Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Season 2 discussion thread (spoilers)

I couldn't think of a good way to split this discussion off from the monstrous "Everything" thread...so I guess this will do. We can start a new one for season 3

So....to kick things off, here's the season's episode titles:

2.01 -- Holocron Heist
    2.02 -- Cargo of Doom
    2.03 -- Children of the Force
    2.04 -- Senate Spy
    2.05 -- Landing at Point Rain
    2.06 -- Weapons Factory
    2.07 -- Legacy of Terror
    2.08 -- Brain Invaders
    2.09 -- Grevious Intrigue
    2.10 -- The Deserter
    2.11 -- Lightsaber Lost
    2.12 -- The Mandalore Plot
    2.13 -- Voyage of Temptation
    2.14 -- Duchess of Mandalore
    2.15 -- Senate Murders
    2.16 -- Cat and Mouse
    2.17 -- Bounty Hunters
    2.18 -- The Zillo Beast
    2.19 -- The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    2.20 -- Death Drap
    2.21 -- R2 Come Home
    2.22 -- Lethal Trackdown

Overall so far? I don't think it's been as strong as season 1. It had some really good episodes, but none that were really out of the park in the way that a few season 1 episodes were.

ALSO: According to SkyMovies, episodes 18-22 will all be world premieres on their channel, so it seems that Cartoon Network is not going to overtake them after all.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Default Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Season 2 discussion thread (spoilers)

Whoo for the UK getting to watch the rest of the season before the US, that instantly makes season two better than season one. I am liking season two, but I still barely remember anything from the earlier episodes. There is just something about these episodes that are forgettable after you go a few weeks.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This show continues to be a very entertaining escape for 30 minutes on Friday night.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

It's aired in the UK without any adverts, so it's annoying because once it ends, we're left for about 10 minutes trying to find something else to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    It's aired in the UK without any adverts, so it's annoying because once it ends, we're left for about 10 minutes trying to find something else to watch.
    lol....cry some more, there's nothing more aggravating than commercials breaking up an episode
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    lol....cry some more, there's nothing more aggravating than commercials breaking up an episode
    I will actually. It's annoying watching an episode for a few minutes then knowing you have to watch the last 15-20 minutes while dying for a piss.

Go before the episode

Chief Master Sergeant iloveteyla's Avatar

I watched last weeks about the farmers being under siege from bandits and it was exactly the same story as the film The magnificent seven that i watched the night before and that film was made in 1957

wow, i've been off for a while and didn't notice that StarWars got a nice forum for itself.

loving Season 2 so far, sad that there are only four eppys left.

That episode was the definition of awesome . It was so amazing and a great lesson, you cannot expect to be at peace if you are not willing to fight for it yourself. There was a great episode of Andromeda like this but this one was so much better. Though it was odd that the Jedi cared about the Pirates so much, though in the end that was the point of it I guess, especially with Obi Wan and the female bounty hunter. Loved the bit with the tank

Oh and the Boba commercial was awesome

Four eps left

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Foley View Post
    That episode was the definition of awesome . It was so amazing and a great lesson, you cannot expect to be at peace if you are not willing to fight for it yourself. There was a great episode of Andromeda like this but this one was so much better. Though it was odd that the Jedi cared about the Pirates so much, though in the end that was the point of it I guess, especially with Obi Wan and the female bounty hunter. Loved the bit with the tank

Four eps left
    Indeed it was. I really look forward to that episode.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Has anyone else seen the new episode, aired yesterday in the UK? The starring Jedi were Mace and Skywalker.

I just got done watching "The Zillo Beast". Felt kind of short, had a few laughs. It's definitely going to look fantastic on BD.

Spoiler:
    I did a major *facepalm* when they said they were taking the creature to Coruscant though lol

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Indeed it was. I really look forward to that episode.
    What I am confused about though, the voice over, was that supposed to be Windu?

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I will actually. It's annoying watching an episode for a few minutes then knowing you have to watch the last 15-20 minutes while dying for a piss.
    It's a trade off....

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I just got done watching "The Zillo Beast". Felt kind of short, had a few laughs. It's definitely going to look fantastic on BD.

Spoiler:
    I did a major *facepalm* when they said they were taking the creature to Coruscant though lol
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I have the feeling we'll get a Godzilla episode soon, with the beast climbing up the Jedi temple holding Padme.

I loved the look of the episode, having it dark but seeing the bright lightsabers and the green liquid. I also loved R2 in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Col.Foley View Post

Four eps left
    Hondo: You know what I always say, speak softly and drive a big tank

Quote Originally Posted by iloveteyla
    I watched last weeks about the farmers being under siege from bandits and it was exactly the same story as the film The magnificent seven that i watched the night before and that film was made in 1957
    It was an homage to Akira Kurosawa, as stated prior to the prologue.

This weeks new episode is carrying on from the last one. I had the choice of doing shopping and missing Star Wars, or doing shopping and missing Doctor Who. I picked to miss Star Wars so need to catch it tomorrow.

2.19 "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back"
    Spoiler:
    An interesting story. I quite like that the first half of the episode was essentially about the moral qualms of animal testing. I was also really very intrigued at Anakin's support of Palpatine's arguments.

Then, as we all expected, it turned into a godzilla story (complete with 'planes' buzzing around the beast). Very impressive VFX though. I always love seeing Coruscant, so to see more of it and have a whole bunch of it get smashed is really very cool. I especially liked that there were shots of people falling to their doom and the one royal guard getting pancaked--totally not a kid's cartoon.

I don't like the voice actor they have doing Mace Windu though, particularly in this episode. The delivery of the line "how can it be a plan if it's improvised?" was really painful. It sounded like someone was trying to make a very concerted effort to sound 'street'.

On the audio topic: did anyone else thing that the musical scoring of this episode was brilliant? Best so far, by far IMO.

Really though, in the history of 'astonishingly bad ideas', bringing the Zillo Beast to Coruscant has to rank pretty damn near the top lol

Oh, and R2's magnet/suction cup moment was hilarious