No announcement yet.

Ab Aeterno (609)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would Titus (mib) try and manipulate someone jacob brought to the island? Doesn't seem very smart. Maybe it was his first attempt at killing jacob? which brings up a few more questions. Titus said Jacob stole his body. Should we believe this? could Jacobs body be inhabited by his enemy? maybe. Its only 1867 here. Ancient hieroglyphs are much older so how old are these two? have they been battling for very long at ths time because it doesn't seem so. This leads me to think things are much bigger than even them.

If Titus gets off the island, the glass breaks, and the wine gets out. I think Jacob was able to go anyhwhere before he died and Titus was limited to the island, like a prison, until he was able to re-tip the scale his way.
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      why do i have the idea, in the finale, one of them will get the answer and it'll be 'ok, i get to pick the setting next time' and they'll leave it with the two of them accepting the outcome and just moving onto the next experiment.
      I wouldn't think so.. Usually bets like that don't come down to killing the better (person who bets; Idk if this is actually a word) that is opposite you. Plus it seems like MIB thinks that Jacob is really dead. Although I do think we know now that a bet of some sort was/is involved. Jacob said something about thinking that all humans have some good in them and MIB thinks that all humans are basically evil.

The thing we do know is that somehow Jacob was keeping MIB on the island and now MIB is free to leave the island if he can find a way off, as long as one of the candidates doesn't take Jacob's place. Anything past that is an assumption or inference I think.

So- some of my thoughts/inferences/questions-
      -If MIB/the smoke monster were to get off the island, he would terrorize the world, as he did/does to people that lived/live on the island.
      -Jacob's basic purpose for living seemed to be to keep MIB on the island to keep him from terrorizing the world.
      -It seems as though MIB NEEDS to stay on the island at the moment, even though he says he wants to leave. I can only think that he's going to try to get the candidates to kill each other off because he can't do it directly.
      -Or, another thought.. Maybe he can't leave the island until Jacob AND all the candidates are dead? I mean, he can take the appearance of the smoke monster- Why not just float off the island if he wanted to leave now if only Jacob was in his way from leaving?

Other Unanswered Questions-
      -WHY are Jacob and MIB on the island in the first place?
      -Where did MIB come from that Jacob needs to watch over him and keep him bottled up?
      -Where did Jacob come from?
      -What kind of 'credentials' or powers does Jacob have that can allow him to keep MIB on the island?
      -What ARE Jacob and MIB?
      -Why were the candidates picked as they were?
      -How does the Anubis mythology come into play?

These are the questions I expect to be answered in some form over this part of the season. I've got others from earlier in the series that probably won't ever be answered (where the frick did polar bears come from on the island? Whatever happened to walt? Where did the 'others' come from? How did the Dharma initiative find the island in the first place if it flashes through space periodically? etc.)

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts...

EDIT- ^Why'd you call MIB Titus? Was his name given out and I was never told (which has happened before, lol)? Or are you giving away spoilers in a spoiler-free zone?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
        I wouldn't think so.. Usually bets like that don't come down to killing the better (person who bets; Idk if this is actually a word) that is opposite you. Plus it seems like MIB thinks that Jacob is really dead. Although I do think we know now that a bet of some sort was/is involved. Jacob said something about thinking that all humans have some good in them and MIB thinks that all humans are basically evil.

The thing we do know is that somehow Jacob was keeping MIB on the island and now MIB is free to leave the island if he can find a way off, as long as one of the candidates doesn't take Jacob's place. Anything past that is an assumption or inference I think.

So- some of my thoughts/inferences/questions-
        -If MIB/the smoke monster were to get off the island, he would terrorize the world, as he did/does to people that lived/live on the island.
        -Jacob's basic purpose for living seemed to be to keep MIB on the island to keep him from terrorizing the world.
        -It seems as though MIB NEEDS to stay on the island at the moment, even though he says he wants to leave. I can only think that he's going to try to get the candidates to kill each other off because he can't do it directly.
        -Or, another thought.. Maybe he can't leave the island until Jacob AND all the candidates are dead? I mean, he can take the appearance of the smoke monster- Why not just float off the island if he wanted to leave now if only Jacob was in his way from leaving?

Other Unanswered Questions-
        -WHY are Jacob and MIB on the island in the first place?
        -Where did MIB come from that Jacob needs to watch over him and keep him bottled up?
        -Where did Jacob come from?
        -What kind of 'credentials' or powers does Jacob have that can allow him to keep MIB on the island?
        -What ARE Jacob and MIB?
        -Why were the candidates picked as they were?
        -How does the Anubis mythology come into play?

These are the questions I expect to be answered in some form over this part of the season. I've got others from earlier in the series that probably won't ever be answered (where the frick did polar bears come from on the island? Whatever happened to walt? Where did the 'others' come from? How did the Dharma initiative find the island in the first place if it flashes through space periodically? etc.)

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts...

EDIT- ^Why'd you call MIB Titus? Was his name given out and I was never told (which has happened before, lol)? Or are you giving away spoilers in a spoiler-free zone?
        Titus Welliver, the actor who played the MIB in this episode and the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
          Why would Titus (mib) try and manipulate someone jacob brought to the island? Doesn't seem very smart. Maybe it was his first attempt at killing jacob? which brings up a few more questions. Titus said Jacob stole his body. Should we believe this? could Jacobs body be inhabited by his enemy? maybe. Its only 1867 here. Ancient hieroglyphs are much older so how old are these two? have they been battling for very long at ths time because it doesn't seem so. This leads me to think things are much bigger than even them.

If Titus gets off the island, the glass breaks, and the wine gets out. I think Jacob was able to go anyhwhere before he died and Titus was limited to the island, like a prison, until he was able to re-tip the scale his way.
          I'd say atleast 2,000 years old. I think most of the questions you asked will likely be answered in episode 15.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
            Titus Welliver, the actor who played the MIB in this episode and the incident.
            Ohhhh, gotcha. Makes sense.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

the commercials tonight during LOST sucked big green donkeys! unbearable,, deserves me right for not waiting to watch it after putting it on DVR, I think they broke a record for comercias this go-round,, and they truly sucked fast and furious!
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

We now know the purpose of the island - to contain the ultimate evil from the world.A very informative episode.

Also, I just thought I would invite everyone to my blog which covers LOST news, offers trivia, trailer/sneek peeks and descriptions of upcoming episodes and a discussion guide to weekly episodes, along with much more. Feel free to comment.

Here is the link -http://abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com/2009/01/19/lost-season-current-information/

Thanks.
                Abbas Karimjee
                www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  The MIB is the Devil himself I would say but what is Jacob ? Is he an Arch Angel like Michael / Gabriel or something like that ?
                  I just watched this episode last night and I'm thinking as you are here also. The devil sure wants to get out of prison, not sure it is hell, but wow was this episode mind blowing. Ya-hoooo! I must be the only Lost fan in the world to have not seen the 6th season.
                  - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    This episode was indeed one of the best of the series. If only because of the answers that were given about the island, and Richard.

This show is making it seem like Jacob is the good, and MIB the bad... but I'm not so sure anymore.
                    I'm thinking along this line too. We are being led to believe Jacob represents good, but is he really? I still think he is, but now there is a bit of doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                      the commercials tonight during LOST sucked big green donkeys! unbearable,, deserves me right for not waiting to watch it after putting it on DVR, I think they broke a record for comercias this go-round,, and they truly sucked fast and furious!
                      LOL. That is exactly what I did. I waited to buy season 6 on DVD and am now going through it. I just saw this episode and I'm still in awe at what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
                        I'm thinking along this line too. We are being led to believe Jacob represents good, but is he really? I still think he is, but now there is a bit of doubt.
                        Personally, I feel Jacob represent order, protection, preservation. MIB represents freedom, conquest, chaos.

Comment

Working...
                        X