Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join me on my journey through the Expanse & Beyond!Spoilers Ent First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join me on my journey through the Expanse & Beyond!Spoilers Ent First watch/Rewatch

As you may or not be aware from the "What episode/movie did you watch..." thread, I'm on my first time watch of Star Trek Enterprise!

Last night I piled Exile, The Shipment & Twilight into one. 78 spheres?! Watching Earth get blasted into dust and the Enterprise destroyed! When Archer suggested that they were being used to actually create the expanse was quite a twist, indeed.

It was all too much for me to handle, but I'm certainly getting pulled in more and more to the Xindi storyline the more it unfolds, which can only be a good thing.

Next Episode: North Star
    Initial Impressions: Sound strange and a bit lacking compared to the last few episodes. But I'll find out soon enough and T'Pol on a horse could be interesting!

I loved the Xindi storyline on ENT and I'm glad your seeing it for the very first time. . Twilight was one of my all-time favorites because we actually got to see Trip commanding the ship!

Believe me you won't be disappointed by the buildup of the story. By the time you get to the final 6-8 episodes you'll go .

p.s. I liked North Star too. Glenn Morshower guest starring as Sheriff MacReady was awesome to watch, especially the line, "You were being a horse's ass."
    sigpic

Comment

I also loved the Xinda arc. In fact, I'd say that it was some of the best ST episodes I had seen since the Dominion war arc on DS9. And then ENT got cancelled one season after it had become truly awesome.

I enjoyed North Star as well. I'm not exactly sure why, but I really like to go back and rewatch it.
      sigpic

Comment

About to head off to watch North Star, my expectations have risen since earlier today

Comment

The Xindi arc was when things started looking up for Enterprise.

Except for the monster truck-sized plot hole that started it.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

North Star was one of the weakest episodes in S3 for me, along with Exile and Doctor's Orders.

As for the 'monster truck-sized plot hole', Digi... I assume you mean the probe attack on Earth. *sigh* They terraformed and moved on. There's a remembrance day for the lost that we've never heard of, much like how Federation Day or First Contact Day came out of nowhere. Either way, the attack obviously was part of the 'real' timeline already since
            Spoiler:
            Riker and Troi're
            still there.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Mmmmmmk, I won't say North Star was bad, but I think the story became a bit of a cliche.

People meet people
              People meet slaves
              People attack people
              People free slaves

The fact that the Humans themselves were the original slaves however was a redeemable value.

Next Episode: Similtude
              First Impressions: A clone trip & another moral dilemma for Phlox? Okay I'll bite, I'm not one to miss experiments going horribly wrong either.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                I also loved the Xinda arc. In fact, I'd say that it was some of the best ST episodes I had seen since the Dominion war arc on DS9. And then ENT got cancelled one season after it had become truly awesome.

I enjoyed North Star as well. I'm not exactly sure why, but I really like to go back and rewatch it.
                I was definitely reminded of the Dominion War when I originally watched the Xindi conflict unfold and resolve. I actually thought to myself, "This is what Voyager should have been like when it was on the air." The mini-arcs in Season 4 were also good. The Vulcan Reformation was my personal favorite for that season.

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                Mmmmmmk, I won't say North Star was bad, but I think the story became a bit of a cliche.

People meet people
                People meet slaves
                People attack people
                People free slaves

The fact that the Humans themselves were the original slaves however was a redeemable value.

Next Episode: Similtude
                First Impressions: A clone trip & another moral dilemma for Phlox? Okay I'll bite, I'm not one to miss experiments going horribly wrong either.
                I personally liked Similitude. I personally thought the moral dilemma was well-presented and showed Archer starting to go further and further down a slippery slope that would test him to a breaking point later in the season. It was moving to me in that they really didn't have a choice with Sim. If they didn't do it, their mission in the Expanse wouldn't have succeeded.

P.S. I was hoping that they'd follow up North Star a bit in Season 4 or 5 (if it was ever produced). But oh well...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  As for the 'monster truck-sized plot hole', Digi... I assume you mean the probe attack on Earth.
                  Half-right.

More specifically, the probe attack made no sense either. If you're in the process of secretly building the Death Star with the intention of destroying one single target, you don't send the prototype superlaser at the target, you test fire it on another planet or moon or asteroid or something. You don't give the intended target a giant neon flashing *WARNING, MORE TO COME!* sign.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Half-right.

More specifically, the probe attack made no sense either. If you're in the process of secretly building the Death Star with the intention of destroying one single target, you don't send the prototype superlaser at the target, you test fire it on another planet or moon or asteroid or something. You don't give the intended target a giant neon flashing *WARNING, MORE TO COME!* sign.
                    I agree that it is a tactical error, but perhaps the error more to that is that the Xindi underestimated humanity. Maybe they didn't think that earth could mount a defence or retaliate before they sent the real one to finish the job, So they figured well if we are going to test it lets get rid of some humans that are there at the same time. I think it's a plausible theory, and must stress the word THEORY.

Comment

Half-right.

Given how belligerent the Insectoids and Reptilians were, I got the feeling that they probably insisted on a test of the prototype, regardless of how tactically wise it was. The Insectoids in "The Xindi" were certainly rash and eager enough to reveal their presence and get rid of the Enterprise, regardless of the Xindi Council's decisions. Given their obvious technological superiority to Earth, I think any Xindi ship (with the exception of Degra's) would have been a match for the Enterprise.

Jannar (the Arboreal), Degra and I believe the Aquatics were not willing to reveal the Xindi's presence and so they remained hidden. But like Starrtom, this is all theory and supposition as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Half-right.
                        Without Future Guy directing Archer to the Xindi, Earth would have had no idea who attacked them... although genetic evidence from the pilot's reptilian corpse might be of some help... long after Earth was destroyed. It might have been unwise to send the probe, but it's not like Earth had the capability of defending against the Death Star. The Vulcans offered help in, what, retrieving the wreckage of the probe? They weren't going to help defend Earth. It might have been a case of the Sphere Builders telling the Xindi to go ahead and send the probe, the humans won't be able to defend against the Super Weapon even with a year's advance warning.
                        Oh no. I'm fan-wanking again.
                        It was kinda dumb to give them warning, even if Earth couldn't realistically have done anything to stop The Big One.
                        Last edited by nx01a; 23 March 2010, 09:42 PM.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Darn, I fell asleep during Similtude last night. Wasn't the episode's fault, I was enjoying it until my body decided to say no. Will continue later

Comment

Funny. Trip1 fell asleep during it, too. Oh, wait. No. That was a coma.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The rest of Similtude was nice, albeit marred in sadness. Watched a bit of Carpenter's Street aswell, loving it already

"I believe you have forgotton to engage your external lighting."

and woop, Daniels!

Comment

Working...
                              X