Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't there a section for the original Stargate movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't there a section for the original Stargate movie?

Why no Stargate sub-forum? It's where the franchise kicked off from and even though many aspects don't fit with the canon of the show it introduced Ra and his species as the antagonists, later to be named the Goa'uld.
    Meh.

Seconded. There should definitely be a sub-forum IMO.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      Why no Stargate sub-forum? It's where the franchise kicked off from and even though many aspects don't fit with the canon of the show it introduced Ra and his species as the antagonists, later to be named the Goa'uld.
      I just look at it as the original Film being its own canon and the SG-1 series/etc. being its own canon.
      I'll explain more in detail in another thread.

Comment

There aren't enough threads made about it to warrant a folder of it's own.

Comment

Unless you count the 'Re-make with SG-1 actors', 'Ra is an Asgard!' and 'O'Neil/O'Neill and other differences' threads

But there is already a 'Stargate Movies' subforum which seems like the logical place to keep those kind of threads anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            There aren't enough threads made about it to warrant a folder of it's own.
            I'd say that if there were a sub-forum it would stimulate discussion of the original movie. It is basically the heritage of Stargate
            Meh.

Comment

I feel like it shares the role of 'heritage of Stargate' alongside COTG, but I do sort of agree. COTG just brought so much into what would become some wonderful long-term alignment that the original film was missing that it seems fair to consider both of them the birthplace of the franchise.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I suggested this idea once in the 'suggesions' forum (along with a bunch of other people I was told). Apparently Darren doesn't think it's a good idea, or he just doesn't want one. I would think it would be a good idea though.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

If there isn't any need for a sub-forum for the original movie (which there should be really), I am still curious as to why there isn't a sub-forum for Children of the Gods. I know it was originally two episodes, but its a DVD film now too.
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                    Seconded. There should definitely be a sub-forum IMO.
                    third
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                      If there isn't any need for a sub-forum for the original movie (which there should be really), I am still curious as to why there isn't a sub-forum for Children of the Gods. I know it was originally two episodes, but its a DVD film now too.
                      Well the original cut can be discussed in the season 1 sub-forum, maybe an extra thread should be made for the re-cut?
                      Meh.

Comment

Really, I think it should have its own section altogether, in The Gate Room, rather than here in Stargate Movies. It's the reason we have this great storyline in the first place after all! Does anyone else agree?

Comment

I don't see why not.

Comment

I find it surprising that there isn't one. Oh well. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Byakuya Truelight View Post
                              I find it surprising that there isn't one. Oh well. =/
                              The same reason thier are very little threads on the older SG1 episodes. Thier isn't much activity on it. An original Stargate movie folder would just be extra clutter.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X