Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (515)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
    OK..I have to get this out of the way first….What!!! has happened to Sam’s hair!!! I missed the first 15mins trying to concentrate!!!!

And no reference to last weeks problems either...disappointing..I would have liked a little nod! Although I read that this ep was filmed to air before last weeks...CW made the change.
    I didn't know this - but then it makes sense that there was no reference to the earth shattering developments of MBV.

It was pointed out twice that Dean’s never been in love. Once by Bobby’s wife and indirectly by Bobby at the end and I’m wondering if they’re going somewhere with that at some point.
    I was wondering about that as well. I mean, in S1 Dean seemed to have been pretty head-over-heels over the chick in Route 666. Spilling the family secret to her to me indicates that he was quite serious about her.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      I didn't know this - but then it makes sense that there was no reference to the earth shattering developments of MBV.
      I suppose if it crops in next weeks ep it'll confirm it...

I was wondering about that as well. I mean, in S1 Dean seemed to have been pretty head-over-heels over the chick in Route 666. Spilling the family secret to her to me indicates that he was quite serious about her.
      I know what you mean but I get the feeling that if the writers want to go with that it won't be too difficult for them to do because we don't know much about their relationship. Although Dean obviously had strong feelings for her, they can easily go with the idea that he wasn't actually in love with her but just liked the idea of it maybe. Loved the idea of having a normal home with a girlfriend/wife. That would work.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
        I think that was something which got lost in the writing room over the time. She was there, but she was never ever mentioned again (unlike Lisa Braden, Bens mother), and so I guess he had some nice time with the girl but never really the time to go from the butterflies to real, deep love. And since it was mentioned now about half a dozen times, that Dean never had a long term relationship and never fell in love I think that the writers are up to something with that.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

It was a pretty good show, but weaker than most this season. I liked having zombies be nice then turn into their people-eating selves - good twist. Still, the reason for sending zombies to mess with Bobby, then kill him didn't feel very apocalyptic to me.

I had a huge prob with the show's characterization of Sioux Falls. A sheriff, not the local city police? Not unless they were out of city limits. Sam called it "podunk?!" There are over 200,000 people (and at least a dozen zombies) in the greater metro area. And lastly, leafy trees, green grass, and "common" lightning storms in February?! I call bull****.

I will forgive SPN in time, of course, but this won't ever be my favorite episode. Poor Bobby!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
            I remembered at the end that Jim Beaver has lost his wife in RL so it must have been hard for him to do that ep.
            I know. I have Jim Beaver's book that he wrote about the loss of his wife (Very good book, btw. I recommend it), and I too kept thinking about how hard those scene must have been for him to film.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
              It was a pretty good show, but weaker than most this season. I liked having zombies be nice then turn into their people-eating selves - good twist. Still, the reason for sending zombies to mess with Bobby, then kill him didn't feel very apocalyptic to me.

I had a huge prob with the show's characterization of Sioux Falls. A sheriff, not the local city police? Not unless they were out of city limits. Sam called it "podunk?!" There are over 200,000 people (and at least a dozen zombies) in the greater metro area. And lastly, leafy trees, green grass, and "common" lightning storms in February?! I call bull****.

I will forgive SPN in time, of course, but this won't ever be my favorite episode. Poor Bobby!
              In season 1 there was an episode supposedly filmed in Richardson, TX. Richardson is in the Dallas-Forth Worth Metroplex. Yet, in the episode the house that had paranormal activity was made to look like it was in the backwoods somewhere. I hate to tell the producers that there's nowhere in Richardson that looks like the place in the episode. Actually, Jensen is from Richardson. My point is, that towns aren't always portrayed accurately.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                In season 1 there was an episode supposedly filmed in Richardson, TX. Richardson is in the Dallas-Forth Worth Metroplex. Yet, in the episode the house that had paranormal activity was made to look like it was in the backwoods somewhere. I hate to tell the producers that there's nowhere in Richardson that looks like the place in the episode. Actually, Jensen is from Richardson. My point is, that towns aren't always portrayed accurately.
                True. I know 'Minnesota' often looks decidedly Vancouver-ish, but what are they supposed to do? They film where they film. *shrugs*

Also, I haven't been paying attention to Souix Falls, but here in Minnesota this year? We actually DID have grass in February, no snow through the entire month of March, and we had our first thunderstorm of the year weeks ago!! Granted, it isn't our usual weather, like Bobby was saying with the lightning, it's actually more of a freak thing....hmmm, maybe I should be checking the local cemetaries, see if anyone is missing!

Had another quick comment on this episode. I liked how Bobby and the house were both cleaned up with his wife there, and I wasn't the only one who noticed. The 4-yr-old watched the first scene where the boys talk to Bobby and then turned and asked me, "Where's Bobby's hat?"

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  True. I know 'Minnesota' often looks decidedly Vancouver-ish, but what are they supposed to do? They film where they film. *shrugs*

Also, I haven't been paying attention to Souix Falls, but here in Minnesota this year? We actually DID have grass in February, no snow through the entire month of March, and we had our first thunderstorm of the year weeks ago!! Granted, it isn't our usual weather, like Bobby was saying with the lightning, it's actually more of a freak thing....hmmm, maybe I should be checking the local cemetaries, see if anyone is missing!

Had another quick comment on this episode. I liked how Bobby and the house were both cleaned up with his wife there, and I wasn't the only one who noticed. The 4-yr-old watched the first scene where the boys talk to Bobby and then turned and asked me, "Where's Bobby's hat?"
                  I know right....

But I really felt sorry for Bobby at the end of the episode. He looked so defeated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    No backwoods in that area of NE Texas? They could have set it further down in SE TX where I'm at and it would have fit nicely.

Well they only have the budget to film in Vancouver, so I forgive them.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      No backwoods in that area of NE Texas? They could have set it further down in SE TX where I'm at and it would have fit nicely.

Well they only have the budget to film in Vancouver, so I forgive them.
                      LOL...Well...there may be backwoods places in northeast Texas. Just no backwoods places in Richardson.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post

Not sure about SF this year either, but people on the other side of SD are still getting snow.

LOL, one of the funniest "That sure as heck ain't [insert place]!" scenes was in The Lone Gunmen. They were supposed to be behind the Harris County jail, which is in downtown Houston. Instead of buildings, streets, and maybe the bayou, there was a hill and trees. A hill? In Houston? ROTF!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                          Not sure about SF this year either, but people on the other side of SD are still getting snow.

LOL, one of the funniest "That sure as heck ain't [insert place]!" scenes was in The Lone Gunmen. They were supposed to be behind the Harris County jail, which is in downtown Houston. Instead of buildings, streets, and maybe the bayou, there was a hill and trees. A hill? In Houston? ROTF!
                          Now...that is funny!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the fact that every place on Earth is beginning to look like Vancouver is getting a bit silly! I know I've had a good laugh when places in Vancouver stand in for places in the UK (where I used to live) and Europe!

One thing that I've begun to really appreciate is that shows like SN have tended to film in close up, and in as 'generic US' locations as possible. Whilst for those who live in places that the boys are supposed to be in don't look anything like the place, I'm just happy that I'm not seeing my town centre on screen so much! SN only did it once thankfully.

Also the exciting storytelling of SN really helps, for me anyway, who is interested in where it's happening when you get things like this heart wrenching episode! Poor Bobby and others who get to spend only a few days with those they lost only to lose them again in a horrible way!

Comment

Working...
                            X