New FARSCAPE fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New FARSCAPE fan!

Just started watching this show with my Dad at his on weekends, LOVE IT! Almost finished Season 1 just got past the introduction of the characters Chiana, Scorpius and Stark. When does the show go onto the widescreen format?

Also, why alot of people think Ben Browder can't act? The guy has EXCELLENT comdeic timing! Loved him as Mitchell, love Claudia Black in this too! A much darker character than Vala.

Love the whole ''Living ship'' concept, and just got past Moya(sp?)'s birth scene which was awsomely done.

Only downer so far for me, is the theme tune for S1 I guess that changes?

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
    Just started watching this show with my Dad at his on weekends, LOVE IT! Almost finished Season 1 just got past the introduction of the characters Chiana, Scorpius and Stark. When does the show go onto the widescreen format?

Also, why alot of people think Ben Browder can't act? The guy has EXCELLENT comdeic timing! Loved him as Mitchell, love Claudia Black in this too! A much darker character than Vala.

Love the whole ''Living ship'' concept, and just got past Moya(sp?)'s birth scene which was awsomely done.

Yay! More Farscape fans!
    I think it goes widescreen by the last season.
    As for Ben Browder and Claudia Black: yup, they're both great...IMHO, they're way better in Farscape than in SG-1, but then again, their characters are also quite different.
    Yup, they did well w/ the living ship aspect. It was cool, actually (as opposed to really weird: i.e., 'Lexx'). Rockne's other sci-fi show before Farscape was also an organic looking ship (SeaQuest DSV).
    Theme tune? You mean the opening? It doesn't change until Season 3.

edit: Oh, and I'm relatively new to the series, too: just started watching it last year after a friend 'forced' me to watch the first episode. Got hooked...now I have the DVDs, some comics, and will soon be ordering more goodies.
    sigpic

Comment

Great to have another Farscaper on board.

I thought the theme song was weird at first too, but eventually got used to it. It does change in season 3 and in my opinion sounds a lot better.

I know he's got some criticism but I agree and I think Ben is a great actor. Only thing for me is that I can't say I was really attached to the Crichton character, but that doesn't take anything away from his acting ability.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful, crazy world of Farscape, Homer 120. Enjoy the wild ride.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't get that either. I always got the impression that people were just pissy that Jack had left, so they started attacking Browder, even though he's amazing. I do miss Jack, but I love Mitchell! He's adorable.

Yay for Farscape! It gets better and better, seriously. It's not one of those shows that starts fading by season. Farscape gets BETTER, believe it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
            I don't get that either. I always got the impression that people were just pissy that Jack had left, so they started attacking Browder, even though he's amazing. I do miss Jack, but I love Mitchell! He's adorable.

Yay for Farscape! It gets better and better, seriously. It's not one of those shows that starts fading by season. Farscape gets BETTER, believe it or not!
            Indeed it does. I really wish more shows could be as amazing and unique as Farscape was. Television would be much better off.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It is a great show, glad you discovered it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                I kinda thought this, too, whenever I see threads discussing Jack's leaving. On the other hand, there are times that Ben's character, Mitchell, does seem a bit 'dry', but I wouldn't blame that on Browder's acting.
                (that and I always thought Mitchell could do w/ a little more 'Crichton Craziness' )

Heck, I even think that it gets better when watching it for the 2nd time...even the 3rd time!
                sigpic

Comment

WOOT Welcome aboard Homer120!! Farscape will be one of the most unique Scifi shows you will ever watch. It gets better ......and it is a ~wild~ ride!! Buckle up and enjoy it. Because it is over all too fast OH and Ben Browder is just AWESOME!!
                  Originally posted by jelgate
                  This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Thanks for the welcomings folks!

Don't know if anyone can answer, but is Johnathan Hardy the same Johnathan Hardy that went on to do Spamalot on Broadway back in 2008? And agreed, it is a really, really fun show.

Comment

Sounds like I'm about where you are, Homer 120. I'm halfway through Season 2. I find the second season better than the first and really funny so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                        Sounds like I'm about where you are, Homer 120. I'm halfway through Season 2. I find the second season better than the first and really funny so far.
                        Just wait, as the season progresses. You are in for some really amazing stuff.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

well consider me as a fan as well
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                            Well, amost finished Season 2 actually On the three parter ''Liars, Guns and Money''. Some favorite qoutes:

Dargo: ''One mippy-pipy, two mippy-pipy'' LOL! Loved that line!

Ben was truely increadable in ''Crackers Don't Matter''! Loved his crasyness!

Comment

Well, amost finished Season 2 actually On the three parter ''Liars, Guns and Money''.
                              Hehehe. The season finale is quite awesome, IMHO.

Some favorite qoutes: Dargo: ''One mippy-pipy, two mippy-pipy'' LOL! Loved that line!

Ben was truely increadable in ''Crackers Don't Matter''! Loved his crasyness!
                              Yup. "Crackers" is awesome and is one of my favourite episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X