hive gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
    I don't get why they didn't just send a nuke through once they found out the gate was inside the hive. Sending a team to sabotage it is a recipe for disaster. If they didn't have any nukes they could have gotten one from the alpha site.
    At least i'm not the only one wondering this each time I see the episode. Not sure about the alpha site but I'm sure mcKay could have found sth powerful enough to blow up and damage the ship equally. A naquadah generator would do for example IMO.
    From what I found on wiki (not reliable I know), a naquadah generator blowing up should release the equivalent of at least 20Kt, thats the same power as the bomb that leveled nagasaki during ww2. And even if all it did was seriously cripple the ship and not destroy it completely.. Isn't that a better plan than sending a 4 man team in?
    Moreover, my guess is they didn't leave the Daedalus behind considering how crippled it was, it's most probably docked on one of the peers like it did during the siege (complete assumption! it could be flying back on its own power) which has a full armory of Naquadah (possibly even Naquadriah) enhanced warheads to send through that wormhole. and then we are talking Mt if not more. The highest available to the tauri so at least as much as Sheppard brought to the party.

Comment

Working...
    X