This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science Labs

Well as Destiny is a deep space science vessel, I am expecting the crew to start finding some research labs on the ship as they begin to explore, so what kind of Ancient labs do you think they will find and what kind of Ancient equipment will be in them?
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

The Destiny's a science vessel? And here I was, thinking its primary role was exploration...

Comment

i would assume they have science labs, we just havent seen very much. most of the ship would be somewhat empty as the ancients wouldnt have bothered putting stuff on their if they didnt plan on going there till later on

it would be like sending destiny out back in the 80's with all the tech we had and going there now, the tech we have now shadows that of the 80's, im assuming their isnt very much stuff on board

Comment

Depends on what you mean with science labs? No? They'd find some sort of research labs to examine things they've found on the planets being explored, but I don't think they'll find labs like on Atlantis. Also, the labs probably aren't equipped, as the Ancients would probably brought things like that with them when they would have visited the Destiny.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          i would assume they have science labs, we just havent seen very much. most of the ship would be somewhat empty as the ancients wouldnt have bothered putting stuff on their if they didnt plan on going there till later on

it would be like sending destiny out back in the 80's with all the tech we had and going there now, the tech we have now shadows that of the 80's, im assuming their isnt very much stuff on board
          Its still possible that the ancient planned to go on the Destiny much earlier but things turned out differently.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            Its still possible that the ancient planned to go on the Destiny much earlier but things turned out differently.
            well yes, but they would have planned on it within a year or so otherwise they woudl have jumped on when it launched.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              Depends on what you mean with science labs? No? They'd find some sort of research labs to examine things they've found on the planets being explored, but I don't think they'll find labs like on Atlantis. Also, the labs probably aren't equipped, as the Ancients would probably brought things like that with them when they would have visited the Destiny.
              That is kinda what I meant, labs where the Ancients could analyse Organisms or samples found on the seeded planets , rather than Labs like Ascension or Nanite research labs found in Atlantis. As for the Equipment yes the Ancients could have planned on bringing that sort of stuff with them, but I was wondering if any research equipment could have already been put in place,( like the kinos are already in place) and what use this could be to the crew in the future. I guess we will have to wait a while as most of the ship is inaccessible.That is kinda what I meant, labs where the Ancients can anyalise Organisums or what
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
                That is kinda what I meant, labs where the Ancients could analyse Organisms or samples found on the seeded planets , rather than Labs like Ascension or Nanite research labs found in Atlantis. As for the Equipment yes the Ancients could have planned on bringing that sort of stuff with them, but I was wondering if any research equipment could have already been put in place,( like the kinos are already in place) and what use this could be to the crew in the future. I guess we will have to wait a while as most of the ship is inaccessible.That is kinda what I meant, labs where the Ancients can anyalise Organisums or what
                Yeah, but didn't they find things like that already? I mean "the sweet potato" and the other Kinosode with the flavors, don't they shows us things like science labs with material. Most material is probably what they brought with them, as I guess the Ancient materials are either in the crates or would have been brought with when the Ancients dialed in to Destiny. That's my guess.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

the expedition team brought with them: microscopes, beakers and flasks, pipettes, droppers, and several chemicals but i would assume that destiny has some larger scientific equipment that they had on board but like i said they wouldnt have bothered stocking destiny if they planned to gate their in a few years when i twas further out.

Comment

more equipment ... like the ancient crates. gotta be somethin' science-y in those.
                    ....Its what I do!

Comment

I'm thinking there will definitely be science labs of a couple different varieties on the Destiny. Some may already be fully equipped, some partially, some not at all. But there will probably be all kinds of science-y stuffs in the ancient crates, it's just finding the right ones if they aren't labelled.
                      The current crew will probably be cautious about opening crates for a while though, seeing as though they have no idea what the ancients might have deemed "safe" to store, especially with their habit of leaving potentially dangerous items all over the place.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X