Eli's getting BIGGER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli's getting BIGGER?

Is it just me but did the Eli character get stouter since the last time we saw him
    4 months ago. Shouldn't he be getting smaller considering he is getting some exercise
    (yoga with Chloe), only eating rations, and whatever vegetarian fare the botanists can grow or collect on planet stopovers?

I didn't notice it.

But yeah in time he should lose some weight; this being a tv show it probably won't happen though, even Hurley on Lost stayed the same.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

In lost (first few seasons) Hurley and co had only been on the island for a few months, if that, so i doubt he would have lost much weight - and thats not accounting for the food they found (Darma supplies)

Eli did look fatter i thought

Comment

At the convention in Sydney (about a month ago) David Blue looked exactly the same as he was in the first half of season 1...so I guess that's a 'no' in regards to the exercise.

Comment

Considering there was no break in production, I doubt it.

I wonder how much weight he could actually have lost though, as a character. They've only been on Destiny for what, 6 weeks or so?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Six weeks is a long time, especially on the rationing they have... Despite having no exercise he should be thinner, but that would requite the actor to go on a ridiculous crash diet and obscene exercise routine, which he really shouldn't do for the sake of such a little detail. Hurley from Lost on the other hand...
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

People on the Survivor (the reality show) generally lose quite a bit of weight in 36 days or so.
              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I didn't notice anything.

Comment

He looked about the same to me. Or at least I didn't notice anything different.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know, he looked the same, give or take a few pounds. Both he and Brody had weight on them, but so what. Like they said earlier look at Hurley from lost.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I don't buy the "Lost did it!" thing. SGU is awesome. Lost sucks.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I will laugh if at the end of the series Eli is more muscular than Greer.

No seriously I will
                        Tst

Comment

Yeah, he did seem a bit more chubby when he was running towards the APLECORE during the battle.
                          Maybe the sand aliens impregnated him?

Comment

Folks

Let's please remember the 'respect the cast and crew' rule here.

If we feel that this thread is taking a turn to disparage the actor, i'll be shut down
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                              Six weeks is a long time, especially on the rationing they have... Despite having no exercise he should be thinner, but that would requite the actor to go on a ridiculous crash diet and obscene exercise routine, which he really shouldn't do for the sake of such a little detail. Hurley from Lost on the other hand...
                              Exactly. If SGU was a big budget movie, yes he would have to, but this is not a big budget movie, its a tv show with a pretty good size budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X