• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brotherhood (116)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 116

The team searches for a valuable Zero Point Module rumored to be hidden on the planet Dagan -- but their new allies have motives of their own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:43 PM.

Yep, a nice pretty official one will be forthcoming, but, in the mean time, please use this one to discuss the recent episode The Brotherhood
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It aired already? Damn, I meant to go to bed before it finished, now I'll be up all night!

Comment

1x16 - The Brotherhood

Mini - Summery:

Once upon a time there was a priesthood of 15 brothers. They were given a great gift by their gods (aka a zpm from the Ancients). The brotherhood was wiped out during a previous wraith culling and the location of the zpm was lost.

The episode is basically Shep and the gangs attempt to locate the zpm. Along the way the (god I hope the wraith kill them soon, I hate these guys) Genii get involved. We learn that the psycho genii sergeant from 1x10-11(The Eye and The Storm) is still alive, and he leads some rebellious genii to get the zpm.

Along the way there is the typical Genii/Atlantean bickering etc and as usual the Atlanteans win (cause the Genii suck), however the big twist is...

In the end it turns out the woman who has been flirting with Rodney the entire episode is actually the new head priest of the brotherhood, she then betrays the shep gang and steals back the zpm. She states it will be placed back in hiding onto another world.

During this episode we also learn the Wraith have sent a scout ship towards Atlantis.

The episode ends when we learn (drum roll please): Three wraith hive vessles are on a heading towards Atlantis and they will arrive within 2 weeks (or in Canada time 3 weeks).

The moral of the episode:

1)The Genii really do suck, and need to be written out. I mean come on, inleast the Tollan were interesting, the Genii just suck.

2) Wraith darts should not be allowed close enough to scan Atlantis

3) Oh in case you missed it - I think the Atlanteans need to direct the wraith directly to the Genii homeworld. Really.... Then we wouldnt have to sit through any more Genii episodes... I mean they are like little annoying mosquitos argghhh ENOUGH already!!
        Last edited by TOA; 03 January 2005, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Well, this is what happened:

Flashback 10,000 years ago on this planet... These two old guys are talking about hiding something (a ZPM) and saying that if the Brotherhood falls, no one will know where it is. Meanwhile, you can hear a bunch of Wraith darts going around their big city. They go outside, get beamed up.

Onto now, Rodney, John, Aiden, and Teyla are on the planet which looks really beat up. They're trying to find a ZPM because they know it's there somewhere because it's one of the addresses that the other Weir gave to them in Before I Sleep.

So on stuff happens (my dad was on the phone with my aunty, didn't really hear what was happening).

They have these three little stones that are like a pieces of a puzzle. Rodney comes up with a search grid, they split up (Rodney, Elena [local], and some other local [didn't catch her name] all go together). John, Teyla and Ford go in another team.

Each team finds stones, and now they have eight.

Meanwhile on Atlantis, some guy screwed something up and Zelanka is trying to fix it, the guy accidently does something, turns out he activated these 'deep space censors'.

Meanwhile somewhere else, Koyla (sp?) is around doing some training with some other Genii, they know about what Sheppard and the gang are doing, plan to get ZPM. They show up on the planet and follow the gang.

Rodney and the gang can't find the 9th (and final) stone, they instead find some underground cavern which has a little pedastool for putting the stones on, they're missing the middle one. They figure that the symbols on them line-up to be a gate address to where the ninth one is located.

Ford, being left outside to guard, gets darted and a little beat up by Koyla and his gang. Koyla yells threats down to the team, Rodney offers to help them find the 9th stone, Koyla tells the others to stay down in the cavern. Rodney and Elena go up to find it.

Meanwhile on Atlantis, Zelenka finds out that there's a Wraith dart on it's way over to Atlantis. Will be there in about 27 minutes. Big 'oh crap' look from Weir.

Rodney and Koyla and everyone try to dial the gate, get no where. Elena comes up with an idea that it's not actually a gate address, but kind of a map. They go back to the temple where they were before, notice symbols on the outside of the map, line 'em up, have a location.

Rodney figures out that the 9th stone isn't in that location, but behind the map. He finds it, they go back to the cavern where John and Teyla and Ford try to plan escape. Teyla has a knife, Ford has some flash grenades.

Meanwhile on Atlantis, they're deploying puddle-jumpers with Beckett getting to fly one of them. "I'm a doctor, not a pilot!" They're up and away.

The Wraith dart shows up, shoots down a puddle-jumper (not the Beckett one), scans the city, the other two jumpers follow it, the dart self-destructs.

Rodney and Elena and Koyla and all are back down in the cavern. Rodney puts the things on there, was explaining something to Koyla, Koyla basically tells him to stop stalling, some Genii guy puts in the last stone, puts his hands in the little 'hand panels', and dies.

