Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you expecting the show to be drastically different now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you expecting the show to be drastically different now?

I've noticed some people mention it so far. That watching "Space" made it seem like the rest of the season will be equally as amazing as that episode, in terms of the action/adventure aspect.

My question is: Do we think the show will remain as it was this week?

Personally, I think it was just exciting to see SGU go for more action and jeopardy, and have something more familiar to old school SG fans, but I don't expect the show to be like this very often.

I remember when "Be All My Sins Remember'd" first aired. A lot of fans (myself included) lost their minds with excitement over what had just happened, and how this would reflect the rest of the series beyond that point. A few episodes later, however, the show pretty much went back to its standard format. Which I enjoyed, but it obviously wasn't always as massive and epic as BAMSR every week, or even every several weeks.

When I hear "the rest of the season will be fantastic" and it's based on what we see in a single episode, I always worry a bit that expectations may be so high that the show can't possibly reach it.

Not that the rest of the show can't be fantastic. I think the show has been doing well all along. I'm just not sure "Space" is the perfect example of what most of the season will be the whole way through.

Space wasn't all that different from the first half of the season, so...no.

Comment

I don't expect there to be that much action in many, if any upcoming episodes. I think anyone expecting the show to turn into an action/adventure will be disappointed.

Comment

Season returns are always a little exciting, the next episode looks pretty good too. Always up for a good coup. Faith though to me just from the description looks like a flat liner, but hey all I'm going on is the early pictures and the description. Love to be proven wrong.

Don't think you should expect
        Spoiler:
        aliens, space fights, action and more every episode!

Comment

Different? No.
          Why? Becouse this show tends to have a bi-polar attribute, one episode is focused on action, the next on drama , some are a bit of both tossed together...

It doesnt make it bad but it sure doesnt make it good, its like the writers want to please everyboddy but instead deliver subpar episodes.
          Ill wait for season 2 thou, it cant go anywere but up from here, if they would stop wasteing this shows potential.

Comment

i think it was awesome.

Space shows action, but not the mindless SGA type of action. there's really stuff going on. and i thought the look of Scott and Greer when Young ordered all weapons fired, says a LOT about how they think. the action is there, but also the characters in the action. i think this is the course that SGU should go.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              Space wasn't all that different from the first half of the season, so...no.
              Indeed, and compared to previous series there wasn't THAT much action in "Space"! I think the show will begin to change as the upcoming arcs develop, but other than that it won't be drastically different.
              Last edited by Replicator Todd; 03 April 2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Do I think it will all be the excitement I felt last night? No. Do I hope it keeps me interested like it did last night? Yes. I was getting pretty bored with the last few episodes of the first half of the season. Space showed me how good SGU COULD be if it were given better stories than "Young thinks his wife is sleeping with Telford" from time to time.
                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

No and I'm okay with that. SGU kept entertained enough just like Space did
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I dont think there will be space battles and gun battles every ep but I do know that the final three eps will be action packed and that the rest of the eps will have a faster pace and more jeapordy instead of visiting loved ones on earth.
                    sigpic

Comment

Awesome as "Space" was, I didn't notice anything all that different from past episodes. So no, I'm expecting it to keep on being as incredible as always.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm expecting and hoping that the show will not change that much compared to 1.0. Completely happy with SGU right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

No, for the action but I have higher hope for the adventure (and exploration) part.

Above everything I love some good mystery and suspense into Stargate. I don't think there will be much action simply because the part of space the Destiny is at the moment is largely devoid of life. So beside things like a rock avalanche, some violent storm or stuff like that, not much can happen unless the aliens from Space come back or they visit (or face) some other aliens civilizations. Which I think won't be the case this season.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                            I've noticed some people mention it so far. That watching "Space" made it seem like the rest of the season will be equally as amazing as that episode, in terms of the action/adventure aspect.

My question is: Do we think the show will remain as it was this week?

Personally, I think it was just exciting to see SGU go for more action and jeopardy, and have something more familiar to old school SG fans, but I don't expect the show to be like this very often.

I remember when "Be All My Sins Remember'd" first aired. A lot of fans (myself included) lost their minds with excitement over what had just happened, and how this would reflect the rest of the series beyond that point. A few episodes later, however, the show pretty much went back to its standard format. Which I enjoyed, but it obviously wasn't always as massive and epic as BAMSR every week, or even every several weeks.

When I hear "the rest of the season will be fantastic" and it's based on what we see in a single episode, I always worry a bit that expectations may be so high that the show can't possibly reach it.

Not that the rest of the show can't be fantastic. I think the show has been doing well all along. I'm just not sure "Space" is the perfect example of what most of the season will be the whole way through.
                            Space was just a little taste of that is to come. There is going to be much more action, faster paced eps, and a lot more plot driven eps.

I am very happy with that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Space was just a little taste of that is to come. There is going to be much more action, faster paced eps, and a lot more plot driven eps.

I am very happy with that.
                              Sounds good to me. Have you seen "Divided" yet?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X