X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10 - Hopes/Fears/Predictions

“SMALLVILLE” TO RETURN FOR A TENTH SEASON ON THE CW

March 4, 2010 (Burbank, California) The CW Network has announced that its hit series “Smallville” will return in the fall of 2010 for a momentous tenth season.

“Smallville,” a modern retelling of the Superman legend, stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent. The series moved to Friday nights this season, where it currently ranks as network television’s #1 show in its time period among men 18-34 and men 18-49. Additionally, “Smallville” has dramatically improved The CW’s ratings performance in its Friday 8:00-9:00p.m.time period by 67% among adults 18-34 (1.5/6), 200% in men 18-34 (1.8/7), 75% in adults 18-49 (1.4/5), 183% in men 18-49 (1.7/6) and 74% in total viewers (3.12million).

“Smallville” joins the five previously announced series – “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “America’s Next Top Model” – which will all return for another season on The CW.

“Smallville” was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/04...comment-222497

When we last spoke with Erica Durance, she confirmed her contract through Season 10. Justin Hartley also confirmed he would return and a rep for the series said that Welling will be back. Also, Cassidy Freeman told TVGuide.com that her contract runs three years, meaning she could be included in Season 10. So the big remaining question is: Will Allison Mack sign on for Season 10?
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...n-1015663.aspx

So with the announcement of season 10, what do you want out of this season?
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 04 March 2010, 03:02 PM.

Hopes:

Allison Mack.
    More Justice League.
    Bruce Wayne (seriously, if 10th is going to be a final season, bring him in but don't necessarily do Batman).
    Teri Hatcher (had Dean Cain, we need Teri now).
    More "movie" type episodes such as Absolute Justice.
    No Lana.
    Michael Rosenbaum (I like Lex being gone, but he needs to be retconned badly).
    An overall villain for the season that fits in with Smallville as opposed to just throwing in any powerful villain (like how they misused Doomsday. God knows how bad Darkseid would end up).
    Laura Vandervoort.
    Flight and Tights.

Fears:
    Final Season.
    Lana will return.
    Allison Mack won't return.
    The use of Darkseid (or similar type of Apocalypse being).

Predictions:

I think it's about time that the No Flight/No Tights rule was done away with. I'm not too worried if they decide to hold off on giving him the proper suit (I like his black "red/blue" blur outfit) but it's about time he learns to fly.

I am not sure whether or not the show will reach season 11, I'd love it to but I think it's also time that we other aspects of the Smallville universe, like a Justice League spinoff or a dedicated two parter that isn't so much Clark, but more Green Arrow, Flash, Cyborg and Canary, plus the Wonder Twins. I think my interest in this is that the chance of a spinoff is done because I'd find it hard to believe that Smallville could go on for 10 season, but a few of the shows characters couldn't have a successful spinoff of their own.

sigpic

Comment

THR: What about one of your other genre shows, "Smallville," will it stay on Fridays?

Ostroff: "Smallville" has had a great year creatively and moving to Friday nights; viewers have not only followed it but have endorsed the show creatively. I think it's too early too tell [where it will go], but it's been doing well on Fridays.
      http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/qa-th...ontent=Twitter

Comment

Hopes:

Allison Mack.
        More Justice League.
        Clark to fly.
        Clark to be shown as a reporter.
        Less focus on the romance.
        LEEEEEEX!

Fears:

Allison Mack won't return.
        Lana.
        The Clois will get heavier and more cloying.
        Originally posted by Callista
        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
        Originally posted by HPMom
        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I hope for Allison Mack to stick around and Lex Luthor to return! Maybe see Lana one last time in an episode or two for closure.

Comment

[puts shallow hat on]MORE HAWKMAN!![/takes shallow hat off]

Congrats on Season 10 guys!..

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

My one hope is that, in the end, Clark finally learns to fly. I want to see him take his final steps towards becoming Superman toward the end of the season.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                My one hope is that, in the end, Clark finally learns to fly. I want to see him take his final steps towards becoming Superman toward the end of the season.
                To be honest, I don't care if Clark flies or not. I just want to see Tom Welling in the Superman suit in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  To be honest, I don't care if Clark flies or not. I just want to see Tom Welling in the Superman suit in the end.
                  Seeing both would be the best though, at least IMO.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think someone should be fired if the show ends without him being in the suit. Welling has more than earned it. Playing the character from a high school teen to taking the first steps into the grander Superman mythos. I think that if Chris Reeve had still been with us, he'd want Welling to wear the suit too.

sigpic

Comment

he is still not flying in season 9..? oh boy.... i am season three. ^^
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I think someone should be fired if the show ends without him being in the suit. Welling has more than earned it. Playing the character from a high school teen to taking the first steps into the grander Superman mythos. I think that if Chris Reeve had still been with us, he'd want Welling to wear the suit too.
                        I heard Welling doesn't want to wear the suit. Which doesn't really bother me.

Comment

For enough money, he'll wear it. He should consider it an honor.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

For enough money, he'll wear it. He should consider it an honor.
                            If he doesn't want to wear it, I am sure he would if the script said he should. I think he would consider it an honour, I just don't believe he wants to wear it for another reason (read further)

If that is true, I think it may have to do with the fact he's played Clark Kent for 10 years. Why wear the suit other than in the last few seconds of the final episode? Once he wears it, he's no longer the character we've been watching, he becomes Superman and no longer Clark Kent. Once he wears that suit, I'd never want him to take it off and then the show becomes "Lois and Clark" because they'd have to make the show less about Clark and more about giving him reasons to wear the suit.

sigpic

Comment

I think he will most definately fly this season. Surely an epic battle with Zod in the sky would be a fitting season finale. Personally i dont want him to start wearing the suit. Although, what i think would be a really cool series ending would be clark walking down the street with lois and clarke with that super hearing of his, being alerted to someone in distress and him just ducking down and alleyway and ripping open his shirt to revel the big 'S'......... cue closeup and roll credits along with superman theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X