• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ab Aeterno (609)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    AB AETERNO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 609

His faith in Jacob shattered, Richard recalls the fateful circumstances that brought him to the island and into a conflict between two old foes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 March 2010, 04:55 PM.

WOW. I'm impressed with this episode. It went nowhere plot-wise, was a little slow in places, but the background info was amazing- finally some more background on Richard, Jacob, and MIB (who needs a real name at some point). LOTS of questions answered in this.

Looks like Richard was MIB's first attempt at killing Jacob. We now know what happened to the statue. And I can't help but think that the broken bottle at the end symbolizes the island in the flash-sideways (blown up), because rather than the cork falling out (Jacob dying) to let the wine out, MIB broke the bottle itself.

As much as I enjoyed this episode, I hope we get the plot moved along during the next one. Only 7 episodes left!

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

This episode was amazing. Alot of it makes sense now. I hope we get more answers with the Jacob & MIB Episode

Comment

it's like....jacob and MIB can't kill each other. and locke seems to be the new MIB. but while they can't kill each other, they can manipulate others to doing their bidding. as we saw locke manipulate ben to kill jacob.

but who's the new jacob? and do they know it yet?

could jack be the new jacob?

we seem to have something like, oh i dunno, cain and able, locked on an island, in an immortal battle, which is really a limitless stalemate, unless and until they get others to play with. Or like if you had apollo and hades, apollo the sun god, hades god of the underworld, trapped with each other for all eternity

maybe the island is atlantis?

so, now we know for sure that richard was on the ship and a slave no less.

and we saw that MIB, smokey? spared him...but why didn't he free him? or did he have to wait until richard was desperate enough to make the bargain?

what we do know is that everyone on the planet is apparently pawns in a battle between 'good' and 'evil'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The MIB is the Devil himself I would say but what is Jacob ? Is he an Arch Angel like Michael / Gabriel or something like that ?

Comment

Hooray! I have been hoping for a Richard-centric episode since we first met him! Thank you Lost writers and producers!

That said, I love the moral philosophizing about the nature of humans and people showing their true selves. When you think about how all the Losties behaved and what they were each trying to accomplish after the plane crashed it's very interesting. And then how Smokey/MIB was messing with that to bring out the worst in them to show Jacob he was wrong... it's like the most epic sibling rivalry ever!
            sigpic

Comment

wow and hmm to say the least
              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Bet that episode was expensive as hell.

Comment

it was good, not as good as Dr Linus, but nice to see background information on Richard, and he is a great actor, i hope we see more of him after LOST.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jacob did not appear to have promised Richard anything but the fact he lives forever. And Jacob kept his promise. So, why does Richard think Jacob betrayed him? I thought Richard was veyr angry when Jacob left, and was mad and that Jacob had broken some promie. The promise was inferred to be soemthing about letting Richard in on all the secrets...
                    My Story:
                    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

i guess after 150 years of being a pawn, you get fed up

sigpic

Comment

This Could have been very well a two parter I think Richard should have deserverd smth like that. but maybe thats just me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of history on this subject can help out here, but I was well under the impression that at this stage of the slave trade it was not legal to take a European such as Richard. The slave trade was already pretty much abolished throughout Europe, the exception being that people from Africa could be taken to the colonies. Use of slavery in and of Europeans ended in the Middle Ages.

Comment

but the prisoner exchange lasted unitl when???? when did the UK stop shipping its prisoners off to Australia?

i think that's what Ricardo was, a prisoner that should have been killed, that might have been marked down in the prison records as killed, but in reality he was sold - under the table and illegally - to that man.

so not a legal slave trade, but a shanghai of a prisoner to become a sailer

sigpic

Comment

Well this episode was very interesting why Richard doesn't age, and how the smoke monster came about. Wonder what next weeks episode is going to be like, this one kept me on the edge of my seat, and it explaines alot of history about who Richard is and why he never ages for. Wow and to know that he was a slave no less and on that boat. Its interesting to know the history of all these charathers, gives you more of an insight of who is who and where they came from and their background. It will be more interesting to see where all this leads to in the remaining episodes. Alot of things are already being revealed about the island.

Comment

Working...
                              X