Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want a storyboard...to write the script from? Usually the opposite way round
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      You want a storyboard...to write the script from? Usually the opposite way round
      Shrug, which is why it's amusing In the end i have no experience writing scripts so i doubt it'll come to fruition.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Do you write prose? Best way to learn script writing is to read plenty of scripts.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Do you write prose? Best way to learn script writing is to read plenty of scripts.
          Yeah i write prose, i've got my own series going as well as individual fanfics.

Hmm... well i've read scripts and know the basics just from looking at it, but i'd seriously need to know the characters in order to do them any justice.
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
            Yeah i write prose, i've got my own series going as well as individual fanfics.

Hmm... well i've read scripts and know the basics just from looking at it, but i'd seriously need to know the characters in order to do them any justice.
            You would definitely have to be familiar with the characters in order to write for them. But that's something you can pick up on from reading some of the episodes, just like if you'd watch a show on TV.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hi guys, I’m a 3d animator and I like to think I’m an alright writer (wrote a 50 pg screenplay and choreographed epic sword fight and vis FX scenes but with limited funds it fell on its face lol). I’m looking for something to do part time as a hobby and I would love to animate some of the Stargate Horizon novels. Do you guys have a team for this or someone working on animating your show? If so please let me know by PM or what have you. Please note that I am not a 3d Modeller im an animator (there is a difference.)
              sigpic

Comment

few years to late
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'd try PMing or emailing Alex. I'm sure he'd love the help if he's still working on SGH.
                  sigpic

Comment

Still looking for writers?

Comment

Hey Vincent,

Definitely, we're still looking for writers. We can use all the help we can get here.

Do you still have the url to the writers' message boards? If not, let me know so that I can send it to you.
                      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

New computer and everything, so I don't have any of the relevant links any more. Is it still the one that was used before? If so I'll just have to get my password back and it will be simple.

Comment

Still looking for help with writing? While I have no experience with script form, I would be glad to help out any way I can.

EDIT: I just realized that, as I am in the process of moving, I can't give you anything on a reliable schedule. However, I would be happy to give occasional help on a sporadic basis.
                          Last edited by Schrodinger's Cat; 17 February 2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: Updating posted information.
                          Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

This bump has me interested; while I don't remember much Stargate, I have been writing scripts for quite some time and if there's anything I can do to help on the writing end, I'm in.
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

I am not a "script" writer really but I am a writer so I can help there. More importantly I have several years of military experience (Air Force Special Operations Command) both deployed and home station. I could serve as a military adviser, technical adviser or whatever else. I am also a pretty good editor so if you want to run things by me I would be happy to grind out the tedious stuff to make a shinny script.
                              "AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM"

Comment

I'm awriter. My specialties are biology and history.
                                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                                X