Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh joy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally finished KADARA. Oh joy, oh joy.

It felt like it was never going to end with that planet and finally I 100% it at 230am and crash into bed. I tiunk there was still one person in the slums outside that nightclub that I was supposed to talk to, the "E" icon was there but I just walked past them as by this point I just couldn't be bothered.

The driving and stuff was fun but the rest really just felt so tedious and boring and like it would never end. My joy seems to have been sapped right out of me with this game and my desire to go back into it is waning.

I will finish it, just I'm not sure when or how long that will take because playing this game feels like a chore. Lots of filler quests that you really don't need like "go here and find this item, or person, oh look they died, run back to point A tell person they are dead" oh how fun and original.

Yay me :/
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh dear, seems like you have played it for too long in one go maybe, Coco Pops.
      Though about your driving problems from your earlier post, I would daresay it will be better, if you use a gamepad...I get the feeling BioWare wants you to, so it is easier to port the game to consoles. I recall them doing that for Dragon Age Inquisition, too

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
        Oh dear, seems like you have played it for too long in one go maybe, Coco Pops.
        Though about your driving problems from your earlier post, I would daresay it will be better, if you use a gamepad...I get the feeling BioWare wants you to, so it is easier to port the game to consoles. I recall them doing that for Dragon Age Inquisition, too

It's not that its the amount of filler quests. It's like Hinterland where you find a sock and magically know who it belongs to and then have to undertake a 20 minute walk to return the item. Really that's just padding.

And bad game design like having to leave a planet to check email? Really?

The omnitool is supposed to be able to do all that on its own. So really Bioware was just being lazy IMHO about this fact and padding the game out with useless animations that we didn't need.

Anyway I'm on the nexus now looking for blue boxes for the AI quest to see who wanted to nuke SAM

Comment

Personally I do not think it is such a big deal with the e-mails, most of the things that you to read in there, you will find out anyway by talking to people

The filler quests, yes, they can be annoying but I do not find them as annoying as they were in DAI

Though clearly and yet again it is not the game I hoped it would be though I would not go as far as to say it is bad as it was stated by some reviewers

And well if they put all good story elements in the game from the start there is nothing left for DLCs so no extra money to make....

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            It's not that its the amount of filler quests. It's like Hinterland where you find a sock and magically know who it belongs to and then have to undertake a 20 minute walk to return the item. Really that's just padding.

And bad game design like having to leave a planet to check email? Really?

The omnitool is supposed to be able to do all that on its own. So really Bioware was just being lazy IMHO about this fact and padding the game out with useless animations that we didn't need.

Anyway I'm on the nexus now looking for blue boxes for the AI quest to see who wanted to nuke SAM
            In regards to the email in particular, you've had to do that in ME2 and 3 as well. Email was only accessible in the Normandy, so really not change there.

As for the quests, I see it as no different as the side quests from ME:1. So many of them were either seemingly pointless or solely for busy work. But it was in the other two games that some (not all) of those side quests developed their own stories and grew more interesting.

ME:A is essentially starting over in terms of storyline, and in a series like ME or a similar RPG game developers generally will come up with as many quests as they can come up with, throw them at the wall to see what sticks and then they know what to keep, discard or alter for the next game. But I guarantee that many of the seemingly insignificant characters you come across in this game will likely turn up again in future instalments one way or the other.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Also, I don't think being a completionist on all the tasks is necessary. I have all the planets up to 100% viability, but I still have a bunch of tasks I could do if I wanted to. My current plan is to get from my current level 48 to level 50 to build up the next tier of armor and weapons, then head into endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Also, I don't think being a completionist on all the tasks is necessary. I have all the planets up to 100% viability, but I still have a bunch of tasks I could do if I wanted to. My current plan is to get from my current level 48 to level 50 to build up the next tier of armor and weapons, then head into endgame.

I guess I screwed myself hehe..

Level 52 here and all I seem to be doing at the moment is landing on a planet and doing as much as I can before moving on.

I got my first Architect and it made me think of Crysis.

BTW they just run off when you win. What the hell kind of thing is that, I thought you destroyed them but no they run off.

Comment

Its a lot more grindy than the other games, but I suppose thats what an open world adds. Im not even half way through the storyline...

Im also strugging to work out the best order to do things lol.

Comment

OK I'm right near the end of Andromeda and movie night hasn't spawned for me yet. I've spoken to everyone, ran all their stupid errands, no movie night.

Also why is Ryder not visible in the movie night? It's a known bug.

Also has anyone else finished the game and did you feel somewhat disappointed? I kind of am feeling that way. I just wanted to see what others think.

Would I play again, I'm not sure?

If you just stuck to the main story how long is the game supposed to be?

Comment

I finally finished it last night.

While I enjoyed it, and will keep on playing the multiplayer, whenever I think about doig a replay, its not jumping out at me...

Too many buggy missions and while the gameplay is fun, theres nothing jumping out at me that I want to replay apart from the last mission, which actually was quite a good final mission. Another thing that disappointed me is that none of my choices had a big impact on the game. Im guessing they would have come into play in the 2nd game (which looks like it may have been shelved), and who can forget all the fetch quests, which really resulted in nothing...

Also a couple of unanswered questions...

Spoiler:
                      The Quarian arc tease at the end, the Ryder siblings mother, the mysterious benefactor...

Comment

I will wait for the last patch they promised and then start a new game. It is not like I do not enjoy it but the last patch was supposed to contain character editor changes so I guessed I could as well wait and then play it from the start again with whatever new things they have to offer there

Comment

The only true gripe I have with the game is the dialogue, it's not very well written IMHO.

Other then that it's a fun game but yes there are a few buggy missions.

I haven't done any of the APEX missions in multiplayer how does that work? Do you have to work with other players or play against them. I normally avoid multiplayer because that's not what I buy these games for.

Comment

Multiplayer is teams of 4 vs waves of enemies.

Then the APEX missions give mission funds.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Multiplayer is teams of 4 vs waves of enemies.

Then the APEX missions give mission funds.

Oooh sounds like the old ME 3 multiplayer, that was fun

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                The only true gripe I have with the game is the dialogue, it's not very well written IMHO.

Other then that it's a fun game but yes there are a few buggy missions.

I haven't done any of the APEX missions in multiplayer how does that work? Do you have to work with other players or play against them. I normally avoid multiplayer because that's not what I buy these games for.
                                A lot of people say the dialog is badly written, I don't mind it in most cases but some parts of especially Liam get on my nerves
                                I should mention that Liam along with Cora are my two least fave NPCs

Comment

Working...
                                X