When do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you think...

Or if at all, we'll get to see Galactica, Caprica is what, 58 years (?) before BSG so will the end of Caprica be the begining of the war hence we wont actually see it (Seeing as according to the mini series of BSG the Galactica it was constructed "...over 50 years ago during the early days of the Cylon War"), or perhaps something like in one of the "new" Star Wars films where you see the blueprints for the Deathstar kinda thing..

I wonder how much the Greystone company would have in constructing or at least helping out with the construction of something like the planets Battlestar.

I also wonder if we'll see anything "pre" Battlestar, so far all we've really seen are hot air balloons, a few prop driven things and the jets that Zoe refered too as "Vipers"...

And, how old is Adama meant to be in BSG, we know he served in the "first" Cylon War so would expect him to be over or around 20 by that point, he's probably 15 or so at the minute so maybe 5 seasons of Caprica, start of war, end of Caprica, year or so build the original 12 Battlestars, +"over 50 years" = Adama not far off 70???

That would be cool if the Galactic was ever mentioned in Caprica...if Caprica ever gets that far. I wouldn't think we'd ever see her, but one would think that blue prints for her would have been in the works before the war had started. Galactic represented the colony of Caprica. Greystone's company could have possibly been involved in some capacity.

Battlestar wiki estimates his age to currently be 11 on Caprica and 73 by the end of BSG. So good guess.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Caprica is now on a mid season break untill September

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Battlestar wiki estimates his age to currently be 11 on Caprica and 73 by the end of BSG. So good guess.
        11, seems a bit young to me, ok so we dont know what age people would "join up" in the BSG universe but the fact that he's a pilot of some description during the Cylon war would mean either the wiki is wrong or he was damned young when let loose in a viper, which, I suppose being wartime could be possible but I would expect years of training to become a fighter pilot.

If we go backwards..
        ~73 at end of BSG so,
        ~69 at the beginging of BSG
        - the "58" that Caprica is before BSG, so that would put him now at ~11, but the war is, what ~5 years away so the Razor flashbacks etc are a few years into the war perhaps, that could explain age gap between Adama now and when we see him in the flashbacks/webisodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
          I wonder how much the Greystone company would have in constructing or at least helping out with the construction of something like the planets Battlestar.
          I'm willing to bet they will have any real involvement. I'm sure feelings will be mixed given that it's their toys that went bad.

I also wonder if we'll see anything "pre" Battlestar, so far all we've really seen are hot air balloons, a few prop driven things and the jets that Zoe refered too as "Vipers"...
          Don't forget that we saw something similar to a Raptor too. I don't think there is a real reason to have such advance battlecruisers. Hostilities between the colonies are more likely to be between ground forces. As we haven't seen any little green men there isn't a whole lot of reason to have such ships.

And, how old is Adama meant to be in BSG, we know he served in the "first" Cylon War so would expect him to be over or around 20 by that point, he's probably 15 or so at the minute so maybe 5 seasons of Caprica, start of war, end of Caprica, year or so build the original 12 Battlestars, +"over 50 years" = Adama not far off 70???
          Don't forget that Adama was still in school when the war broke out and that he joined rather late.
          Last edited by aarlin81; 05 April 2010, 12:10 PM.
          How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

IMO Galactica was probably not designed until after things went wrong. Remember, the Old Style Cylon Basestar was there first. That class was probably designed to be the GDD's Capital Ship. But then the Cylons rebelled and took them for themselves, they needed something new...something capable of levelling the playing field. Enter the Galactica-class Battlestar. And since the Old Style Basestar is not a play yet, that is still far, far away.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              IMO Galactica was probably not designed until after things went wrong.
              In your opinion or did you read it from the Battlestar Wiki?

Galactica (BS 75) is a veteran battlestar and the last of her kind still in service with the Colonial Fleet at the time of the destruction of the Twelve Colonies. Built during the early days of the Cylon War, she remains the only military vessel without integrated computer networks. Without networked computers, Galactica never upgrades to the new integrated defense system software developed by Dr. Gaius Baltar and his team. Because of this and other factors, she becomes one of only two known battlestars (the other being Pegasus) to survive the renewed Cylon attack on the Twelve Colonies. At the time of this attack, she was part of the 75th Battlestar Group (BSG-75).

Granted it says "built" and not designed but we don't know what time frame "early days" is supposed to imply. Again no other alien races have been proposed beyond human. Sorry guys, not reptilian Cylons.
              Last edited by aarlin81; 05 April 2010, 12:29 PM.
              How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Right, found that in the Razor flashback #3 where Adama is in a Viper during the Cylon War its dated as 41 years ago..

Comment

Working...
                X