'Lost' exec not prepared for scrutiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Lost' exec not prepared for scrutiny

Damon Lindelof has admitted that he was not prepared for fans to scrutinise Lost's final season. The show's executive producer recently responded to fans' criticism via Twitter, blasting NCIS: Los Angeles in the process.

"For those of you complaining of 'filler'. Seriously. PLEASE WATCH NCIS: LOS ANGELES," he wrote. "I promise not to hold it against you."

He later told Entertainment Weekly: "I have to be better about not being reactive that way. I certainly was not prepared for the level of scrutiny that the show is being held to this season.

"It's like if you actually had to have your Christmas televised as the Super Bowl halftime show, and America was going to watch what you bought for your family as presents then pass judgement on them."
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s10...-scrutiny.html

in one way, i can understand.

in another....folks, you've been string people along for 6 years, how can you NOT realize that they've spent those six years spinning theories and trying to figure out the puzzle? and if you end it with something lame like 'bobby ewing is in the shower and it was all a dream' you're gonna get your tushes kicked

you can't milk the franchise and pump up anticipation and then not deliver. If he didn't want scrutiny then he shouldn't have hyped it as much as he (they) did
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i like this season so for, dont see the problem
      1) We got some answers in the first four episodes and its still in the beginning, so be patients die hard fans
      2) Its still awesome^^
      sigpic

Comment

Well I do think they are getting somewhere. Albeit slowly....which apparently is what people are complaining about by labeling it "filler". Obviously not everyone is going to like how it ends, but at this point I don't think they are heading for the "it was all a dream" ending.

Him not being prepared for the scrutiny....I find that kinda strange considering the business he's in.

Part of the problem as well is probably ABC's advertisement for the show touting all the questions will be answered. So far not a whole heck of a lot has been answered, and I guess some are loosing patience.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I think it's safe to say, Lost will face a same level of anger like BSG did with its series finale
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

or sg1, sga, xena, hercules, forever knight, treks, etc

I think it's too early in the season to be doomin it yet. now, if we only have 2-3 left and are no further along in the plot arc, then i think folks can 'worry'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              or sg1, sga, xena, hercules, forever knight, treks, etc

I think it's too early in the season to be doomin it yet. now, if we only have 2-3 left and are no further along in the plot arc, then i think folks can 'worry'
              I was talking mainly about that whole God thing, not about stupid endings like SG-1 or SGA had
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

this is the downside to shows sometimes. you rope in the viewer so much you don't deliver the ending they were hoping for,.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There is also the sad fact that no matter what they do, someone will hate it

it's just, abc is pimping the heck out of it. they even had a V promo that acknowledged Lost...if you're gonna overpimp, you better at least try to make it danged good

sigpic

Comment

Alot of people are complaining about the flash-sideways just being filler. But there's obviously more to it then just showing us what would have happened if Oceanic 815 never broke apart over the island.

Comment

Honestly, I see nothing to complain about. I am thoroughly enjoying this season so far. Some answers have been given and/or alluded to. And, it is still early in the season. IMO, things are coming together.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                        Alot of people are complaining about the flash-sideways just being filler. But there's obviously more to it then just showing us what would have happened if Oceanic 815 never broke apart over the island.
                        Is that really what they're showing us, though? I mean, Jack has a teenage boy in this flash-sideways--that would have been set in motion long before any possible crash of Oceanic 815. It's going to be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves....

ETA: Gah! Nevermind...I was talking to a friend of mine about it and he said the bomb went off in the past (the '70's) so that would have affected our happy band of survivors long before the plane crash.
                        Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 25 February 2010, 11:23 PM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          Is that really what they're showing us, though? I mean, Jack has a teenage boy in this flash-sideways--that would have been set in motion long before any possible crash of Oceanic 815. It's going to be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves....

ETA: Gah! Nevermind...I was talking to a friend of mine about it and he said the bomb went off in the past (the '70's) so that would have affected our happy band of survivors long before the plane crash.
                          Well, to be fair, we're never told that he doesn't have a son in the Alpha reality- just that him and his wife are separated, which they are in both realities. So, as far as I remember, there are not any differences other than not crashing on the island.

Also, I can't really see how a bomb going off in the 1970s would affect whether or not Jack has a son. IMO, chances are, nobody even found out about it seeing as no one knows the island exists.

And while thinking about this, I came upon a conundrum.. hopefully someone can help me with this one. In the Beta timeline (with the AT#1 Losties in the 70's, the bomb going off, and the AT #2 Losties landing in LA), the AT #1 Losties blow up the island- WITH Ben Linus on it. While Sayid may have shot him, there appeared to be a way for Ben to live. But a nuke blowing up in your face? I don't think so. Ben must've died in that one. So how is he alive in 2004 as a teacher?

Ughhhhh, ATs give me grade A headaches...

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                            Also, I can't really see how a bomb going off in the 1970s would affect whether or not Jack has a son. IMO, chances are, nobody even found out about it seeing as no one knows the island exists.

And while thinking about this, I came upon a conundrum.. hopefully someone can help me with this one. In the Beta timeline (with the AT#1 Losties in the 70's, the bomb going off, and the AT #2 Losties landing in LA), the AT #1 Losties blow up the island- WITH Ben Linus on it. While Sayid may have shot him, there appeared to be a way for Ben to live. But a nuke blowing up in your face? I don't think so. Ben must've died in that one. So how is he alive in 2004 as a teacher?

Ughhhhh, ATs give me grade A headaches...
                            They went back in time, and in doing so they affected the lives of people lived on the Island and this ultimately affected what happened off the Island. Ben being shot may have been enough motivation for his father to take him off the Island. Since he wasn't there, that would have drastically changed the lives of The Others, like Ethan being a Dr and the Japanese guy having children. The question is, how would these changes make Jacob not want them.

As for the nuke, it went off underground. Could have been deep enough for the blast to be contained, especially with that temporal rift. The real issue is, if they changed the future, why was the Island unchanged when they went back to the future.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              They went back in time, and in doing so they affected the lives of people lived on the Island and this ultimately affected what happened off the Island. Ben being shot may have been enough motivation for his father to take him off the Island. Since he wasn't there, that would have drastically changed the lives of The Others, like Ethan being a Dr and the Japanese guy having children. The question is, how would these changes make Jacob not want them.

As for the nuke, it went off underground. Could have been deep enough for the blast to be contained, especially with that temporal rift. The real issue is, if they changed the future, why was the Island unchanged when they went back to the future.
                              I don't believe you're mixing the timelines correctly. They changed the future for the Beta timeline, where the island IS destroyed. In the Alpha timeline, the island doesn't get destroyed since, in that timeline, the Losties never flash through time to the 70's.

Also, Ben getting shot happens hours (if that) before they blow up the island, in which case no one would've been able to take him off the island in time- he would've died in the explosion, unless, as you say, the blast was contained underground somehow.

If the blast was contained, I'd like to know why the island is at the bottom of the ocean. I doubt we'll get answers to all of these questions.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                              X