The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    Well, in Prometheus Unbound (spoilers for Prometheus Unbound and It's Good to Be King contained here
    I'll get back to you once I've seen "It's Good to be King."
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      I'll get back to you once I've seen "It's Good to be King."
      I haven't seen it yet either, but I know some info about it because someone posted a spoiler in a Topic Title.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
        Yes but yours lacks all the anti Genii commentary mine does, and really thats the important thing

Actually the episode wasnt bad, I think im just Genii'd out. TPTB are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with the Genii as a threat. Its just that this season has had WAY too many episodes with them and not nearly enough episodes with the Ancients & Wraith.
        Just a fly in the ointment rather than a real threat... I think TPTB are keeping all the good stuff close to the chest and will divvy them out a little at a time to keep us hooked.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          Oooh... wait... Isn't that the episode with Maybourne and Wayne Brady?

... I'm not really looking forward to that episode really... Not as much as other episodes... It so cannot top The Brotherhood
          Actually, depending on your point of view, "It's Good To Be King" does top "The Brotherhood", at least in some respects.
          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
            Actually, depending on your point of view, "It's Good To Be King" does top "The Brotherhood", at least in some respects.
            Well, okay, I'm gonna watch it later and tell ya what I think in the thread for the episode (maybe)...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I just love this show!

I'll start with the things that were a bit puzzling and/or felt a little out of place, since the rest of my post will probably be dedicated to as much praize as I can give without getting TOO exuberant about it. Probably.

- McKay's reaction to Sheppard, Teyla and Ford's laughing at the beginning felt a bit overdone in terms of the writing. I seriously doubt that they would need to be reminded of how important the ZPM is to them. They know this already.

- I also felt that Kolya didn't act as angry and as thirsty for revenge towards Sheppard and McKay as I would have expected, considering the events that took place in The Eye. Of course, he wasn't all heart either, considering he was more than willing to sacrifice the four of them, to get his hands on the ZPM. Still, I'm sure we've not seen the last of him, and that next time he shows up, he may skip over the banter all together and go directly for the kill. (No spoilers, just speculation on my part ).

So. The banter. Gotta love that.

Rodney's "My eyes? I need my eyes for seeing!" and the MENSA thing, in particular, was very amusing. Both JF and DH have such great comical timing together. They really are so much fun to watch.

Zelenka was a joy in this episode as well. His reactions to New Guy Whose Name I Don't Yet Know But Whom I Nonetheless Like, were pretty funny. Even funnier still, when knowing what those lines translates into (thanks veneticuss ).

I liked the special effects in this one a lot, too. The murky skies and the Wraith ships in the opener; and the Wraith dart flying over the city. Pretty nice.

The fact that we lost Markham was surprising and made the threat all the more realistic. I'm of the firm belief that Atlantis is a much (well, relatively) darker show than SG-1 and I believe we've only scratched the surface on what kind of impact this darker element will have on the characters as the show moves into the next season. And the one after that. And so on.

I did not mind one bit that they didn't end up with the ZPM. The twist with Alina was a welcome one; and a nice detour from the predictable storyline of "everything will work out fine here, just you wait and see". I LIKE that things aren't all tied up neatly in a bow by episode's end.
              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Say cheese!

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                of 'The Brotherhood'

Another new Atlantis ep, another newly-located ZPM escaping the grasp of our heroes. Dang it, I thought they'd actually maybe get it this time. I think "ARGH!" is the appropriate word. Hopefully, they'll get to keep one soon... If this particular storyline gets dragged out much longer, I'll go nuts.

Kolya's back! That's cool because he's now the only established bad guy who has an actual history with almost every one of our heroes, so everyone has learned from previous experience what to expect. Or so they think. Or something. I dunno, I'm kinda tired from work.

