Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Going Bankrupt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment Going Bankrupt

On February 12, 2010, Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment (CME) filed for bankruptcy in the Maricopa County, Arizona, superior court. This news was recently reported by MMORPG.com.
    http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...oing-bankrupt/

so much for Stargate Worlds...
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      I think we knew a long time ago Stargate Worlds wasn't going to happen
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        stargate will never get a real game
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

And this isn't surprising news. Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment have shown the business acumen of a thrown brick, trying to get into the MMO market, which is notoriously difficult to break into and then when trying to dredge up some cash, tried to release Stargate Resistance, a game with content little better than a mod at a time when the market is flooded with A list games.

Comment

I don't see anything knocking WoW off it's perch any time soon. It'll probably still be going 10 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              I don't see anything knocking WoW off it's perch any time soon. It'll probably still be going 10 years from now.
              Well apparently its subscription numbers have peaked at around the 11.5 million mark and haven't risen recently. Still their pulling in $1.8 billion dollars a year so I doubt Blizzard are complaining. However what with the time consumption and subscription fees of MMO's people can rarely afford to play more than one at a time, unlike regular games. This of course makes the MMO market far harder.

Comment

That's unfortunate, although I can't say Stargate Resistance looked impressive at all...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  Well apparently its subscription numbers have peaked at around the 11.5 million mark and haven't risen recently. Still their pulling in $1.8 billion dollars a year so I doubt Blizzard are complaining. However what with the time consumption and subscription fees of MMO's people can rarely afford to play more than one at a time, unlike regular games. This of course makes the MMO market far harder.
                  True, but 11.5m is pretty incredible, especially when you consider that Eve Online (one of the biggest MMO's out there) only has 300k subscriptions. WoW would still be profitable on a very small fraction of the subscriptions Blizz have now, and I think it'll be a long time before they get there.

Comment

True, but 11.5m is pretty incredible, especially when you consider that Eve Online (one of the biggest MMO's out there) only has 300k subscriptions. WoW would still be profitable on a very small fraction of the subscriptions Blizz have now, and I think it'll be a long time before they get there.
                    Oh yeah imagine their very happy with WOW and they will be for another few years. When your pulling in over $! billion dollars a year you cant really complain. The thing is though that WOW is still popular no other MMO has much of a chance to really be as successful.

Comment

MGM should sell the MMO rights to Blizzard

Comment

MGM should sell the MMO rights to Blizzard
                        To busy prepping StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. Face it they've got 3 franchise as big as Stargate and have made unbelievable amounts of money, they'd probably want the stargate tptb to pay them to make a stargate game.

Comment

No! Give the rights to Bioware! And make a game like Mass Effect or Deus Ex! Maybe even Prototype and that lightning one (or Stargate SG1: The Alliance )
                          A game with almost limitless options! Hundreds of planets! Carter!

Comment

Seriously, pick any PC game and a team of modders could have released a Stargate game by now, oh wait... they already have (Stargate: Empire at War). I think it is time for MGM to pick an established developer for any Stargate game instead of one who'd take twice as long, spend twice as much and go bankrupt.

sigpic

Comment

Well seems like the "we need cash" plan failed. How is Resistance? Is it worth me paying £12.95 and money for a new mouse to play it? (playing a game with the touch pad on a laptop could problematic)
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X