Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377784858687
Results 1,721 to 1,734 of 1734
  1. #1721
    Lieutenant Colonel Az'ryel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    somewhere between the light and the dark
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    I will wait for the last patch they promised and then start a new game. It is not like I do not enjoy it but the last patch was supposed to contain character editor changes so I guessed I could as well wait and then play it from the start again with whatever new things they have to offer there

  2. #1722
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    The only true gripe I have with the game is the dialogue, it's not very well written IMHO.

    Other then that it's a fun game but yes there are a few buggy missions.

    I haven't done any of the APEX missions in multiplayer how does that work? Do you have to work with other players or play against them. I normally avoid multiplayer because that's not what I buy these games for.

  3. #1723
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    5,695

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Multiplayer is teams of 4 vs waves of enemies.

    Then the APEX missions give mission funds.

    Stargate SG1 - 1997 - 2007_______________Stargate Atlantis - 2004 - 2009
    Stargate Universe - 2009 - 2011_________Sanctuary - 2008 - 2012
    Merlin - 2008 - 2012_________________Star Wars The Clone Wars - 2008 - 2013
    Doctor Who - 1963 - Present ___________Torchwood - 2006 - Present
    The Walking Dead - 2010 - Present__________Falling Skies - 2011 - Present
    And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham)

    Doctor Who Season 9 - Cant wait!!_________________The Walking Dead Season 7 - Cant wait!
    Game of Thrones Season 6 - Currently on!_________________Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 - Currently on!
    Person of Interest Season 5 - Currently on!_________________Sleepy Hollow Season 4 - Hopefully!
    Arrow Season 4 - Currently on!_______________________The Flash Season 2 - Currently on!

  4. #1724
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Multiplayer is teams of 4 vs waves of enemies.

    Then the APEX missions give mission funds.


    Oooh sounds like the old ME 3 multiplayer, that was fun

  5. #1725
    Lieutenant Colonel Az'ryel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    somewhere between the light and the dark
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    The only true gripe I have with the game is the dialogue, it's not very well written IMHO.

    Other then that it's a fun game but yes there are a few buggy missions.

    I haven't done any of the APEX missions in multiplayer how does that work? Do you have to work with other players or play against them. I normally avoid multiplayer because that's not what I buy these games for.
    A lot of people say the dialog is badly written, I don't mind it in most cases but some parts of especially Liam get on my nerves
    I should mention that Liam along with Cora are my two least fave NPCs

  6. #1726
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Az'ryel View Post
    A lot of people say the dialog is badly written, I don't mind it in most cases but some parts of especially Liam get on my nerves
    I should mention that Liam along with Cora are my two least fave NPCs

    ME 3 multiplayer was fun. I did dabble a tiny bit in that.

    Liam is my least favourite character and I wish there was an option to get him to test the airlock..

    I like Cora, she's my girl and we are doing every mission together.

  7. #1727
    Colonel knowles2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chigwell
    Posts
    5,510

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    An article on Mass Effect Andromeda production problems.

    http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-m...ive-1795886428

  8. #1728
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    5,695

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Oooh sounds like the old ME 3 multiplayer, that was fun
    Yep, its basically ME 3 multiplayer with different enemies, different maps and slightly different specific missions.

    And the APEX missions usually have different features like 25% shotgun damage and -25% all other weapons, so it makes you change your weapons up a bit which I like

    Games usually take 10-15mins too, so not that long

    Stargate SG1 - 1997 - 2007_______________Stargate Atlantis - 2004 - 2009
    Stargate Universe - 2009 - 2011_________Sanctuary - 2008 - 2012
    Merlin - 2008 - 2012_________________Star Wars The Clone Wars - 2008 - 2013
    Doctor Who - 1963 - Present ___________Torchwood - 2006 - Present
    The Walking Dead - 2010 - Present__________Falling Skies - 2011 - Present
    And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham)

    Doctor Who Season 9 - Cant wait!!_________________The Walking Dead Season 7 - Cant wait!
    Game of Thrones Season 6 - Currently on!_________________Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 - Currently on!
    Person of Interest Season 5 - Currently on!_________________Sleepy Hollow Season 4 - Hopefully!
    Arrow Season 4 - Currently on!_______________________The Flash Season 2 - Currently on!

