This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Or of earth sending a rescue/resupply mission!
    Or faith in those aliens who build the planet to rescue them!
    sigpic

Comment

It's been too long since I continued my series looking back at SGU, but I finally wrote about "Faith". Very interesting episode.

Reconsidering Stargate Universe: Faith

I'd love to get your thoughts!

Comment

A very nice synopsis my friend..

Comment

Thanks! I'll try not to have a month go by until the next one.

Comment

Have you ever thought about doing this professionally?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Have you ever thought about doing this professionally?
              I'd love to, but it's nearly impossible in today's Internet world to make money writing about pop culture. I do have a journalism degree from a while back and do use writing in my daily job, but it's nothing so fun as writing about Stargate.

I actually tried to pitch a book about Stargate Universe back in late 2014/early 2015 that would have used a similar episode-by-episode analysis format as these blog posts. I sent the proposal to quite a few publishers (the ones that would accept them without any agent), but none of them were interested. The "Time" blog post is actually a re-worked version of the sample chapter from that proposal, in case you're curious.

Regardless, it's still been fun to revisit SGU and write about the episodes. Thinking through them is really interesting, especially since I do them one at a time.

Comment

Good to see you back, excellent revisit as always. I come back time to time to see when you've watched another episode. Always enjoy reading your reviews.

This is one of my favourite episodes of season 1 and worked so well to give the crew and the viewer a break from the dark closed in depressing life on Destiny. Goes to show how well the makers of SGU created that reality of life on Destiny when you as a viewer feel as happy as the characters to have a break from it!!

Comment

Thanks. I agree that this episode felt very different. We rarely even see the sun on SGU! Especially after the attacks and mutiny in the past two episodes, it was quite a change.

Comment

Of all the eps where imo the music helped MAKE the episode, i think this falls in the top 5 for SGU episodes...

Comment

So scifi.. Any idea when we will get the remaining S1 eps re-viewed??

Comment

Working...
                      X