No announcement yet.

The Alien ship, propulsion, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is safe to assume that the alien ships are much faster then Destiny, since it was able detect rush capture rush, and than catch up to Destiny.

Tho we don't know if Destiny is actually traveling at its full speed. Possibly it might have to maintain its speed to communicate with seeder ships while in FTL?

Or the engines might simply be damaged......

The alien could of taken a faster drive offline and its been continuing on limited speed.

The aliens could of been making regular visits to destiny, but now we reactivated defences and offensives.
    67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
      It is safe to assume that the alien ships are much faster then Destiny, since it was able detect rush capture rush, and than catch up to Destiny.

Tho we don't know if Destiny is actually traveling at its full speed. Possibly it might have to maintain its speed to communicate with seeder ships while in FTL?

The alien could of taken a faster drive offline and its been continuing on limited speed.

The aliens could of been making regular visits to destiny, but now we reactivated defences and offensives.
      Actually it's not entirely certain that the alien ship is faster than Destiny. Rush was on another planet to which Destiny was connected through the Stargate. For all we know that system could have been ahead of Destiny, they passed it at some point, the aliens could have already picked up Rush, detected Destiny's approach and decided to follow/wait until it drops out of FTL again.

Comment

So how does everybody think that this ship, and her fighters, stacks up compared to others we've seen in the franchise?

Personally, I think it looks somewhere between an Asgard Ship and a Hive (although I'm not certain which would be stronger). I also think that her fighters could be the strongest we've seen of any of the races.

Then again, she was fighting a falling apart, neglected and undermanned enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
          And lost.

I'm thinking it's stronger than a Ha'tak but a Hiveship, Ori, Lantean, Asgard ship or 304 would have no trouble with it. A single beam weapon would probably pulverize it, considering Destiny's weapons, which are the oldest and probably weakest weapons in the series, damaged it.
          The fighters appear to be tough because they have shielding but they also seem less maneuverable than a 302 or Death Glider.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post

O r maybe they took a more direct route. Remember the ship is following a premade plan, which might not be the direct route.

Comment

It was obviously a time flux warp generator

(That makes no sense)

Comment

Na.. a flux capacitor using bug juice!

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                  So how does everybody think that this ship, and her fighters, stacks up compared to others we've seen in the franchise?

Personally, I think it looks somewhere between an Asgard Ship and a Hive (although I'm not certain which would be stronger). I also think that her fighters could be the strongest we've seen of any of the races.

I think that the fighters are probably somewhere between a Tel'tak and an Al'kesh, they seem to have weapons but lack significant maneuvering thrusters.

The big ship, which I guesstimate to be around 270m long to the guesstimate of the Destiny's length of 540m, is probably somewhere between a season one Ha'tak and a pre-Anubis Al'kesh in power. I think it only has one main weapon and I have no clue as to exactly how much power it has, though I think it is roughly equivalent to one of a Ha'tak's main weapons though with significantly reduced firing speed.

Comment

How advanced can they be if they are not useing Hyperdrives?
                    The Wrath use them... but the Smurfs that fly in their own galaxy need to use FTL's?

Comment

Who says FTL is slower? Too bad we have no definitive numbers and work out the speeds. We know the distances from Peg to MW, and how long it takes with a fully operating integalactic hyperdrive. So we can determine the speeds. With Destiny you need to know a ballpark figure of how long it has been in service, and how far it has really traveled. Also, how many times and for how long it has stopped to dial a gate, any downtime for repairs/recharge...ect. Perhaps Destiny isn't running at full speed. There are too many unknowns and variables to make a judgement on which is faster. FTL may exist for Destiny due to the nature of its power source. Destiny had/has a purpose. Its mission is indefinate and seemingly unending. Its not a ferry from one point to another. I guess time will tell.

Also, perhaps Destiny had some influence on the smurfs. Rush said they were studying Destiny for a while. Hell, the smurfs may have left their galaxy a while ago. For all we know the smurfs used hyperdrive, or were limited to the speed of light till Destiny stopped to dial a gate. Again I guess we will find out.
                      Last edited by desertrat1979; 16 April 2010, 11:59 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Comment

I checked it out in slow-mo, cause I roll like that, and whatever type of drive, I saw no window involved, just the ship spearing off until it dissappeared, however, not all renditions of Hyperspace involved windows(Star Wars).
                        E.D.E.N.

Comment

Working...
                        X