Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next time will be different!

whoa , mutiny on board destiny.

When Young was talking to Rush in his quarters he acknowledged what he did to Rush and saw the fault in that. But if the others go through with whatever plan they are scheming then doesn't this make them worse than Young now...?
    Last edited by erotavlas; 03 April 2010, 11:07 AM.

How does taking command of a ship from someone who is not a good leader and could threaten the lives of the entire crew and wouldn't mind sacrificing cloe just to kill Rush (why do you think he kept firing on that alien ship even when they were retreating and even when it was going to threaten destroying the Destiny due to the overlord) make them worse than Young? From what I've seen so far, I think any of the other main characters, even Rush would make a much better captain of Destiny than Young. Young is like the worst possible candidate for captain.

Comment

I think it purely depends on their motivation and and who the person we are talking about. Wray and Rush's reasons on why they are doing are as different as night and day
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I kinda think leaving Rush on the planet would be considered acceptable to the military since what rush did was basically mutany. Although he now did lose the high ground. I really dont get why the civilians are so supicious of the military. It's not like they are beating people up on the ship and taking their food money.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
          I kinda think leaving Rush on the planet would be considered acceptable to the military since what rush did was basically mutany. Although he now did lose the high ground. I really dont get why the civilians are so supicious of the military. It's not like they are beating people up on the ship and taking their food money.
          I wouldn't say they're suspicious of the military, they are suspicious of Young; and that stems from his issues with Rush. TBH, this crew is spending more time complaining and plotting against each other than they are trying to find a way home.

Comment

Young may not be the best person to be the leader, but Rush nor Wray are better. Rush doesn't want to go home, and well an IOA member never really makes for a good leader. Don't know who would make the best leader though.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
              No, leaving Rush was not acceptable even by military standard.
              A ship's captain has the right to execute a mutaneer ,but after an open trial.

Col Young acted like like one man judge ,jury and executioner. And then lie about it to the other crew .It was almost like a war crime.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                whoa , mutiny on board destiny.

When Young was talking to Rush in his quarters he acknowledged what he did to Rush and saw the fault in that. But if the others go through with whatever plan they are scheming then doesn't this make them worse than Young now...?
                It will be 'for the greater good' or at least what they perceive to be the greater good.

Comment

Solution: Eli finds the "attack" function on the kinos and takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    It will be 'for the greater good' or at least what they perceive to be the greater good.
                    True.

In the end I have more faith in Young then Rush or Wray. Rush is willing to sacrafice for knowledge. Wray has issues , personal ones and don't trust her judgement either. Young I would trust more to get me home and keep me alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                      Solution: Eli finds the "attack" function on the kinos and takes over.
                      This would work.

Heres my opinion on Destiny (who could lead)

Young: As Mattsilver reckons he fits well into the "Nucking Futs" area, gets a bit too cranky, often his plans result in someone getting hurt, or being near suicidal.
                      Slightly Goth like. Hates everybody, especially Telford, Wray and Rush, only likes Greer since he punched Telford. Hates losing people, except the previous mentioned

Command: NO FARKIN WAY (who ever made him commander was a bit Nuckin Futs himself

Rush: Also Nuckin Futs, but not as much, smarter than young as he knows the future and ain't as scary or suicidal.
                      A bit weak hearted, would sacrifice the whole crew if put in command to get what he wants. Hates anyone who doesn't let him go crazy with work.

Command: Better than Young, but still no

Wray: More of a people person, not exactly Nuckin Futs but Nuckin Nuisance instead. Can be a real a-hole if the situation requires it, but often it does not.
                      Hates Young with ever fibre of her being, it's what she lives on, kind of likes Rush...but thats because he ain't military

Command: Some would rather die (Young) but better than them by 100miles

Telford: Has Command experience, hates young and anyone who likes him with every fibre of HIS being (except his wife of course) Like Wray, can be an a-hole except he does it 24/7, power hungry, no one likes him, except for his superiors who don't want to upset him

Command: If it came down to experience yes, but considering his huge mental condition like all other candidates thus far HELL NO

Scott: Too Green, his first order of buisness would be to make himself King of the ship, and make chloe the queen, with Rush as an Igor like assistant. Since he has done practically everyone on the ship, he seems to have good reputation.

Command: I'd prefer Telford

Greer: Aha now here we have a good option. Good sense of humour, hardened, doesn't take crap from anyone, although would probably punch Rush too if had the chance. He would turn the ship into a Survivor like zone and have eliminations (leave that to your imagination to figure what that means

Command: Honestly best option so far, so i'm saying yes out of desperation

Johansen: No
                      Command: No

Eli: As quoted, he would take the ship by force with an army of kinos, he would make himself supreme Elf-warlord of the ship. First order of buisness would be to say that Scott thought the Airlock was a bathroom and had a nasty accident. If something goes wrong, he would have a tantrum, run around in a rage around the ship but would stop a quarter of the way as he would be too tired.

Command: 2nd to Greer
                      Tst

Comment

Lesbians are so nefarious, are they not? The most interesting aspect of this is...did Wray and Rush work together on framing Young? So much scheming! If the aliens are smart, they'd just tail Destiny from a distance and leave the humans alone, because they're bound to kill each other sooner or later.

Comment

Young did what he had to do for the good of the crew when he stranded Rush. He gave him the opportunity to end the conflict but Rush chose the "It will never be over" route. Rush obviously doesn't care about anyone else, only the ship and himself, he only follows orders because it benefits him. R. is a loose canon and a danger to everyone else. Mutiny is not something to be taken lightly.

Young again did the right thing by continuing to fire on the enemy vessel. Destiny's shields were about to give out so he had to do something. Chloe (and Rush) were never in danger - the shield of ship was eating all the fire and it was the only way to buy Destiny some time. Even if the enemy seemed to retreat, it could have been a ruse or preparing another weapon.

Destiny also needed to send a message that it's not just a sitting duck, it has the ability to fight back and that it will do it too. As Young said, it was a command decision, and I believe it was the right one. The others have not earned the right yet to second guess him, and his experience.

Hopefully next time they attempt to mutiny they'll be caught red handed and dealt with. Wray and Rush are a clear danger to everyone on the ship.
                          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                            Young again did the right thing by continuing to fire on the enemy vessel. Destiny's shields were about to give out so he had to do something. Chloe (and Rush) were never in danger - the shield of ship was eating all the fire and it was the only way to buy Destiny some time. Even if the enemy seemed to retreat, it could have been a ruse or preparing another weapon.
                            Even at the end when the ship was retreating anyway, and Young was informed that firing another shot could destroy the ship? THAT is not a good command decision. If your weapons are ineffective and firing them could kill everyone on board, AND the enemy is leaving anyway, you don't fire.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              Perception is the important point here, the writers want us to perceive each characters motivations a certain way, but that doesn't mean it's the correct perception. We still don't know what motivates each character to do what they do, and I find it hard to make an assessment on any of them until I at least know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X