• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beast Below (3102/502)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 31
    THE BEAST BELOW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3102 (502)

The Doctor takes Amy to the distant future, where she finds Britain in space. Starship UK houses the future of the British people as they search the stars for a new home. But when Amy explores she encounters the terrifying Smilers and learns a deadly truth inside the Voting Booth ... (BBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 04:02 PM.

"you look human"
    "no, you look timelord".

I can't say the episode was as great as the first, but I enjoyed it. Liking Matt more and more, especially when he was fixing his bowtie and talking about how undignified "escaping" would be.

Looks like we can expect the cracks to be a running theme during the season until the finale. I just hope we don't see one at the end of every episode. Also, bit annoying Scotland got their own ship but Northern Ireland didn't. Also, Amy Pond slimmed up, sexy.

sigpic

Comment

Oh this just gets better and better...

I'm still assimilating it, but that was fantastic. Both Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are superb actors, and Matt's Doctor is already my favourite. It's like a distillation of all the best aspects of the prior ten, with something else on top.

Some great lines and scenes, especially the Doctor after he finds out what Amy did and what the UK did.

"I'm going to stay out of trouble...badly."
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Ok that was a pretty damn good episode. Not perfect, but at the same time I can't say I saw anything particularly wrong with it at all. I'm loving Both the Doctor and Amy more and more all the time. Esspecially how The Doctor acts like such an old man now in his body language, even though he has the energy of a 26 year old. Exactly what I hoped for when I heard about Matt Smith being the Doctor.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Also, bit annoying Scotland got their own ship but Northern Ireland didn't.
          That's because Scotland has been campagning for independance for decades

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            That's because Scotland has been campagning for independance for decades
            Scots haven't been killing each other for it in acts of terrorism. Killing each other > campaigns. It's just a nice little joke to have though, saying to the Scottish character that the Scots wanted their own ship although it makes you wonder having seen the episode, if the UK had to use a Space Whale, what did the Scots use?

sigpic

Comment

Amazing, creepy, mystery story for the 11th Doctor and Amy!!! Loved it!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Can't believe I forgot this, but did anyone else recognise The Demon Headmaster? I noticed him right away and thought it was about time he was used in Doctor Who.

sigpic

Comment

I totally loved this episode. Especially the end. The hugging between Amy and the Doctor is cute ^_^
                  Poor Tennant has to compete with Matt for a place as the second favourite doctor of mine. Cuz Eccleston will always be my first favourite.

Comment

That was a super episode. Disturbing though - the poor whale & the Doctor's terrible dilemma. I felt quite emotional at one point. This episode certainly makes a contrast with The Eleventh Hour and really illustrates the "dark glittering fairy tales" we were promised. I liked the way at Amy recognised the same qualities in the Doctor and the whale.

Favourite quote was when the Doctor & Amy are on the whale's tongue, she asks where they are, he sniffs and says "Lancashire."

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Can't believe I forgot this, but did anyone else recognise The Demon Headmaster? I noticed him right away and thought it was about time he was used in Doctor Who.
                      Haha no way awesome I loved that show when I was a kid.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I liked the mentions to the solar flares of the late 29th century which devastated Earth. For those of you not in the know...we see what happened to the "best of the best" of the human race and what became of Earth some hundreds of years after the solar flares in the 1975 stories The Ark in Space and The Sontaran Experiment. I recommend checking them out.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

what happened to all the other countries seems a bit unlikely everyone would be able to build ships except the uk

Comment

We don't know how countries are in the future

Heart of the starship is Lancashire? I can deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              I liked the mentions to the solar flares of the late 29th century which devastated Earth. For those of you not in the know...we see what happened to the "best of the best" of the human race and what became of Earth some hundreds of years after the solar flares in the 1975 stories The Ark in Space and The Sontaran Experiment. I recommend checking them out.
                              Really? I thought it was a reference to The End of the World in season 27, but then they didn't mention anything about the expansion of the sun there.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X