Chair vs. Repository Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chair vs. Repository Interface

So, was it just me, or did it sound like, when Rush, Eli, and company were discussing the Ancient Chair, they were actually making reference to the interface to the Ancient repository of knowledge? When they referenced Jack using the device twice, and it twice almost killing him, weren't both of those times because of the Ancient "head-sucker", as Jack called it (lol!), not the chair itself? I mean, Sheppard uses a version of the Ancient chair to no fatal or imminently fatal consequences... right?

I should mention, I'm totally open to correction if I've missed the boat here!

Yeah, they were referencing the head suckers = Ancient repositories of knowledge. The device didn't actually hurt Jack intentionally, his brain couldn't handle all the information without causing a meltdown.

The chair Sheppard uses in Atlantis is just a control interface, nothing gets downloaded into his brain. There was also a similar one (before it got blown up in Enemy At The Gate) on Earth, originally in the Ancient base in Antarctica. It was used to defend Earth with drones - hence the name: Drone Chair.

The chair in SGU is like the repositories of knowledge, not for controlling the ship (or its defenses). At least that's what Rush claimed it was.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Oh! I totally forgot that Rush thought it was a repository - that's a really good point. Yeah, I definitely remember what the chairs were used for (i.e. Lost City and The Siege) - that's why I was concerned by the conversation in "Justice". But, you're right, Rush does say he thinks the chair contains ancient knowledge.
      Thanks for the response!!

Comment

For all we know they chair is an ancient torture device, they assume it's an ancient repository. Remember kids, assume makes an @$$ out of you and me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
          For all we know they chair is an ancient torture device, they assume it's an ancient repository. Remember kids, assume makes an @$$ out of you and me.
          why would the ancients build a torture device??
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            why would the ancients build a torture device??
            Interrogate prisioners
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Interrogate prisioners
              but why would you need it at all. the ship is just there to follow the seeder ship right?? the ancients hadn't seeded that area of the universe yet.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                but why would you need it at all. the ship is just there to follow the seeder ship right?? the ancients hadn't seeded that area of the universe yet.
                That is what it is now but you have to remember the Ancients were going to take control of sometime. And every ship has to face the possiibility you may get prisioners
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The Chair on Destiny is a combination of the the Head-sucker and the Brain-sucker(the chair at Atlantis). They were later cut in half.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                  X