• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter (216)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    PETER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 216

Walter tells the story of his 1985 experiments in which he attempted to save his son's life by copying the advancements of the other universe -- where the lives of both Peters were on the line.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 December 2013, 01:40 PM.

Oh god, the 1980's font and 80's style opening, complete with things like "Personal computers" and "laser surgery" as "fringe science", was great.

Comment

Wow, great episode. BTW Peter is actually episode 215
      ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Excellent episode. When it was coming on...I was like WTH is up with the new font and such. Then I realized it was 80s font. LOL
        sigpic

Comment

I liked this one, really well done.

My question is, wouldn't Peter remember that night and walking through a strange portal.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            I liked this one, really well done.

My question is, wouldn't Peter remember that night and walking through a strange portal.
            True...but he could've blocked it...I mean right after they walked through...they fell through the ice. I know that's not something I'd wanna remember.
            sigpic

Comment

He was sick, and not really in his right mind. Combine that with the trauma associated with the cold and falling through the ice, I think it's very easy that - even if he did know what was going on at the time - it could've been blocked out or drifted into his subconscious, memories being lost or shifted into something else.

Comment

Well I'm glad to know all it takes to rip apart the fabric of reality is a gas generator, some corrugated metal, a rubber hose, and a bug zapper. Walter is the MacGyver of mad scientists.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I thought this was an excellent episode. It answered a lot of questions. Walter has a lot to answer for.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                    I thought this was an excellent episode. It answered a lot of questions. Walter has a lot to answer for.
                    Yeah, it was really a great one. So much was finally answered. And yeah, bad times are coming for Walter and Peter's relationship. And that is a real shame IMO.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That was a very touching episode, and funny with the 8o's font and music
                      So many Fringe questions answered!
                      That anti-aging make-up on John Noble (Walter) and Blair Brown (Nina) was pretty good too.
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end...

Comment

Originally posted by -Plot::Twist- View Post
                        That was a very touching episode, and funny with the 8o's font and music
                        So many Fringe questions answered!
                        That anti-aging make-up on John Noble (Walter) and Blair Brown (Nina) was pretty good too.
                        I thought they looked pretty good too.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A brilliant episode, just amazing!

The way everything was done: perfection. And then some, including the Observers (with Slushos and Eric Stotlz in BTTF, two clever in-jokes), Nina's accident (!), and yes the 80s retro title sequence and subtitles.

Also "Walternate", and didn't I laugh!

But humour aside, this episode was indeed heartbreaking and, dare I say, nasty. Some terrific performances. Though a big shame we didn't see Bell. Are they saving him do you think? And why didn't/hasn't Walternate come back for his Peter?

I think I'm gonna go watch it all again, it really was something else.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Well I'm glad to know all it takes to rip apart the fabric of reality is a gas generator, some corrugated metal, a rubber hose, and a bug zapper. Walter is the MacGyver of mad scientists.
                            LOL!! How true.

I loved this ep, I think it was the best one yet. They should just give John Noble the Emmy now, he was awsome.
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                            GateCon Attendee 2008
                            Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                              Though a big shame we didn't see Bell. Are they saving him do you think?
                              I read somewhere that Leonard Nimoy didn't want to carry on playing the character, perhaps it was a ploy to get more money but it backfired if it was because the producers said "fine we don't need your character for the story", but I hope that the article was wrong and they are saving him up for something big.

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                              And why didn't/hasn't Walternate come back for his Peter?
                              Perhaps he doesn't know? You're at work and your wife phones you up to ask how Peter is doing, imagine what it would be like for him, he'd think she'd gone nuts her insisting he'd turned up at home and whisked their son away for a magic cure, maybe she is the one that ends up in the padded cell at St Claires (?) in the AU as a result of our Walter's actions.

I do wish however that they had written the reason Walter didn't take Peter back was because the machine was at the bottom of the lake and damaged beyond repair, and that the guilt would have been what drove our Walter to insanity rather than what they did.

We are going to get to meet Walternate though

Comment

Working...
                              X