The Imperfections of Memory (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    1. For a second I thought Joe's new guide in V-world was Tamara.

2. Clarice, you sly bleep.

3. Lacy, no...didn't you learn from what happened...

4. "Zoe?" Very nicely played and not how I expected them to do it but it still works. I mean, who else would Daniel know that could come up with a theory like that?

Now things get interesting.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    so now daniel is starting to wonder 'did she really get deleted?'

him saying zoe was a shot in the dark

now the question, does she trust him enough to out herself or does she stay hidden? because, honestly, i don't think he can be trusted. if he knows that the robot is sentient and self-aware, he'll lock it down somehow because his pressure and obsession is 'gotta make 999,999 more of these'
    This episode was definitely ground-laying for the rest of the first half of Season 1 (good episode recap here). I just saw the next two episodes/the last two before the mid-season break (GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE and END OF LINE; btw, TPTB call them 108 and 109 - the pilot is counted as 101) at The Paley Center in NYC last night. There was also a very interesting Q&A panel afterwards with actors Esai Morales, Sasha Roiz, Alessandra Torressani and Magda Apanowicz, Exec. Producers Ron Moore, David Eick, and Syfy's Mark Stern (more 'making of' backstories than spoilers - here's Paley Center's livetwitter). Anyway, all I can say is WOW...

Not only was it fantastic to see this show on a big screen, but I doubt if anyone will complain that the next two shows will be boring. There's lots of action, interesting reveals (like the real identity of Joe's new vguide) and a great cliffhanger. The only problem is that Syfy wouldn't say last night exactly when the back half will air (likely sometime in Oct. 2010).

Of course, we were all sworn to secrecy, so I won't give any details away except to say that
    Spoiler:
    Sky's take on the Daniel vs. Zoe dynamic is on target. His quest to find out whether Zoe is 'still in there' is riveting and the end results play a crucial part in the mid-season finale and the 'big changes' (only hinted at last night) that are to come in the second half of the season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i know, but there are some that, if they see bsg actors in caprica might wonder if they're playing the same characters or not.
      Yeah but there generally people with room temperature IQ, the fact that there's what, 60 years between Caprica and BSG should kinda give it away...

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Glad I don't have that problem, since I didn't watch Caprica. But I can see that it might trigger those thoughts. But they did seem to focus in on her, do you think she will be an integral part of the stroyline? Cause I wondered who she was, why they singled her out.
        I dont think they singled her out, I think it was just camera focus, the focus draws us to the forground people so we dont really take note of the guy we find out is Amanda's long dead brother who is just out of focus....

Comment

i love the answer to the Riddle:

"As the gods overthrew the titans,
          so has man overthrown the gods.
          But when man visits his sins upon his children,
          how shall he be repayed?"

the answer is: humanity shall be overthrown by it's children.

the gods were the children of the Titans, so was Humanity the children of the Gods. the Children of Humanity will defeat Humanity.

and guess who that is.

right: the Cylons

Comment

A nice bit of foreshadowing
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

One thing i liked most is the ending.. Tremendous ending and beautifully written..

Comment

Working...
              X