Cowabunga! Some random notes...
                - We lost a jumper! Oh, the outrage!
                - If I heard and remember correctly, one of the guys killed by the Wraith scout was a minor recurring character.
                - Three hive ships approaching Atlantis, eh? I guess this is where things start to build towards an end-of-season climax... (Actually, I suppose it really started last episode with the gate adresses for planets with ZPM's on them, which was carried over into this one.)
                - Bates and Zelenka and Beckett! Recurring characters galore! Oh, and Kolya too, I guess...
                - So what's happened to Zora? They mentioned her, but about the only thing we can conclude based on that piece of dialogue was that she hasn't been returned to the Genii.
                - So Sheppard made it a point to let Kolya live. Wonder if that will come back to bite him in the ass? Or will Kolya feel even the least bit grateful? Or will Kolya be in too much hot water with his boss now for it to matter?
                - I'm all for respecting the locals on the planets the teams visit and everything, but why they didn't get to keep the ZPM was just ridiculous. "Sorry, we're keeping it and hiding it from you, even though we have no use for it ourselves. Why? Just because."
                - I fully expect the Czech folks around here to tell us what Zelenka was saying...
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  - I fully expect the Czech folks around here to tell us what Zelenka was saying...
                  *pssst* Piggy, here's a link for you.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7375
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                    *pssst* Piggy, here's a link for you.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7375
                    Thank you. That will teach me to post before reading after having been away for several days...
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Mmmm....wraith dart and puddle jumpers flying through the city.....

I can't believe they didn't get their ZPM. Oh well! You think the Ancients would leave some spare batteries IN Atlantis. Bah!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        That scene really gives a better sense of the scale of Atlantis, doesn't it?

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio

I can't believe they didn't get their ZPM. Oh well! You think the Ancients would leave some spare batteries IN Atlantis. Bah!
                          Nah, the Ancients couldn't have done that.

It would have just made it far too easy if they did

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

RECURRING CHARACTERS! Yeah! There is nothing I love more! For once I actually saw the episode on time instead of about a year later thanks to newly intstalled cable TV. And that bad word I am not allowed to say here... .

Bates is growing on me definitely. A lot of Zelenka! Him telling off that tech guy at the start for drinking stuff by the Ancients systems! Hee! And talking to Weir with the 'you are the loop' thing. That was very sweet. I think we got a glipse of Stackhouse too. The only bad thing on the minor character front is that MARKHAM DIED! Why did they have to kill him off, he was really cute! *end shallow moment*

Yes, I have spent more time talking about minor characters than the actual main story... Well, that was good too. Scratch that. It was REALLY good. I think this has become my favourite. The MENSA thing, very funny.

Only fault is that Kolya didn't die, dammit! As long as we don't see the Genii again for a long time, I don't mind, but so soon - my hatred of him is distracting me from the story.

This is possibly the biggest post I've ever written and some how I managed to avoid talking about the main characters completely. Huh.
                            ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              Noooooooo!!! Markham died! MARKHAM!!!
                              I met Joseph May doesn't even know they killed his character. And a Puddle Jumper too, they lost a Jumper! I wish Beckett got to blow that ship out of the sky, rather than it blowing up itself
                              Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              Markham was one of the few characters that we were kinda-sorta-a-little-bit getting familiar with and they killed him! I'm aching for a few more guest stars (like Siler, Harriman, Dr. Lee, etc.) that we can learn to love, instead of seeing different people everyday. I'm pretty sure Grodin and Zelenka are safe since they add the international flavor, but I sure hope that they don't kill Bates or Stackhouse!
                              I am still hoping against hope that he bailed out, fell into the drink and he's floating somewhere in the Atlantean ocean supported by a driftwood or swimming towards the mainland...
                              I believe in miracles...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Rather nice episode - it got me really exciting for the final episodes
                                What surprised me most was Koyla - he didn't annoy me at all - which I wouldn't have expected because usually I dislike anything that has got to do anything with the Genii - well maybe it's just the Colm Meaney character (though I like Colm as an actor )

And yeah, it was great to have all these minor characters back - loved the Czech quote

Comment

Working...
                                X