X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The villain in the season 9 (SPOILERS)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR SEASONS 8 AND 9

"Season Nine will have a new beginning with a new enemy," Wright said. "I think once you've seen the end of Season Eight you'll understand why we're doing that."

Wright revealed the arrival of a new enemy in the season 9. But who is he ? Is he a new very powerful Goa'uld ? Is he an old enemy we already saw one or two times (the Aschen or some ET beings like those in "Foothold" (3x14) or those in "Grace" (7x13) for example) ? Or is he an enemy we have never seen ? Does this new enemy look like humanoid beings or not ? How will he be introduced to us ?
    Wright's announcement underlines an important aspect for the season 9. This new season seems to be a new start for Stargate SG-1.

What do you think about that ?

I have a feeling that
    Spoiler:
    the team are going to do something, while in the past at the end of this season, which will wipe out or change the Goa'uld in some way (I have no info to support this in any way, I just have a feeling in my waters that it's going to happen).

So a new villan would be needed for S9.

We will have to wait and see.

But speculating is fun.
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      If the Goa'uld are going to lose their dominance at the end of season eight, the whole series should end as well. It won't be the same show without the Goa'uld threat. I'm sorry to repeat myself but they should really consider a spin-off. Or do they just want to make Stargate SG-1 the longest sci-fi series ever?

Comment

id already talked bout this with another person, but it would cost too much just to make a new spin off-so theyre basically restarting sg1.

when ur watching it, just think of it as a spin off!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think it would be cool if the new enemy was the Furlings. Maybe they were devastated in a war a long time ago, and they've been slowly rebuilding their power base up until now. Then they strike out into the galaxy in an attempt to regain all the portions of their old empire. But after almost being annihilated, they're no longer the nice little carebears they used to be. Now they're bad mofo's who don't care about making peace with anyone or entering into any new All Mighty Alliances.
          MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by .Ra.
            Or do they just want to make Stargate SG-1 the longest sci-fi series ever?
            Yes, probably.
            Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
              Yes, probably.
              Which is impossible, because they will never find a way to pass Dr Who.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

**SPOILER*** Giant multi-colored monkeys are the new enemy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                  **SPOILER*** Giant multi-colored monkeys are the new enemy!!!
                  No, it's giant evil Strawberry ships that fire Whipped-cream weapons that turn everybody into Jaffa cakes.
                  Which are then eaten by evil lawyers who intend to sue the galaxy into oblivion...
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                    LOL true... they could say longest run canadian made scifi... which is what they were going for.
                    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Aither
                      Wright revealed the arrival of a new enemy in the season 9. But who is he ? Is he a new very powerful Goa'uld ? Is he an old enemy we already saw one or two times (the Aschen or some ET beings like those in "Foothold" (3x14) or those in "Grace" (7x13) for example) ? Or is he an enemy we have never seen ? Does this new enemy look like humanoid beings or not ? How will he be introduced to us ?
                      I'd actually like the idea of it being the Aschen, because it seems they'd be wanting to go into all-out war at this point. But even if they're one of the enemies, it's probably more likely we'll be getting a new goa'uld as an enemy, because this whole "new enemy" was the same thing they commented on prior to season 8, and the new enemies were basically Fifth and Baal. I don't think they're going to alienate the audience that much by inventing something completely new out of the blue. Though, the aliens from Grace would make for a nice follow-up as well, since we never really learned who they were. But who I don't think are likely to be the new enemy are the Foothold aliens nor Retu, who'd have made return appearances by this point if they were really popular enough; still, since they're from another galaxy anyway, it'd be fun if a reference to the Foothold aliens were made in some episode of Atlantis.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

hmm i like the idea of aschen, theyd make some interesting enemies!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by .Ra.
                          It won't be the same show without the Goa'uld threat.
                          That was mainly just speculation, so I don't think you needed the spoiler tag.

Anyway, that's not really true; what would make it not the same show is if they started using the Prometheus to travel everywhere instead of the Stargate, and were following the adventures of the ship's crew instead of SG-1. A new direction does not necessitate a new spin-off, especially not one that'd be too much like the original to stand out on its own; and plus it'd be better to have the adventures of familiar characters continue in this familiar part of the universe anyway, since the goings-on in the Milky Way are rooted in SG-1's tale anyway. Because the anchor of the show is the Stargate itself, they very well could've defeated the goa'uld and brought in a new enemy long ago (maybe w/ the replicators as a replacement instead of co-existing, for instance), but they stuck w/ the goa'uld since they decided to have those guys represent the ancient deities of our world's myths; and ancient mythology is another key point of the show as well, so even if the new enemy isn't goa'uld, it could still have a tie to the ancient days of Earth, in which case that aspect of the show would be maintained. And there's lots left to choose from; maybe we'll learn where Zeus has been all this time, or the "banshees" could make an appearance.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                            Well, to be fair, no American series -- American as in "from the Americas" instead of U.S. in this case, since the show technically comes out of Canada, even though the U.S. gets the credit -- will ever surpass that (not even The Simpsons, God willing) since the production schedules are just too different; American shows really don't stop for several years and then start up again, unless it's in the form of a spinoff (Star Trek) or remake (Battlestar Galactica). What I'm curious of is how many episodes total did Dr. Who have, because there's differences between America and the UK in that regard too.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

I think that the writers and producers are in a bind. Just a new Goa'uld is NOT going to cut it.

However, they can't just make an alien race out of the blue, or even use one of the already existing aliens like the Retu, because that would leave one half of the Stargate plot magic out of the formula:

STARGATE IS ABOUT THE FUTURE AND ABOUT THE PAST.

The Goa'uld are part of the magic, the original magic, because they tie in to the Egyptian Deities. The Asgard fit the formula too, because they are the archetypes for the Norse Gods (though Supreme Commander Thor doesn't really live up to his tempestuous representation the way, say, Apophis lived up to his). Even the ancients tie into ancient earth history, being the original latin speakers and telling their tales to the ancient Greeks and Romans about Atlantis.

Coming up with a new enemy that ties into earth history is the key. The Egyptian, Norse, and Greek pantheons are already explained, as are some of the Babylonian, Celtic, and Chinese myths and legends. We've even had American Indians in space with stand ins for various Great Spirits. What does that leave?

Demons and Devils? (maybe... then again maybe not)
                              Djinn? (Genies, Marids, and the like... lamp-dwellers - sounds bad to me)
                              Space Druids (that sounds DREADFUL)

And I'm outta ideas...

Anyone else think of any good ancient myths or history that could be turned into a decent "new" adversary for SG-1?

Comment

Working...
                              X