This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Atlantis rise even further?

I'm just wondering if one day in the future, the SGA team will find enough ZPM's to actually fly the city off the planet. Obviously it won't happen for a long time, but it would be a really good way to give the show a new dimension in the coming years.

It would be really interesting for them to try and fly the city back to Earth, only to be chased by the Wraith.

If it happens in the next 2 or 3 seasons then the show may go in new direction but if it doesn't then I think when the show ends it is likely to happen which is long way away.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It would probably cost a helluva lot of money on cgi.....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

The only thing is, the "hunt for ZPM's" could get immensly boring if it continues for 8 years.

And yeah it probably would cost a lot of money, but they could just not pay Ford for that episode. lol

Comment

Originally posted by somme
          The only thing is, the "hunt for ZPM's" could get immensly boring if it continues for 8 years.

And yeah it probably would cost a lot of money, but they could just not pay Ford for that episode. lol
          Awww...poor Ford.....everyone's picking on him...

Maybe they'll at least let Atlantis fly to another planet and then settle down again.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
          ~CELLO!~
          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I'd quite like to see it in orbit for a season, or maybe flying deeper into space.

Comment

It would make a nice season 2 ender: Being forced to retreat from a Wraith Attack, flying the city into the void between galaxies.

Great cliffhanger ending: A hyperspace window opens up, Atlantis soars out, but there are no stars around.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by somme

ATL-Season Two
                Spoiler:
                The hunt for ZPMs will not last forever. Regular (although possibly intermintent) contact will be established with this season (season two) and all future seasons.
                Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 03 January 2005, 04:03 PM.
                Rocky

Comment

part of me really wants to read that spoiler, but I don't wanna ruin the end of the season.

Comment

It only takes 3 ZPM's to power the whole city. However, the thruster system required to move the city could be inoperable, or require a power source greater than ZPM's to function. Then again, McKay could probably Mcgyver a power transformer of some sort to raise the power output of a ZPM, too. Moving the city is something that probably won't happen at all. But it's not outside the realm of possibility, however.

Maybe a solution to this issue is for the SGA team to find a power source greater than a ZPM, and somehow integrate that into the Atlantis power system. It would allow the team the possiblity to go home, too.

Comment

except for escaping from an attack, i dont see the point of bringing atlantis to outer space. and i agree with jack o'neill, that a flying city is just weird. even for the people who built the stargates. aren't they happy with where they are?
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                        except for escaping from an attack, i dont see the point of bringing atlantis to outer space. and i agree with jack o'neill, that a flying city is just weird. even for the people who built the stargates. aren't they happy with where they are?
                        I can see them doing it during an attack, or if they found out that an attack was impending. Or maybe if they somehow found a nearby planet with more power or wraith protection or something else that they need and they could "fly" there. What would be the use of doing it otherwise? It would just use unnecessary power.
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

My opinion of Atlantis is that it is a multi-purpose construct. It can act as a Harbor, City, Spaceport/ Starbase and Weapons Platform. While only needed to preform one function at a time, I think it was built to do a wide range of tasks.
                          I know the analogy is far inferior but, say you have a graden. Istead of having X number of tools to keep it tidy, watered, weeded, etc. Make one tool that would do all those tasks easily.
                          Again, bad analogy, but its all I could come up with at 11:30pm.

In makes sence in my mind anyways. Then again, thats a dangerous place.

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                            It would probably cost a helluva lot of money on cgi.....

Not necessarily. they've already got the model finished and likely have particle emmiters attatched to it so they don't have to spend time totally re-doing it every time they do a re-render. Definately shouldn't cost as much as the initial creation of the model. but then by that point it might start to look fake and they'll probably make a new model. changing it ever so slowly so as time passes we don't notice it until we compare an ep from season 1 and season 5.

Lots of shows have done that.

Comment

I've always through that Atlantis is pretty much the Ancient/Lantean (Ya that's right I called them Lantean!!!) version of a MotherShip. Those "peirs" were probably docks for warships. The warships likely held puddle jumpers.

Originally posted by AtlantisRising
                              My opinion of Atlantis is that it is a multi-purpose construct. It can act as a Harbor, City, Spaceport/ Starbase and Weapons Platform. While only needed to preform one function at a time, I think it was built to do a wide range of tasks.
                              I know the analogy is far inferior but, say you have a graden. Istead of having X number of tools to keep it tidy, watered, weeded, etc. Make one tool that would do all those tasks easily.
                              Again, bad analogy, but its all I could come up with at 11:30pm.

In makes sence in my mind anyways. Then again, thats a dangerous place.

Comment

Working...
                              X