No announcement yet.

The Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the name people have given the blue aliens. Smurfs definitely doesn't do it for me. I call them the Obsessors because they are obsessed about the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
      I don't like the name people have given the blue aliens. Smurfs definitely doesn't do it for me. I call them the Obsessors because they are obsessed about the Destiny.
      the obsessive smurfs
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They're the Snorks, dangit!
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Maybe they could re-gurgiate the Goa'uld and really make them scary this time. Perhaps a lost variation from the far flung reaches of wherever Destiny is
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I use either Astrals (a name I came up with when I predicted the appearance of hostile aliens before "Space" aired) or Stalkers (they are stalking Destiny).

Comment

How did they find out the gate address of destiny?
              That question has been bugging me since I saw that trailer, and I have a few predictions as to what it might be.

Maybe the KINO along with the touch screen things contain the gate address of destiny, thus giving a failsafe in case either is "misplaced". Since eli lost the KINO, we could possibly predict that the race was researching (although unlikely, because most "evil" races portrayed as evil dont research for knowledge, but weapons. INB4 "Evil people can research history too!". Im talking about stargate people, and honestly, what "nice" culture in the stargate series actually studied their history for the sake of knowledge?) or that they were scavenging and found it while in the tunnels. Because they probably have sensors for picking up energy readings, such as what is seen in SGA, where they cloak atlantis to make it seem as though it was destroyed. They were worried that the wraith may have picked up the energy reading of an active stargate, which tells me that they can, but were not scanning at the time or some other thing like that.

Or maybe they just gots a brute force thing and was like "I GOTZ TEH PASSWARD".

Thoughts?

Comment

The most disappointing thing about the aliens is how weak they are, seriously if Rush can kill one in hand to hand combat they present zero threat physically.

In a sci-fi culture where we have formidable aliens like the Borg, Species 8472, Xenomorphs, Predators etc.. I would have like to see something that Rush couldn't kill with his bare hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  The most disappointing thing about the aliens is how weak they are, seriously if Rush can kill one in hand to hand combat they present zero threat physically.

In a sci-fi culture where we have formidable aliens like the Borg, Species 8472, Xenomorphs, Predators etc.. I would have like to see something that Rush couldn't kill with his bare hands.
                  humans are pretty weak as a species too. No claws, no big gnashy teeth, no real defenses but our wrinkly brains, a predator's instinct and the ability to hunt well in packs. The blue aliens seem to physically be a lot like us in that sense, from what we've seen, but they do have technology that made them a threat, especially given the weakened defenses of the Destiny. As far as really tough aliens went, the squidies from Time were pretty scary
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    humans are pretty weak as a species too. No claws, no big gnashy teeth, no real defenses but our wrinkly brains, a predator's instinct and the ability to hunt well in packs. The blue aliens seem to physically be a lot like us in that sense, from what we've seen, but they do have technology that made them a threat, especially given the weakened defenses of the Destiny. As far as really tough aliens went, the squidies from Time were pretty scary
                    I agree on all accounts but I don't see why they wouldn't make their main alien antagonists physically formidable and intimidating. After seeing Rush kill one in his first encounter any chance of giving viewers a sense of fear when they see them is pretty much nil.

They have been named "Smurfs" by the fandom here at Gateworld - that says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      I agree on all accounts but I don't see why they wouldn't make their main alien antagonists physically formidable and intimidating. After seeing Rush kill one in his first encounter any chance of giving viewers a sense of fear when they see them is pretty much nil.

They have been named "Smurfs" by the fandom here at Gateworld - that says it all really.
                      the Destiny really don't have the ability to fight back though and it's not like they even have the ability to retreat. Having them, in the condition they're in, beat a very powerful enemy would be pretty unrealistic, IMO. And they've been labeled the Smurfs because they're blue
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        the Destiny really don't have the ability to fight back though and it's not like they even have the ability to retreat. Having them, in the condition they're in, beat a very powerful enemy would be pretty unrealistic, IMO. And they've been labeled the Smurfs because they're blue
                        There is a lot of distance between Rush being able to kill one in hand to hand and very powerful that need not be "pretty unrealistic" and I doubt they'd be called smurfs if they were badass.

Comment

People also called the Na'vi smurfs. They're blue.

On the other hand "prawns" (District 9) was also suggested for the blue aliens, it just didn't stick. That's as badass as aliens get (before you start venturing into the horror/thriller movie realm).
                          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                            People also called the Na'vi smurfs. They're blue.

On the other hand "prawns" (District 9) was also suggested for the blue aliens, it just didn't stick. That's as badass as aliens get (before you start venturing into the horror/thriller movie realm).
                            they will always be smurfs to me
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think the original "Aliens" would have been better.
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                              X