99 Problems (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 Problems (517)

MICHAEL SHANKS (“STARGATE SG-1,” “SMALLVILLE”) GUEST STARS AS A HUNTER — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are outnumbered by demons, but are saved at the last minute by Rob (guest star Michael Shanks) and his townspeople, who are aware of the Apocalypse, and have been training to fight and kill demons. The small town is very religious and Sam and Dean meet Pastor Gideon (guest star Larry Poindexter), who introduces them to his daughter Leah (guest star Kayla Mae Maloney.), whom he claims is a prophet. Leah tells the townspeople they must obey her orders if they want a spot in Heaven but when she starts turning the townspeople against each other in the name of the Lord, the brothers realize they must kill her. Charles Beeson directed the episode written by Julie Siege
    Post Viewing Discussion Only

Really good one tonight. Things are really starting to happen now, as we approach the season finale. That ending left me dumbfounded.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"You have reached the voice mail of I don't understand, why do I have to say my name ?"

This would make an awesome voice mail for anyone lol

Comment

Thats odd, in my area the CW aired a baseball game instead of this.

Comment

Hungover Cas was just plain hilarious, but a bit sad too. Poor thing just doesn't know how to cope and I guess he went the Dean way with drinking, an entire liquor store.

The ending, I did not see that coming. Lisa seemed just a throwaway character and then boom! Just...wait... I need to process this. I'm just puzzled, but I guess that's what Kripke does best, throw in tiny little things at the beginning that come back full force later on seemingly out the left field.
          sigpic
          Awesome sig by Laura
          "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
          Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Hey, it's Daniel Jackson! Hehe, I didn't recognise him at first, but then when I did, laughter ensued.

Poor Cas. Slowly but surely turning into the stoner guy we met in The End. Poor Sam, who is really kinda trying to keep things together but failing miserably. And poor Dean, who's one step away from saying yes.

Christ this show is depressing lately always.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

really good one

I hope they concentrate on Sam and Luci next
              it's about time for Sam to go through something significant

Comment

I liked this episode, but didn't love it...until the last 5 minutes.

What I liked:

-The cold opening. We have no idea what the boys had gotten into that left Sam bloody and the two of them pushing the Impala's engine so hard. But that was kinda cool. Right into the action.

-Nice part for Michael Shanks. I was really happy with how they used him. 1) It was a part that fit seemlessly into the Supernatural story. So, people who are fans of SG-1 can say, "Hey! Daniel!! " and those who don't know him, aren't saying, "Why is this guy getting so much face time?" Nope, he was just there to do his job as one of many guest stars of the week. And 2) I LOVED that he was finally playing a good (albeit misguided) character. It seems like every guest spot he takes these days, he's a bad guy. Much as I love the Michael, I think he plays good better than bad.

-The storyline with the false prophet was different. Useful that Castiel can list all the prophets of the top of his head. See, Cas? You're still useful! Drunk cas was fun, if a little growly.

-Liked the preacher, and that even though it was his 'daughter', he was willing to speak up when things started to go off the rails.

-Dean's despondency. A little extreme, but it is reasonable I suppose after the last episode. What I enjoyed about this, though, was Sam's fervent committment to the cause. He is still fighting for all he's worth and doing his best to hold Dean up as well. With him trying so hard, I find it sad that everyone is still picking on him about his past choices. Like when Castiel so casually said, "Not you. Or me. And Sam's an abomination."....even though I thought Misha's delivery of that line was hilarious!!

-Dean being the one to kill The Whore. Nice that he could find that in himself. And nice that Sam could read just how much this might be saying about Dean's present state of mind.

And this brings us to the point of the episode that blew me away. I LOVE this twist of Dean running off to sell his soul to Michael. I was hoping that they would do something like this. Have us spend so much time worrying about Sam, and then have Dean be the one who gives in. (of course we won't know EXACTLY what Dean is planning until next week's ep, but still...)

Lisa. I don't know why I forget about her. Other threads have talked about the pros and cons of having a love interest for the boys, and most (myself included) seem to feel that no female has really been a good match for Dean. But when I saw Lisa, I was happy. Like I said, I forget about her, but I REALLY like her and Dean together. I could get behind that scenario if they go the 'happily ever after' route when the show wraps up.

