Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the CGI budget in season 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behind the trees, just as the car.

it's a car. i didn't believe it, but in a short video, the movement CLEARLY shows it's a car.

unless you've seen fast-moving branches lately

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      I love SGU - it's blatantly a car.
      It's blatantly a car driving past. I can't tell if you're on a wind up, desperately trying to defend what you perceive to be an attack on the show, or have bad eyesight, but you're definitely wrong, and it's definitely a car.

Trust me when you see it in motion it's very obvious.
      Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      what do you think it is then? a very fast running moose?

it's a car. i didn't believe it, but in a short video, the movement CLEARLY shows it's a car.

VINDICATION!!! and by those who usually disagree with me! *looks upward for incoming meteor!* Sorry davis my friend, it's a car...you can see it move along the road.

Comment

Apparently you don't realize the camera is moving in the shot too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis
          Mind pointing out the road for me. Lol.. you have to dig so deep to nag at SGU don't you.

Also you failed to quote Flying Officer Bennet.
          well bennet didn't agree and so no vindication from him ...babe SGU digs it's own holes...quite amusingly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            well bennet didn't agree and so no vindication from him ...babe SGU digs it's own holes...quite amusingly so.
            HAHA.. no you make up these holes in your mind.. Along with the imaginary road...

No really.. not trying to be pesky.. but if you can show me the road.. I might actually believe you have found SGUs first and only flaw.
            sigpic

Comment

Regardless of Rac80's motives (and I don't doubt she's probably trolling) it was still a car, you're making yourself look silly by continuing to claim that it wasn't.

Comment

Regardless of Rac80's motives (and I don't doubt she's probably trolling) it was still a car, you're making yourself look silly by continuing to claim that it wasn't.
                Ok.... I forfeit.. im not trying to convince anyone otherwise.. im just actually asking if im missing the road.. cause I can't see any sign of it.. Maybe I should just take this to PM..

Anyways back on topic.. what happen to the CGI in season 5?
                sigpic

Comment

Without seeing the actual clip...

I do have to wonder where the road supposedly is...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

ANYWAY I think the CGI budget for season 5 was spent instead on Ronon's awful wig.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Without seeing the actual clip...

I do have to wonder where the road supposedly is...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ621txp0AQ

05:06

Not the best resolution, but you can still tell there I think.

Comment

I don't troll...but then you are the trolling expert.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        ANYWAY I think the CGI budget for season 5 was spent instead on Ronon's awful wig.
                        OMG that dead octopus. that moldy dead octopus! and those asgard suits (which were reused in sgu too...)
                        Last edited by Rac80; 11 July 2010, 06:20 PM. Reason: typo queen strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          I don't troll...but then you are the trolling expert.
                          Those two statements seem to be at odds with each other.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ621txp0AQ

05:06

Not the best resolution, but you can still tell there I think.
                            Thanks! And I'm sorry, but that's a piece of grass.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

you know what? i think this is a case of "we can't really tell what it is and our brain fills it in as we see fit"

Comment

Perhaps they used up their entire budget for The Daedalus Variations, because the VFX in that episode were downright amazing; almost as good as SGU's effects. I don't remember the effects being bad in the rest of season five though. But then I haven't seen any of it, besides TDV, since it aired.

Comment

Working...
                                X