X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Looking for Writers and Designers!

We are officially back on track!

And because of that, we're now actively looking for both writers and designers to join the staff for Season Five, which will start production in May (right after Season Four has wrapped). We're looking to add at least three new strong writers to the mix, and several designers, both concept artists and CG designers.

If you're interested, please send an email to [email protected]. Include some of your previous experience, as well as a sample of your work. If you're a writer, the sample should be ideally be in script format (perhaps an episode of another virtual series).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I'm already in as a Creative Consult, right? And if I am... I still hope my name will be added to the website or in another way it will be visible that I have helped with Season Five. I don't just want to be some faceless consult in the shadows.

Comment

Everyone's name will be on the website and in the credits at the end of the scripts.

Comment

Damn. I would so like to have a shot at this, but I'm busy working on the short film my class is making. First day of shooting is tomorrow, and I'll be directing. Then there's also my work on the "bible" of the family drama show I hope to be creating and working on at some point after I've finished my education. However, I will be reading the episodes. Just you try and stop me!
        Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 30 March 2010, 11:33 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Hm, sounds like something I might enjoy doing. I'm going to read some of this series to get a style/tone, then I'll look at my schedual and see if I'm available for some episodes.

When is the cut off date to apply?
          sigpic
          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
            Hm, sounds like something I might enjoy doing. I'm going to read some of this series to get a style/tone, then I'll look at my schedual and see if I'm available for some episodes.

You do know Horizon is written in script form, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
              You do know Horizon is written in script form, right?
              Yep. I've written several scripts, and was considering doing SG: Ult in script form, but I felt prose worked better for it.
              sigpic
              Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                Damn. I would so like to have a shot at this, but I'm busy working on the short film my class is making. First day of shooting is tomorrow, and I'll be directing. Then there's also my work on the "bible" of the family drama show I hope to be creating and working on at some point after I've finished my education. However, I will be reading the episodes. Just you try and stop me!
                That's great. Congratulations on the short film!

If your schedule does free up at some point and you'd still like to, let me know. That one thing I can say is that working on this series is a great learning experience for anyone who plans to eventually work in television and film (which includes me), since the writing process is exactly the same as it is on any series. It certainly has been and continues to be a great learning experience for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post

There's no cut off date. Basically it'll just be however long it takes for us to be fully staffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post

If your schedule does free up at some point and you'd still like to, let me know. That one thing I can say is that working on this series is a great learning experience for anyone who plans to eventually work in television and film (which includes me), since the writing process is exactly the same as it is on any series. It certainly has been and continues to be a great learning experience for me.
                    I too want to work with film and television-series eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post

Thanks. I had a lot of fun directing today, although we weren't able to do as much as I'd like to have done by the end of the day. Things are getting a little stressful as we need to be done filming the thing by the middle of May, so we'll have time to do post-production work before the screening in June. And we only have a limited number of days when we can film because two of my teachers are currently filming a feature film in a town nearby.

Tell you what. I'll get back to you in a month or two, because I suspect that things will have calmed down by then. If I'm not able to write for season 5, there's always season 6. You were going to do a sixth and final season, right? I already have some ideas for episodes, but first I need to catch up on a lot of Horizon episodes that I haven't read yet.

I can certainly see why something such as Horizon would be a very good learning experience, and working on a virtual series is something which is very appealing to me. One of the things that I find most appealing is that the only limit is my imagination. If I want to have a huge space battle, I can write in a huge space battle, while when I work on the short film I have to keep in mind that the budget is virtually non-existent.
                      Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 31 March 2010, 02:25 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am interested in this. I think it has alot of potential to become a new show if MGM ever gets around to producing it. I would love to contribute my writing toward it.
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                          Tell you what. I'll get back to you in a month or two, because I suspect that things will have calmed down by then. If I'm not able to write for season 5, there's always season 6. You were going to do a sixth and final season, right?
                          Sounds good. And yes, the plan is to do a sixth and final season, but the number of episodes will be less. The reason is that the idea is to wrap up all of the writing on the series in pretty much exactly a year from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                            I am interested in this. I think it has alot of potential to become a new show if MGM ever gets around to producing it. I would love to contribute my writing toward it.
                            Sounds great. Be sure to send an email with a writing sample to the address above. Thanks!

Comment

Typically i do prose, but i'm intrigued, are you looking for a writer for full episodes or creative consultation or characterization?

What about actual storylines? are those already done or do they need to be worked out as well?
                              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Working...
                              X