Rodney and John try to arrange the stones differently, John realizes that since it's the Brotherhood of the 15, that you gotta arrange the number stones so all sides equal 15, he puts his hands down on there, the ZPM pops out of the wall thingy.

Ford sets off the flash grenades, Teyla starts stabbing Genii, they take control, Koyla is sitting and not happy, Rodney complains about his hearing and eyes (funny ).

Koyla says that John should just shoot him now, John says he's right, but doesn't, they go off into the sunset, Elena gets her homies to get the ZPM from them because they started their own 'New Brotherhood' and they need to hide it again, Rodney is hurt (because Elena had a crush on him that John and the gang had to point out to him).

They go back to Atlantis empty handed, Weir explains to them what happend while they were gone, Zelenka figures that the Wraith dart sent back information to a ship (no really?), he figures out where, figures out there are 3 Wraith hive ships on there way here, will be here in 2 weeks.

'Oh crap' looks all around.

I really enjoyed that episode

Ha! Mine isn't a mini-summary! My summary rocks!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

This episode rocked!!!!!!! Getting better and better these episodes are!
            sigpic
            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
              This episode rocked!!!!!!! Getting better and better these episodes are!
              I don't know why it rocked, but it did!

It was so simple and... cool.

I really like the Genii.

When Koyla showed up on the planet with his homies doing the big walk in the forest I said: "Oh yeah, no one is gonna notice him."

And my mom started humming the Darth Vader music

That guy that accidently activated the 'deep space censors' was really cute in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty

I really enjoyed that episode

Ha! Mine isn't a mini-summary! My summary rocks!

Yes but yours lacks all the anti Genii commentary mine does, and really thats the important thing

Actually the episode wasnt bad, I think im just Genii'd out. TPTB are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with the Genii as a threat. Its just that this season has had WAY too many episodes with them and not nearly enough episodes with the Ancients & Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                  Yes but yours lacks all the anti Genii commentary mine does, and really thats the important thing

Actually the episode wasnt bad, I think im just Genii'd out. TPTB are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with the Genii as a threat. Its just that this season has had WAY too many episodes with them and not nearly enough episodes with the Ancients & Wraith.
                  Aww... I like the Genii! They're cool!

Koyla rocks!

They've been in 4 episodes out of 16...

Now in SG-1 I'm getting sick of the Trust and NID. They're annoying me.

My hands are really cold from typing all that. I was typing really fast here. I ran downstairs after it was over, got the thing to stop recording to the computer, got to the forums, and started typing while it was still fresh in my mind.

Comment

I don't know why it rocked, but it did!

It was so simple and... cool.

I really like the Genii.

When Koyla showed up on the planet with his homies doing the big walk in the forest I said: "Oh yeah, no one is gonna notice him."

And my mom started humming the Darth Vader music
                    I agree with the simple coolness... For some odd reason, I thought I was watching Idiana Jones

The vader thing works
                    sigpic
                    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Now in SG-1 I'm getting sick of the Trust and NID. They're annoying me.
                      Now that we agree on

Bring back the Nox!!! (I miss them....)

I gotta say that while the next couple of episodes dont look too promising (you never know though "letters" looks like it might be interesting). The last two (The Siege) look like they are gonna ROCK!!!

Now if they could just get the Ancient from Sanctuary as a regular.....

Comment

This episode did totally rock. Rodney was just so... GLAAAAH *dies*. Hehe.

Something tells me the season finale two parter is gonna kick so much ass!

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
                        || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
                        || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                          Now that we agree on

I gotta say that while the next couple of episodes dont look too promising (you never know though "letters" looks like it might be interesting). The last two (The Siege) look like they are gonna ROCK!!!

I like the Nox, but they aren't as great as other races and characters that we've met over the years...

Isn't Letters From Pegasus supposed to be a clip episode or something?

The Gift is supposed to be about Teyla and learning more about her 'gift' of being able to sense the Wraith.

I SO can't wait for The Siege!

*dances*

Gonna be awesome!

Also, I forgot to mention to add:

I didn't like the episode Sanctuary. The only episode of this show so far that I didn't like. I didn't really see the whole thing of the Ancient having the hots for John the only reason to come to Atlantis an interesting thing. Blah, boring and quite silly (but not in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                            Now that we agree on

"The Siege" will most likely, hell it WILL beat out "Lost City" as my favourite season finale!

From the action we saw in this episode... muahahah
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
                              This episode did totally rock. Rodney was just so... GLAAAAH *dies*. Hehe.

Something tells me the season finale two parter is gonna kick so much ass!
                              Oh yeah, most definately!

Rodney rocks, more and more. I love how he was so serious about finding the ZPM at the beginning while John, Teyla, and Ford were all joking around. He's awesome

The last episodes are gonna rock just like the other episodes!

Comment

Working...
                              X