I thought the scene between them played out really nicely. I was happy they didn't go the soap opera route and have her involved with someone else. Or have her no longer interested in Dean. And the other thing that gets me on board the Dean-Lisa (Disa? ) Train is the fact that she could read him so well and was so desperate to stop him. Great great emotion in this scene and what an unexpected way to end it. If I hadn't seen the actress' name in the credits (darn it!), this would have been a complete surprise.

Yep. Before the last five minutes of this episode, I would have rated it maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10, but the last bit gets an 11!

Comment

Excellent recap as usual, Crichiel! I agree with everything you say, and some things got clearer in my head after reading it.

What I would like to add is the irony of both Sam and Cas getting wasted while Dean did not drink a drop as far as I could tell in this episode.

Also, I was glad that the Enokian (sp?) exorcism was a fake. I would have been really mad at Cas if he had not taught the boys this short version - much as I love to hear Dean spout Latin. And his translation was hilarious. 'Actually, it means... You breed with the mouth of a goat.* (cue blank looks from Sam and Dean) 'It's funnier in Enokian.'

One thing I was just waiting for at the end was for Lisa to tell Dean that Ben is his son after all. I've been rooting for this to be true for a long time. Which means - OMG (spoiler for next week's ep)
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe the alternate vessel isn't Adam after all but Ben?!?! But then we're supposed to see a character we'd thought was 'dead for good', and Ben is very much alive right now and playing softball.

I can't wait to see how next week's ep will play out. I'm also curious what other 'conditions' Dean is going to request in exchange for letting Michael use him as an 'Angel condom'.

sigpic
                  Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I enjoyed the ep. Not as good as last week's but still interesting and entertaining.

Nice twist with the girl not being a profit and thus a tool to damn people to hell.

I hated that I was spoiled with the "THEN" intro about Lisa making an appearance. If she's included, then she'll obviously be in this episode somewhere. So the ending wasn't so surprising as to where Dean drove off to.... I always liked Lisa as well as the thought of her and Dean together so nice way to incorporate her into the story again.

I've been expecting Dean to break at some point. It was just a matter of when. We are getting close to the end so the time has apparently come.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                    With him trying so hard, I find it sad that everyone is still picking on him about his past choices. Like when Castiel so casually said, "Not you. Or me. And Sam's an abomination."....even though I thought Misha's delivery of that line was hilarious!!
                    I love Cas, but he has very little tact and tells you flat out what he's thinking. If you've ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, he's like Anya...not used to conversing like people normally do as she used to be a 1000 yr old demon. She'd blurt out stuff no matter how inappropriate even if it was the truth. So since it's Cas saying that, I don't mind, and hopefully Sam doesn't either.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I really enjoyed the ep and agree with everything that's been said except the last five minutes.

For me I was totally surprised by the Lisa visit and not in a good way. Where on earth did that come from! There's been nothing to suggest that the boy and Lisa meant so much to Dean that it would trigger him to do that thing we now think he's going to do. So apart from the lovely acting from Jensen there...I didn't like it.

Maybe if he they had had the boy being Dean's son and Dean had admitted that he knew all along that he was his I would have bought it. But I felt that Dean was using this sudden 'love' revelation of his as an excuse for what he is about to do.

So I ended up feeling disappointed with him.
                      sigpic

Comment

There is so much to say to this episode but I'll re-watch it first. So just my 2 cents to the last five minutes: when Dean ran away and was driving through the night my only wish was "don't let this episode end right now" I guess I even said that loud. "Don't let it end here".

Up to that point I had totally forgotten that Lisa was in the THEN-part and since I didn't recognize the actresses name I didn't expect her to show. I had no clue where Dean was driving, I was so surprised and that made this part even more intense. I really loved that Lisa showed up again and I'd really love for Dean to be happy with her, though I am sure that that just won't happen.
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

For me I was totally surprised by the Lisa visit and not in a good way. Where on earth did that come from! There's been nothing to suggest that the boy and Lisa meant so much to Dean.
                          I thought it made sense because we saw in Dream a Little Dream of Me that even months after he saw her, in Dean's mind, Lisa was his dream girl.

Comment

can someone please refresh my memory about that episode

is the kid Dean's son or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                              can someone please refresh my memory about that episode

is the kid Dean's son or not?
                              From what we know, no, Ben isn't Dean's son.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X