This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    Typically i do prose, but i'm intrigued, are you looking for a writer for full episodes or creative consultation or characterization?
    We're looking for some more writers to write full episodes.

What about actual storylines? are those already done or do they need to be worked out as well?
    There's always room for new ideas. But moreso than in past seasons, there is a general storyline/mythology that is already planned and leading up to the ending of the series.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I want to remind everyone of this thread. We're especially trying to find some designers. If there's anyone out there who can do concept drawings or even CG designs and you like Stargate, then you might want to consider replying.

It would add a lot to the experience to have some pictures to go with the episodes, but we can only do that if we find some artists.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        I want to remind everyone of this thread. We're especially trying to find some designers. If there's anyone out there who can do concept drawings or even CG designs and you like Stargate, then you might want to consider replying.
        It would add a lot to the experience to have some pictures to go with the episodes, but we can only do that if we find some artists.
        considered and done...

also i am somewhat intrigued to what sort of CG you are intrested in?
        and i thought Nhall was your lead CG artist?

you can see some of my work here (it's basicly my portfolio.)
        http://alxshipyards.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          considered and done...

also i am somewhat intrigued to what sort of CG you are intrested in?
          and i thought Nhall was your lead CG artist?

you can see some of my work here (it's basicly my portfolio.)
          http://alxshipyards.deviantart.com/
          Thanks for the link, it looks great!

Nhall is still also onboard, but he's not available really on a regular basis. We're trying to find someone who could be around a little bit more and create designs for some of the episodes.

Comment

My name is Jay Wilson and I was a writer on the old boards, can i re-join?

Comment

You wrote Collision, if I remember rightly? That was fantastic!

How are you with writers, Alex?
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Vexacus View Post
                My name is Jay Wilson and I was a writer on the old boards, can i re-join?
                Great to hear from you!

Of course you can rejoin, I think it would be great to have you back! We're still using the same writers' forum that we had when you were onboard. Let me know if you have trouble logging in.
                Last edited by Alex Rubit; 20 May 2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  How are you with writers, Alex?
                  Still looking for more writers. It's just Colin and myself right now. But I'm also going to see if we can get some previous writers to return for Season Five, which would be great.

Comment

You wrote Collision, if I remember rightly? That was fantastic!
                    My apologies, it was In Purgatory's Shadow which was awesome too!
                    sigpic

Comment

My apologies, it was In Purgatory's Shadow which was awesome too!
                      That was Joe Hodkiss.

Jay did two episodes in Season Four; "Prophet's Rising" and "Sins Past".

Comment

Good lord, I'm just gotta shut up.
                        sigpic

Comment

We have pretty much exactly a year now until the series will wrap. More on that later, and also look for an announcement soon about how exactly the remainder of the series will be broken down into two shorter seasons which will be released between October and June of 2011 when the series finale will air.

So -- if you've always wanted to write an episode for the show, this might be one of your last opportunities. So let us know asap. Once we get to a certain number of writers, we'll be no longer accepting further applications. So now is your chance.

Comment

How short are we talking here? Like 12 - 13 episodes per season or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              How short are we talking here? Like 12 - 13 episodes per season or what?
                              Actually... that's not really up to date anymore either.

It's looking more like we'll actually be able to tell the same story over the course of one season, which means Season Five will be the final season of the show. But it will be a regular length season and back on a regular schedule. There'll be an official announcement on the site about this pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                                Actually... that's not really up to date anymore either.

It's looking more like we'll actually be able to tell the same story over the course of one season, which means Season Five will be the final season of the show. But it will be a regular length season and back on a regular schedule. There'll be an official announcement on the site about this pretty soon.
                                I'd be willing to write one, but i know next to nothing about the series itself. Never was a fan of reading scripts. I'd be willing to give it a try though i'd need a storyboard and a beta who knows the story and characters better than I.
                                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Working...
                                X