Stargate Movie Fan Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Movie Fan Campaign

Ok, I have wanted to get this into motion for the longest time. Also I had a dream a few days ago (no joke) where the movies were greenlit.

Seriously though, this has gone to long, the fans need to start acting. If the firefly fans didn't act up, Serenity wouldn't have been made. We need to start throwing ideas around that would convince MGM to make the movies. Also, we need to let MGM know there are still people who want this movie made.

Also, please let's not be negative and say it will never work. Of course it probably won't be the deciding factor for MGM, but doing something about it is better than just waiting for news that the movies will or won't happen. Also the longer the time period, the less likely it will get made so we need to act now!!!

EDIT: Updated March 6th.

Ok guys here's the plan for now.

What we can do Now:

1. Spread the word. Tell all your online Stargate friends to raise awareness and raise our numbers.

2. Sign up on facebook, youtube, twitter if you haven't already.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=331930378712

YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/SGCampaigners

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SGMovieCampaign

3. Use banners and avatars on posts and website - if anyone is good at or enjoys desiging banners or posters, it would be great if you could start making some. Remember to keep the message short and sweet. Keep it positive, we want this campaign to have a positive energy about it.

4. Go to other forums you visit and post - even if they are not scfi.

5. If you can afford and want to go buy a SGA, or SG-1 DVD or buy one for a friend.

6. Make tribute videos to SG-1 and Atlantis so that we can upload some stuff to out youtube channel. Be sure to include a message at the beginning or end of the video like, "Join the fight for the Green light", or "Please Green light the SG-1 and Atlantis movies".

6. If you have any ideas you want to add to the campaign, please email us at [email protected]

Updated June 17th

Video Contest launched!

http://community.livejournal.com/sgm...aign/7742.html

Cell Phones for Soldiers contest!

http://community.livejournal.com/sgm...aign/8159.html

Updated July 1st.

New Website launched!

http://www.stargatemoviescampaign.com/Home_Page.php

Thanks again guys!!!
    Major Davis
    Last edited by major davis; 01 July 2010, 08:55 AM.
    sigpic

sounds good to me!

~waits for the naysayers to come in and throw boiling water into our faces~

i don't know *what* to do, or how to do it, but i'd love for the ptb to know we're still interested!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I need help though, where should we start. Ideas?? Should we all write to the studio? I'm new at fan campaigns, but I'd rather fail and try then sit around and do nothing. Also please spread the word about this thread!!

Thanks!!
      sigpic

Comment

What about petitions. Isn't there some site for that. I remember reading a petition list with like 15,000 people that signed it when sga got canceled?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          What about petitions. Isn't there some site for that. I remember reading a petition list with like 15,000 people that signed it when sga got canceled?
          You'll need millions to be successfull
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks for the positive bit jel. Really, can't we just do something? I mean we can hit up MGMs Twitter, write to them, create petitions, etc. Also we had some ideas circulating around joes blog but we never talked much about it, that's why I wanted to create this thread. I mean, instead of dooming it before we try, let's actually give it a shot!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Well we can do more then petitions right. If we can identify who is in charge of green lighting it and target them instead of shooting in the dark at random MGM people?
              sigpic

Comment

Well we can do more then petitions right. If we can identify who is in charge of green lighting it and target them instead of shooting in the dark at random MGM people?
                it doesn't matter. MGM is in a lot of trouble right now the last thing they want to worry about is two dvd movie.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well let's try to move it up the list. I mean can't we just try?????? Why doom it before we start???????
                  sigpic

Comment

Also the DVD movies have proven to be a source of profit in the past, why would they worry besides the supposed downturn in the DVD market?
                    sigpic

Comment

i don't know 'what' to do, major davis. i don't have any history with doing campaigns either.

my number one desire for any type of campaign is to mainly let the ptb (from stargate, mgm, any new company that might buy mgm) know we're *still* interested. that's got to be *good*, right?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the positive bit jel. Really, can't we just do something? I mean we can hit up MGMs Twitter, write to them, create petitions, etc. Also we had some ideas circulating around joes blog but we never talked much about it, that's why I wanted to create this thread. I mean, instead of dooming it before we try, let's actually give it a shot!!!!!
                        A doomed battle is not worth fighting in the first place
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey major davis,

I would recommend posting something on the SyFy forums. The fans there are mostly positive about SGA and SG-1 and have not turned their backs on those series. Not everyone is into SGU, and some people need to deal with that........ESPECIALLY TPTB. So a lot of folks are really hoping for these movies since SGU is not their cup of tea, and these movies would be their only SG fix.

In fact, SyFY.com is running two DVD contests, one for a SGU DVD and the other for a SGA DVD. Guess which one is getting more positive buzz?
                          Last edited by Briangate78; 18 February 2010, 07:44 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well let's try to move it up the list. I mean can't we just try?????? Why doom it before we start???????
                            i'm being realistic mgm is being sold and the new owners might not care all to much about the dvd's. plus brad and rob are focused on sgu
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i'm being realistic mgm is being sold and the new owners might not care all to much about the dvd's. plus brad and rob are focused on sgu
                              BW and RCC have nothing to do with the SGA DVD. It is M&M's baby.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X