  9. #1729
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Yep, its basically ME 3 multiplayer with different enemies, different maps and slightly different specific missions.

    And the APEX missions usually have different features like 25% shotgun damage and -25% all other weapons, so it makes you change your weapons up a bit which I like

    Games usually take 10-15mins too, so not that long

    Wow that's neat. I uusally just send a strike team and don't play the multiplayer but doing it that way missions can take up to 3 hours. Why is that?

  10. #1730
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    5,695

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Dunno tbh, guess thats just the time they decided. Plus there arent that many missions everyday, so if they were all completed quickly, the wouldnt have anything to do I guess...

    Stargate SG1 - 1997 - 2007_______________Stargate Atlantis - 2004 - 2009
    Stargate Universe - 2009 - 2011_________Sanctuary - 2008 - 2012
    Merlin - 2008 - 2012_________________Star Wars The Clone Wars - 2008 - 2013
    Doctor Who - 1963 - Present ___________Torchwood - 2006 - Present
    The Walking Dead - 2010 - Present__________Falling Skies - 2011 - Present
    And many more... (Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Arrow, The Flash, Gotham)

    Doctor Who Season 9 - Cant wait!!_________________The Walking Dead Season 7 - Cant wait!
    Game of Thrones Season 6 - Currently on!_________________Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3 - Currently on!
    Person of Interest Season 5 - Currently on!_________________Sleepy Hollow Season 4 - Hopefully!
    Arrow Season 4 - Currently on!_______________________The Flash Season 2 - Currently on!

  11. #1731
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    An article on Mass Effect Andromeda production problems.

    http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-m...ive-1795886428


    I've read similar things that it was a living hell for the people that made this game and that's why it's not as polished as it should be.

  12. #1732
    Lieutenant Colonel Az'ryel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    somewhere between the light and the dark
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Finally finished ME: A after a long pause because I was fed up. Was not as great as I hoped but I still cannot understand the people who in some reviews said it was all bad.
    If there is going to be another ME game I hope it will be dine by the right original team again and not by those who did ME:A

    One thing that saddens me though is the fact
    Spoiler:
    that you cannot visit the planets as they are after you activated Meridian when you keep on playing. I would have loved to see how they look

  13. #1733
    Probie Nozomi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Az'ryel View Post
    Finally finished ME: A after a long pause because I was fed up. Was not as great as I hoped but I still cannot understand the people who in some reviews said it was all bad.
    If there is going to be another ME game I hope it will be dine by the right original team again and not by those who did ME:A

    One thing that saddens me though is the fact
    Spoiler:
    that you cannot visit the planets as they are after you activated Meridian when you keep on playing. I would have loved to see how they look
    I finished ME: Andromeda some weeks ago too and agree with you. It is not great but not sooo terrible as people was saying. I like how they resolve the ending. And
    Spoiler:
    was very disappointing that you cannot visit the exterior of Meridian.


    I think they didn't work too much in the art of the game, and was terrible several bugs they have. Anyways, in general, thinking about the things that developers had to experience, i think it's ok. But, it was the first time i've paid 70 usd for a game, and didn't worth it.

    Hope they make another ME game in the future, with excellent quallity and not so ambicious.

  14. #1734
    Lieutenant Colonel Az'ryel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    somewhere between the light and the dark
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: Mass Effect universe discussion thread

    It was not a good descision imo to let a team work on such a big, long awaited game, that only had experiences with making DLCs

    Today it was also annonced that there will be nothing more done for ME:A's single player, so no DLC, I cannot say I am much suprised by that though

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. "Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation Thread ( Spoilers S2)
    By Darren in forum SGU General Discussion
    Replies: 15899
    Last Post: October 8th, 2016, 03:25 PM
  2. Stealing Mass Effect music?
    By witter in forum Darkness
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 4th, 2011, 01:51 AM
  3. Mass Effect maybe?
    By daedalus91 in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
  4. Mass Effect
    By s09119 in forum General Sci-Fi and Fantasy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
  5. Stargate Universe Character Discussion Thread
    By Pandora's_Box in forum SGU General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: December 21st, 2008, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •