Season 1 chronology and the B5 Wikia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1 chronology and the B5 Wikia

So I was tooling around on the Babylon 5 Wikia and came across something a little odd....their chronological order and dating of the episodes totally re-arranges the season 1 episode order.

I was wondering, what do you all think of this?

Spoiler:
    Feb 2258 -- 1.01 "Midnight on the Firing Line"
    Mar 02 2258 -- 1.02 "Soul Hunter"
    Mar 08 2258 -- 1.04 "Infection"
    Mar 22-24 2258 -- 1.03 "Born to the Purple"
    Mar 30-Apr 03 2258 -- 1.05 "The Parliament of Dreams"
    Apr 24-26 2258 -- 1.06 "Mind War"
    Apr 03-07 2258 -- 1.07 "The War Prayer"
    Apr 11-13 2258 -- 1.08 "And the Sky Full of Stars"
    May 2258 -- 1.12 "By Any Means Necessary"
    June 2258 -- 1.09 "Deathwalker"
    June 2258 -- 1.10 "Believers"
    June 2258 -- 1.11 "Survivors"
    June 2258 -- 1.18 "A Voice in the Wilderness, Part 1"
    June 2258 -- 1.19 "A Voice in the Wilderness, Part 2"
    July 2258 -- 1.20 "Babylon Squared"
    July 2258 -- 1.17 "Legacies"
    July 2258 -- 1.15 "Grail"
    Aug 03-05 2258 -- 1.13 "Signs and Portents"
    Aug 2258 -- 1.14 "TKO"
    Sept 2258 -- 1.16 "Eyes"
    Sept 2258 -- 1.21 "The Quality of Mercy"
    Dec 30/58 - Jan 01/59 -- 1.22 "Chrysalis"

They also move "The Long Dark" up to immediately prior to "The Coming of Shadows" in season 2, as well as moving "Day of the Dead" up to between "A View from the Gallery" and "Learning Curve" in season 5.

I suppose, ultimately, they doesn't make a ton of difference. I did find it a little odd though.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

It's WIki... Unless it's quoted from jms don't believe it.

Have you been to The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5? Crazy detail. Back in the day people used to print it out and put it in binders.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

Have you been to The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5? Crazy detail. Back in the day people used to print it out and put it in binders.
      Wikia but...well, yeah

I just thought it was a little odd that they've got them laid out like that. The B5 Wikia is usually pretty decent
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't know about binders, but that site remains the Be All and End All of B5 info!
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I am not sure why the episodes would be rearranged? I've looked over them, and the only thing I can think up, is that they were ordered in production rather than air order. Maybe the episodes gave a date in them, but I doubt it as it's not Star Trek.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the Lurker's Guide is incredible. It's about as canon as the show itself considering that jms himself contributed quite a bit into those details. Wiki's are sometimes a lot of supposition and fan theory. The Lurker's Guide is not.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X