Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Actor News & Appearances (Non-Stargate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An early review/synposis of Stonehenge: Apocalypse starring Torri Higginson, Peter Wingfield and Hill Harper (along with Misha Collins): The Trades Review
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

More Stonehenge Stuff:

Blog post with pictures of Torri & Misha and another of Hill Harper at the bottom of the page.

It's fun seeing Collins, Harper and Torri Higginson ("Stargate: Atlantis") in a new element; it's a shame they didn't really cut loose...
      More at link below

Weekend Preview from Chicago Now

Comment

SGA - Paul McGillion - NEW - Confined - Sat, June 20 on Lifetime:

A new 2010 made-for-TV (Canada) movie, Confined, co-starring Paul McGillion, Emma Caulfield, David James Elliott and Michael Hogan, premieres on Lifetime on Sunday, June 20 at 7:00 p.m.

The David James Elliott fan web site has some video clips from the movie.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Not sure if this should be here or in a new topic--Mods? But just reported by Michael Ausiello on his Ask Ausiello Blog:

Question: Can you tell me anything about Supernatural‘s new season? —Bryan

Ausiello: I can’t be certain, but I think I just uncovered a significant clue about the overriding plot of season 6: Sources confirm to me exclusively that X-Files vet [and SGA's Captain Stephen Caldwell] Mitch Pileggi is in talks to reprise his role as Sam and Dean’s presumed-dead grandpa on a potentially recurring basis.

Comment

Jewel Staite
            - Mothman airs on Syfy on Saturday, June 19 at 5:00 p.m.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

New "mini" interview with David Hewlett @ Sci Fi and TV Talk - check out the link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...essure.html#tp

Comment

SGA - Janina Gavankar (Whispers) - TV Guide Online: Interview:

At TV Guide Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Gates Star: Next Episode Will Be "More Dark and Intense"

Jun 24, 2010
                by Gina DiNunno

After last week's premiere of ABC's The Gates, it's clear that there's more to the show's upscale community than white picket fences and soccer moms. There's the high school teen who needs to keep his anger in check so he doesn't accidentally turn into a werewolf. Then there are the witches who work their magic under the guise of holistic remedy makers. And let's not forget the married vampire couple, the Radcliffes, who've already drained and dumped one unfortunate contractor.

Could there be even more otherworldly residents lurking in the picture-perfect neighborhood? Turns out Deputy Leigh Turner may have also something to hide. Actress Janina Gavankar reveals how things are amped up in the next episode (Sunday, 10/9c), what her character is up to, and why she thinks The Gates is unique from other supernatural shows.

A brief excerpt:

TVGuide.com: With all the supernatural shows out there, what makes The Gates unique?

Gavankar: One of the reasons why this is such an interesting show to me is because we put a very human spin on a supernatural theme. It's a great analogy for the immigrant experience. There's the idea of leaving everything behind and trying to make it and assimilating. These really big universal themes that we play with are human conditions. There really is something in it for everyone. The parents are going through normal parental issues. There's the younger high school element. Puberty sucks and everyone feels that they're different in high school. But that, coupled with having to worry about your hormones because you might have a werewolf flare and turn in the middle of homecoming? That's awkward!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Update on Martin Firrell project. Visit http://www.martinfirrell.com/joeflanigan/ for several videos with JOE FLANIGAN. Some screencaps at http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/429077.html and check out the Joe Flanigan thread here at GW for more

Comment

Mitch Pileggi (aka Colonel Caldwell on SGA) has been cast for multiple episodes of Season 6 Supernatural.

More information at the Ask Ausiello column at EW.com

Comment

Anyone else notice Paul McGillion in the latest episode of Futurama playing Susan Boyle? It sure sounded like him, can anyone confirm?

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite - HalloWhedon /Con Oct 29-31 UK:

At Massive Events:

Hallowhedon 2 is Massive Event's second 3-day unofficial convention to celebrate the Halloween weekend in style, and the various hit television series created by Joss Whedon. This event will feature guests from Joss Whedon's series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Angel", "Firefly" (and the movie continuation "Serenity") as well as his latest venture "Dollhouse". This event will be held from Friday 29th - Sunday 31st of October 2010. This unofficial convention aims to bring together fans of Joss Whedon to meet some the stars of his creations and enjoy various events over the weekend. There will be activities each day from the usual guest talks and photograph sessions to quizzes and late night parties - including an extra special Halloween Ball on the Saturday night! For more information on these, check out our events section. This event will take place in The Thistle Hotel, Heathrow for more information on this venue and room rates see our venue page. Registration will begin at 2pm and the Opening Ceremony will be at 7pm on the Friday evening!

<<**>>

Jewel Staite
                        was just announced as a guest (on Twitter).

Other guests (so far) include: Alan Tudyk (Firefly), Stephanie Romanov (Angel) and Anthony Head (Buffy).

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Jewel Staite - Syfy: Video: Warehouse 13 Mild Mannered Episode Trailer:

[NOTE: SGA's Jewel Staite and Firefly's Sean Maher guest star in the NEW Warehouse 13 episode, 'Mild Mannered,' airing Tuesday, July 13 at 9pm on Syfy (US).]

At Syfy:

Mild Mannered - Next Episode - Warehouse 13

Can our dynamic duo discover the secret behind a super-powered masked vigilante?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

David Nykl's movie 'The Beast of Bottemless Lake' is going to be shown at a film festival in Mississuaga; July 10th. Here's a youtube of one of his promotion vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxwQLOiDRw

Here's a trailer to the movie
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2ucg7RhUk
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I read about that. Such a bummer it's just in Mississauga (Ontario). I keep hoping for wider release, or better yet, DVD! Thx

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                I read about that. Such a bummer it's just in Mississauga (Ontario). I keep hoping for wider release, or better yet, DVD! Thx
                                It will happen. They are hoping for a wide release but a DVD will definitely happen. I'm hoping that if it does get released we get to see it in the States.

There is another Film festival in July that it will be shown at in Canada. I'm a bit bummed because I'm in Vancouver right now but can't stay an extra two weeks to see it.

The movie is getting great reviews from the critics so it's gonna be one that is definitely worth watching!
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X