Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Space'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Space'

New episode, new favourite moments/quotes. Some funny, some not so. A few powerful little scenes that'll go down as favourite moments. Either or. Let's just keep things within the thread title/topic, and get down to it.

I'll go first.

Favourite moments gotta be these four:
    - The entirety of the James/Caine/TJ/Eli scene, culminating in Eli and TJ bursting out laughing. Awesomesauce.
    - Greer agreeing to follow Scott into the alien ship. Nice loyalty from that guy - can't hate that.
    - The Eli/Chloe/Scott tomatoes scene. Eli frustrated was cool enough, but Scott coming over and repeating Chloe's awe about the tomatoes was great.
    - And finally: Young Vs Wray

Young: I always figured limited resources would mean an everyday struggle for survival, but I never thought it would come to this.
    Wray: That supposed to be some sort of hint?
    Young: Yeah, it's a hint. If you're wondering what to get me for Christmas, I need socks.
    [...]
    Wray: I find it interesting that the device just happens to malfunction moments after we have our conversation this morning.
    Young: I guess it's kinda coincidental.
    Wray: That's one word. Another is convenient.
    Young: And another is surprising. Okay - your turn.

Oh Young, you nutso.

EDIT: Oh, and Riley mentions. Yay!
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 16 March 2011, 04:28 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

When the crew looked at the alien ship, and was scared - now that was beyond awesome. The unknowing and music really helped. Dang, I was just as scared as them. The battle was cool too, but more cool was that Destiny couldn't handle it.

And again, the everyday-life aboard the Destiny. Always love those parts.

Roll on rest of the 1.5.
    sigpic

Comment

the part about the stones. "so when we use the stones next time, it won't be...convenient, or coincidence, or surprising"

another great one was when Young ordered all weapons fired. also, how Eli was cracking under the pressure.

people, i'm in love. i'd trade SGA's existence for at least 10 seasons of SGU anytime

Comment

Surrender.

Comment

Greer's smile and the scene with James and Tj and Caine and Eli.
          sigpic

Comment

- The Alien unequivocal one word reply: Surrender!!
            - Young face when he sees Rush in the alien's water tank then having to interact with him at that moment.
            - The alien "stoning in" tied to a chair.

And the most underated scene:
            - Young command decision to shoot the Alien ships while Chloe (and Rush!!!!) was still on it with Scott and his buddy Greer in the background dumbfounded. Somehow you wonder if Young is back beeing his crazy self because Rush is on that ship or if its a good strategic decision to save the people on the ship. Just the fact that you wonder for a sec is good, with Scott questioning the decision too. Nice to see Young quickly walking away from Scott and Greer while the 2 ponder his decision, confounded.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The space battle. And Chloe looking gorgeous as usual.
              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

TJ and James laughing together
                Eli not holding back
                The look on Young's face when he saw Rush
                Rush rescuing Chloe
                Scott and Greer doing what they felt they needed to do, regardless of the chain of command
                The socks
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  The socks
                  Right! That was a nice touch. Loved it, too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Young and Wray's conversation. Young's "Okay. Your turn" was just awesomely delivered and the whole scene was just cool.

Comment

Young: "I need this ship.. working, NOW"
                      Eli: "You should've thought about that before you got rid of Rush"

That had Young silent for a moment.

And the harsh "surrender", on a threathening red background. The episode totally had me from there on.

Comment

The moment Destiny's main cannon came out and started shooting

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          Young and Wray's conversation. Young's "Okay. Your turn" was just awesomely delivered and the whole scene was just cool.
                          This was my favourite moment too! Louis Ferreira was brilliant in that whole exchange. The whole time I watched that scene, I was smiling to myself - I loved the way Young handled Wray.

Comment

Eli: Malfunction in the connection?
                            Scott: Now that's quite a hiccup.
                            Young: I've seen worse.

"Earth", anyone?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Eli: Malfunction in the connection?
                              Scott: Now that's quite a hiccup.
                              Young: I've seen worse.

"Earth", anyone?
                              That was pretty funny.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X