• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Line (109)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    END OF LINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109

Sister Clarice faces a challenge to her leadership of STO on Caprica from Barnabas, who seeks to use Lacy as his pawn. Zoe plans the U-87′s escape from the lab, and Tamara finally allows herself to be found by her father.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 18 July 2011, 02:22 PM.

so

amanda is possibly fish food, clarise was saved courtesy of amanda's swan dive, lacey crossed a line and zoe, well we'll find out if cylons can survive a crash without a seat belt

quote the shocker the identity of joseph's guide, and hte revelation that teryl is playing a tauron
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow!! What a way to leave us hanging. This was good on so many levels, and everything leading up to the ending was simply amazing. This wait is going to be torture.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That was certainly an intense trip of an episode. I can't believe Zoe killed Mr. Nice Engineer.
        I will feel really bad for Daniel if he loses his wife on top of his daughter. I thought Zoe's perspective was really effectively shown, how her world had imploded on her with everyone's perceived betrayal.

I'm frustrated that the shipping plan fell apart when it didn't have to. If Zoe and Lacie had more time to talk, surely they would have come to conclusion that Lacie could have broken Zoe out that night and then hidden her somewhere until the crate could be shipped?

Also, I was confused about Daniel's decision to radiate the chip, destroying Zoe, and then mass-produce it. I thought the only reason why the chip and robot combination worked in the first place was because of Zoe. Or does Daniel not realize that even though he couldn't get the chip to work with any of the other robot bodies?

Comment

Just spectacular! Words cannot express how awesome this was. Can't wait for the show to return!

Comment

Wow... That was hands down, THE best episode of the season. So emotional. One massive development after another.

Somehow I never considered that anything bad would happen to the young scientist Philomon. But considering what show this is, I should have known better. They had a genuine connection, which was sweet. Sad to see him go, but it was done in such an epic way.

Likewise, I just assumed that, when Amanda walked out of the house, she would walk right into the arms of Vergis (since that's what happened in the original pilot, which they then cut out). The thought that she would kill herself at the exact same time that Barnabus/Keon/Lacey tried to kill Clarice, thereby accidentally killing Nestor instead, was just... There are no words.

Fantastic mid-season finale. I realize every episode isn't going to be like this, but if this is the "new direction" the producers mentioned the show might be taking when it returns for season 1.5, then I will be a very happy viewer.

Comment

Well, she is a cylon... I doubt the car crash did much of anything.

Comment

Great episode, probably one of the best so far. Some of the Terminator-esque scenes had some lousy CGI, and I'm beyond appalled that RDA/Eick used the "x hours earlier" schtick again, but generally a very good episode.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

GAAAH!!
                  ZOMG AWESOME!!!

*vocabulary failure*

I'll be back when I'm more coherent.
                  sigpic

Comment

Woohoo, what ride! And what a mid-season finale. I'll be on tenterhooks until the show resumes.

Glad to see Teryl Rothery is taking on a bigger part, and that the Zoe avatar is capable of some emotion besides anger. Don't know what she tried to accomplish with the crash, though, I think it was made pretty clear that those cylons are pretty much indestructible.

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                    Also, I was confused about Daniel's decision to radiate the chip, destroying Zoe, and then mass-produce it. I thought the only reason why the chip and robot combination worked in the first place was because of Zoe. Or does Daniel not realize that even though he couldn't get the chip to work with any of the other robot bodies?
                    Or maybe it was his final ploy to get Zoe to reveal herself. Well, Daniel certainly got more than he bargained for. I don't think Zoe meant to kill the kid, she was just lashing out and forgot her own strength for a moment.

sigpic
                    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

*delurks*

Great episode, for me it was the best so far.

Dang!! How long is the break again??
                      -

Comment

I'm thinking July? Sci Fi usually does things in 3 month blocks, and we know it's coming back in "summer". Jan-Mar is winter, Apr-Jun is spring, Jul-Sept is summer. At least, as Sci Fi sees it.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was that meeting call from Barnabas thing in the previously-segment never before seen? Because I don't remember that. It wasn't in the previous ep. Why would it be "previously on Caprica" if it wasn't there previously?

Awesome ep. I'm quite sad. I don't think Amanda died, though.

Comment

The meeting was not in previous episodes.

We used to get this a lot on Galactica. Scenes that had been cut out were included in the recap as though we had seen them before, even though we hadn't. I'm not sure if they're unaware of this, or if they do it intentionally just for the sake of clarity, but it happens.

It's still canon, even though it's not in the proper episodes. lol

Comment

Holy frakking... That was probably some of the finest television I've watched in what feels like quite a while. This show is really stepping up to me, and I can't believe how many doubts I had about hearing the show's description have melted away into full blown love come this episode. So many twists and turns and plot threads tying up nicely - some major arcs ending, some probably just beginning... Wow.

First off, James Marsters love. Referring to Clarice as "Willow" was cool enough (And probably a deliberate shoutout), but his deadpan line about Clarice becoming thin jelly by the time the bomb goes off was classic. The final standoff with him, Lacy and Keon was fantastic. For a show with no space battles, Caprica pulls off tension just as well as BSG - probably the music! Expanded my major crush on Magda Apanawhatever (Lacy Rand) too, and the character's going interesting places, here's hoping. Points also to Clarice herself, actually showing some brass stones and jamming the pistol in Barney's face was priceless.

Amanda... Ugh, the poor gal. I think she'll live to angst another day. I'm thinking it will involve recovering from her jumping attempt, and Tomas Vergis being involved. Daniel, meanwhile, was pretty boss with his yelling ranting stuff to the dearly departed Philomon - the action he took in this episode was awesome. As was Zoe-A's own little rant to Lacy in the V-World, followed by the robot's perspective montage at the episode's end. And, dear god, poor Philo... I totally liked that guy, and now he's a corpse. Yay for depressive but compelling storytelling.

Onto J. Adama: The poor guy got pushed to the brink, and I think his recovery will be long-ish. That Evelyn was helping him out wasn't a totally huge twist, especially given some of her comments in this episode especially. And Tamara shooting him (And thus, ridding him from New Cap City, the one place she can stay and not be found by him) was heartbreaking. Poor Adamas - and I do see where William Adama got his manly fits of sadness that appeared quite a bit in BSG (I wonder if Esai Morales - hehe, easy morales - watched Eddy James Olmos in preparation...).

All in all, I'm upset to Caprica go for such a while. Yes, I'll have SGU, and seeing the little SGU stuff in the bottom right hand corner was nice, but the show's getting damn good here. Damn good, I say.

EDIT: Found this over of SyFy forums. An interesting thing to note about our two tormented fathers of the show:

So Daniel decides to terminate his daughter because she refuses to admit she exists, and Tamara terminates her father so he'll stop saying she exists. Interesting parallel.
                              Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 27 March 2010, 07:03 AM.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X