Rush in the episode, his actions and experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lp
    I think Rush rescued Chloe because he'd been imprisoned and mind-probed and goodness only what else by the aliens for a while and you could see that he both hated and feared them - after that, how could he leave another human being, esp. a young woman, in their hands?
    I think this sums it up quite nicely. I doubt rescuing Chloe was part of some greater plan to win favour since he had absolutely no guarantee that he could get himself or her off that ship alive. All he had to go on was where the stuff he needed would be. If they were accosted by an armed guard party, that would be the end. Thus I think we can chalk this up to humanity on Rush's part, simply rescuing Chloe because he didn't want her consigned to the fate Young effectively left him on that planet with.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      And after the scene at the end of Space he is back to villian
      How does warning Camille that Young is dangerous - as he clearly is - make Rush into a villian?

Young's been cracking at the seams for most of the series and Rush was right when he told Young that he's a dangerous liability. Certainly, the attempt to put suspicion on him for Spencer's death was a foolish move. but people do stupid things under extreme pressure, even the smartest people. And it certainly did not deserve what Young did to Rush - beating him up and then abandoning him to die alone of thirst and starvation or worse. Young's lost it completely - he's utterly irrational and the scary thing is that he knows he's losing it.

Rush and Camille have every reason to be worried. And I didn't see any sign of Rush agreeing with Camille's suggestion that "the next time will be different" - he looked extremely doubtful of her and the situation. I don't think he trusts her - more than Young perhaps - but that look on Rush's face - he's not buying into anything yet.

I haven't seen Rush do or say anything that makes me think of him as a villian. A complex, grief-striken, work-obsessed, driven, asocial, highly pragmatic human being, yes. There are layers within that characters and I think they've only barely started peeling away at them. I can't wait for the rest of season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
        How does warning Camille that Young is dangerous - as he clearly is - make Rush into a villian?

Young's been cracking at the seams for most of the series and Rush was right when he told Young that he's a dangerous liability. Certainly, the attempt to put suspicion on him for Spencer's death was a foolish move. but people do stupid things under extreme pressure, even the smartest people. And it certainly did not deserve what Young did to Rush - beating him up and then abandoning him to die alone of thirst and starvation or worse. Young's lost it completely - he's utterly irrational and the scary thing is that he knows he's losing it.

Rush and Camille have every reason to be worried. And I didn't see any sign of Rush agreeing with Camille's suggestion that "the next time will be different" - he looked extremely doubtful of her and the situation. I don't think he trusts her - more than Young perhaps - but that look on Rush's face - he's not buying into anything yet.

I haven't seen Rush do or say anything that makes me think of him as a villian. A complex, grief-striken, work-obsessed, driven, asocial, highly pragmatic human being, yes. There are layers within that characters and I think they've only barely started peeling away at them. I can't wait for the rest of season 1.
        He is not telling Wray the whole story. He is only telling certain parts to showcase he is a victim of Young. When in reality Rush has a huge area of blame for his situation. He is mantipulating the distrust to get what he wants like he always does
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          He is not telling Wray the whole story. He is only telling certain parts to showcase he is a victim of Young. When in reality Rush has a huge area of blame for his situation. He is mantipulating the distrust to get what he wants like he always does
          I agree.
          And I could see Rush manipulating the two sides one against the other for his own interest.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jel
            Which parts of the story do you think he left out? Assuming that she knew about Rush's plan and was accomplice in the trial, what is there left for Rush to be coy about? I don't see how he still needs to sell himself as some sort of victim since the way events have played out by Young's own doing, Young has incriminated himself. Rush doesn't have to do a thing to demonize Young.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos
              If Rush wanted to take control of destiny. he could have told the aliens how to recreate the stone technology .
              I don't think he needed to do that. Remember the first time the stones where used, in SG-1? Why Harris and Salis did not take control of Daniel and Vala? Because they did not had places the other stones, in the Ori galaxy, in the pedestal. Now, why did the alien take control of Young's body?
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                Which parts of the story do you think he left out? Assuming that she knew about Rush's plan and was accomplice in the trial, what is there left for Rush to be coy about? I don't see how he still needs to sell himself as some sort of victim since the way events have played out by Young's own doing, Young has incriminated himself. Rush doesn't have to do a thing to demonize Young.
                I don't Wray knows about Rush framing Young for murder. It makes Young look more like a villian doing and Rush more a victim. If Wray for an acomplice in the whole thing I don't think she would so easily give Young back power in Justice
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jel
                  I don't Wray knows about Rush framing Young for murder. It makes Young look more like a villian doing and Rush more a victim. If Wray for an acomplice in the whole thing I don't think she would so easily give Young back power in Justice
                  She didn't have a choice at the end of justice since for the sake of the military personnel, its all about perception. Even if she were an accomplice which the end of Space seems to suggest she is, she'd have no grounds to withhold leadership from Young at that point. Classic politics.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                    She didn't have a choice at the end of justice since for the sake of the military personnel, its all about perception. Even if she were an accomplice which the end of Space seems to suggest she is, she'd have no grounds to withhold leadership from Young at that point. Classic politics.
                    She had a choice when their wasn't enough evidence to convict Young but enough to cast doubt. I just don't see Wray being complict about the whole thing. Its just doesn't mesh with her character.

And if that isn't convincing JM said Wray doesn't know everything about the whole Justice/Space ordeal
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                      I don't think he needed to do that. Remember the first time the stones where used, in SG-1? Why Harris and Salis did not take control of Daniel and Vala? Because they did not had places the other stones, in the Ori galaxy, in the pedestal. Now, why did the alien take control of Young's body?
                      If you watch the SGA episode where Dr keller and that thief swapped, the thief placed her stone INTO the pedestal, but keller had mearly touched one. I think it has to do with distance. if one side is connected into a booster (pedestal) and the other 'stone connection' is in the same galaxy, the transfer is full, if not then only partial.

Comment

Working...
                      X