Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Eureka Airing Schedule & Ratings

So Eureka S4 is going to have 22 20 episodes. How do you think Syfy will schedule that? Do you think they'll run it consecutively into January (allowing for the rumored July 16 start date and holidays)? Or do you think they'll break it up somehow?

I suppose they could pair it with Sanctuary in the fall, but I'd read somewhere else that they were looking at the Being Human remake to be paired with Sanctuary. And there's also SGU to consider.

What do you all think?

EDIT: 07/12/10 Obviously the above was written before we knew that SGU and Sanctuary were moving to Tuesdays.
    Last edited by Killdeer; July 12th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Default Re: Eureka Airing Schedule & Ratings

Well, we still don't know when the second half of S4 will air. All indications seem to be that we will have the first ten episodes and then a mid-season break of yet-to-be-announced length.

Hopefully the ratings continue to stay high for the show, however.

Here are the available viewership numbers for last summer (source: TV by the Numbers). I couldn't find numbers for all episodes unfortunately.

3.9 2,600,000
    3.10 2,680,000

3.11 - 3.14 numbers not available

3.15 1,989,000
    3.16 2,060,000
    3.17 2,377,000
    3.18 2,300,000
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    So Eureka S4 is going to have 22 20 episodes.
    ??

As far as I know, it's still 22 episodes.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

The first press release said 22 episodes (back when it was renewed). The more recent press releases (that I've seen) have said 20. *shrugs* I don't know, but I'm just going with the more recent number.
    - Life after Stargate -

I think the first episode breaks the 3 million mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    The first press release said 22 episodes (back when it was renewed). The more recent press releases (that I've seen) have said 20. *shrugs* I don't know, but I'm just going with the more recent number.
    Link me? I'd like to read the depressing news first-hand
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Link
    Syfy has ordered 20 episodes of Eureka....
    And from a Sci Fi Wire article about the changes this season...
    And it redoubled on itself over the course of the season, and it made for probably the best 10 episodes we've done.
    And later in the article....
    And the plan is hopefully that is going to happen in the back 10 episodes as well
    They've made it pretty clear, not only here but in other articles that I posted in the news thread, that we will have 10 episodes this summer, and then a break. And then here Paglia talks about the back 10 episodes, so 10 + 10 = 20.
    - Life after Stargate -

Looks like it. Unfortunate

Still, more than we've ever had so far

In relation to the airing schedule - here's something interesting.

Eureka and Warehouse 13 have another connection. They both are doing special stand-alone Christmas episodes this year, which will air in December.
    From: 10 developments will change everything in Eureka (spoilers), Sci Fi Wire.
    - Life after Stargate -

Well now, that is interesting!

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

Really! Lots of great things happening at Christmas time!

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

PRESS RELEASE
    Eureka and Haven were the #1 and #2 cable telecasts for the day among Adults 25-54, powering Syfy to #1 among Adults 25-54 in 8-11PM prime.

This fourth season Eureka premiere also ranked as the #1 Adult 18-49 telecast in cable on Friday and was the series’ most-watched telecast since July 31, 2009.

From 9-10PM (ET/PT), Eureka delivered:

o 1.8 HH rating
    o 1.263 million Adults 25-54
    o 1.078 million Adults 18-49
    o 2.520 million total viewers
    And from Travis Yanan:

Eureka (9pm)
    - 2.520 million viewers
    - 1.5/3 HH
    - 0.8/3 A18-49
    - Life after Stargate -

I posted this on the other thread...

BTW, on a serious note for the folks who really like Eureka. This is what the show did in the last episode before the Season premiere..

1.7 HH rating Live+SD
    2.2 HH rating Live+7

2.3 million viewers (Live+SD)
    3.0 million viewers (Live+7)

So the show is up from the finale!
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    So the show is up from the finale!
    That's a good thing!

It's actually down a little bit from last season's premiere though. From last season's press release -
    Syfy’s popular Eureka captured 2.6 million total viewers, 1.3 million Adults 25-54 and 1.1 Million Adults 18-49 in its new 9PM (ET/PT) Friday time slot during the season 3.5 premiere on July 10
    LINK
    - Life after Stargate -

Mighty Avenger
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Fueled By ‘Warehouse 13,’ ‘Eureka,’ & Haven, Syfy Scores Best Week Of 2010 In Adults 18-49 & 25-54

FUELED BY WAREHOUSE 13, EUREKA AND HAVEN, SYFY SCORES BEST WEEK OF 2010 IN ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 25-54. SUMMER PREMIERE WEEK SIZZLES AS SCRIPTED SERIES GARNER 7.6 MILLION UNIQUE TOTAL VIEWERS

New York, New York – July 13, 2010 – Syfy’s July 5 Summer Premiere Week sizzled as its three powerhouse scripted series – Warehouse 13,Eureka and Haven — cumed 7.619 million unique viewers, including 3.147 million unique Adults 18-49 and 3.907 million unique Adults 25-54. This was Syfy‘s best week in 2010 to-date for Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.

Warehouse 13’s second season premiere Tuesday, July 6, at 9PM (ET/PT) became the channel’s most watched telecast of the year, snagging, bagging and tagging nearly three million (2.96) total viewers while leaping 13% in Adults 18-49 over the season one average. Warehouse 13 was the #1 scripted drama on cable that night, beating new telecasts of TNT’s Hawthorne and Memphis Beat and ABC Family’sPretty Little Liars as well as FX’s Rescue Me in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.

During their Friday, July 9 premieres from 9-11PM (ET/PT), Eureka and Haven were the #1 and #2 cable telecasts for the day among Adults 25-54, powering Syfy to #1 among Adults 25-54 in 8-11PM prime. This fourth season Eureka premiere also ranked as the #1 Adult 18-49 telecast in cable on Friday. Eureka delivered 2.5 million total viewers and Haven averaged 2.3 million total viewers.
    continues:
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/13...49-25-54/56940

Though Eureka was down a few hundred thousand viewers and dropped 0.2 of an adult 18-49 ratings point from its premiere and Haven was down 0.1, both still topped 2 million viewers and turned in fine performances on Friday, especially if Caprica and Stargate Universe are the benchmarks.

Eureka (9pm)
    - 2.209 million viewers
    - 1.3/3 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/19...for-syfy/57624

Wow, glad to see SyFy is doing well!
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

From Travis Yanan: Ratings for #4.03 All the Rage

Eureka (9pm)
    - 2.293 million viewers
    - 1.5/3 HH
    - 0.7/3 A18-49

It went back up this week. And it actually beat Warehouse 13's last episode by a little bit, though not in the 18-49 demo.
    - Life after Stargate -

Maureen Ryan from the Chicago Tribune interviewed Bruce Miller and Jaime Paglia at Comic-Con and in her writeup of the interview she says that the second half of S4 will air in early 2011. This is the first thing I've seen anywhere saying when the second half of the season might air, and I hope it's accurate. Many people also assumed that the second half of S3 would air in early 2009, and that turned out to not be the case.

Here's the link - beware of spoilers.
    - Life after Stargate -

From the recent Q&A for the episode Founder's Day on the Eureka Unscripted Blog:

Are we getting all 22 episodes this year (Summer 2010 - early Spring 2011) or will it be like Seasons 3.0 and 3.5 when we only got 8 episodes in 2008 and 10 in 2009?

We're actually doing 20 episodes. Nine will air this summer, a Christmas episode will air in December, then the back ten episodes will air after the new year. Hopefully, early, not next summer.
    Link
    - Life after Stargate -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast