Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ancient Lantean View Post
    The moment Destiny's main cannon came out and started shooting
    I think that was Reddevil's favorite part.
    sigpic

Comment

All the above mentioned. Really liked the TJ/James laughing scene. But I also liked the end, with the music and showing them each alone. They are on a ship with how many other people, but they are generally alone, and very much lonely.

Comment

Rush beating up that alien (and running around with the pipe ^^)

Surrender

Eli shutting up Young for a change (see "The Destiny"'s post)

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Eli: Malfunction in the connection?
          Scott: Now that's quite a hiccup.
          Young: I've seen worse.

"Earth", anyone?
          Wow, I didn't even catch that one!

Hehe. Poor Telford.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Scott:I'm going. You don't have too.
            Greer:I'm already here
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

All of the above!!

I also love the moment when we see the alien ship for the first time. We get a quick shot, a reaction shot, and then a few seconds of just ship sitting there, the camera moving a little, and most importantly: utter silence.

That silence just creeped me out so much. It felt like it was ready to strike at any moment.

If there were some dramatic music at that point, it would've ruined it. Hooray for new style of suspense!

Speaking of commercial breaks, I also LOVED the one where Chloe "greets" the aliens. The roof drops, Chloe is dumbfounded and looks up, there is white light, and then a short but unmistakably-alien bleat, then SMASHCUT TO BLACK. Wow. Talk about teasing! It was almost like the end of "Time", where they leave it up to your imagination to keep it going. So Awesome.

Comment

I have to admit that my favorite moment was when Rush took down the alien. Go Rush!
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

1. Despite his obvious terror, Rush immediately assessing that something's different with the alien that freed him and taking control of the situation - and then when he realizes Young is gone, using the neural interface to get the info he needs to escape
                  2. Rush freeing Chloe and the two of them escaping and running down the alien corridor on bare feet, Rush brandishing that length of pipe.
                  3. When Greer is stunned to see Rush and Rush is quick enough to ask what Young's lie was and then remind Greer that Young got it wrong "again" and then he just casually waves at Greer to point his gun somewhere else.
                  4. When Rush repeats Young's "for the crew" statement with that uplilt at the end which makes it more of a question than a statement, and the closeup there on Rush's face, showing just half of it at that angle, and the intensity you can see in his eye.
                  5. Volker actually starting to show a bit of potential. Love the way Rush looked at him when Volker says how glad they are to have him back.
                  6. The little smile Chloe gave Rush after he mentions his priority was getting both of them off the ship.

Comment

Working...
                  X