No announcement yet.

Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will definitely check this out when it premieres. Sounds interesting enough.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sounds interesting...I read a recent article that said it took some inspiration for the environment of Terra Nova from Avatar.
      sigpic

Comment

I kind of like the Idea, but why do I get such a bad feeling about this?

I keep thinking where this could go and the only thing I come up with is a circle. They go back, develop Cities and other stuff that will later be extinct by the same thing that killed the Dinosaurs and the whole Story starts again. In the end it just looks to me like they traded one Doomsday against the other.

Also I really hope that FOX means it when they say that they want to do this right.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          I kind of like the Idea, but why do I get such a bad feeling about this?

I keep thinking where this could go and the only thing I come up with is a circle. They go back, develop Cities and other stuff that will later be extinct by the same thing that killed the Dinosaurs and the whole Story starts again. In the end it just looks to me like they traded one Doomsday against the other.

Also I really hope that FOX means it when they say that they want to do this right.
          I hope they mean it too!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            Well they did renew Fringe for a 4th season. So there might be hope for Fox.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

This will be a must watch next season for sure!
              sigpic

Comment

This is filmed in Australia guys! Woooooo

Comment

The Earth is far from being overpopulated, but we're suppose to believe it will happen in the next 150 years? Riiiight. Maybe if the future part of the show were a few thousand years from now, I could buy the overpopulation aspect. As for evacuating people to 85 million years ago... what? The solution is to totally screw up history in a most permanent way? Who are they to rewrite history, who gives them the authority? As soon as people arrive in the past, shouldn't everyone in the future cease to exist, replaced by a new future? The only solution to this is a predestination paradox, but that would mean that everyone evacuated to the past would eventually die out.

Why don't they evacuate everyone to another planet? If they can build a time machine to compensate for another place and time (you have to factor Earth's day-night rotation and orbit around the sun), why not just lock onto a similar machine on an Earth-like planet in another part of our galaxy? Send an expedition team there, even if it takes a generational ship long after the people of Earth die. Turn on the time machine, lock on to Earth's time machine just after you left. Walla, everyone just steps through to an alien world in the future.

This whole series premise just strikes me as Jurassic Park: The Series. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    The Earth is far from being overpopulated, but we're suppose to believe it will happen in the next 150 years? Riiiight. Maybe if the future part of the show were a few thousand years from now, I could buy the overpopulation aspect. As for evacuating people to 85 million years ago... what? The solution is to totally screw up history in a most permanent way? Who are they to rewrite history, who gives them the authority? As soon as people arrive in the past, shouldn't everyone in the future cease to exist, replaced by a new future? The only solution to this is a predestination paradox, but that would mean that everyone evacuated to the past would eventually die out.

Why don't they evacuate everyone to another planet? If they can build a time machine to compensate for another place and time (you have to factor Earth's day-night rotation and orbit around the sun), why not just lock onto a similar machine on an Earth-like planet in another part of our galaxy? Send an expedition team there, even if it takes a generational ship long after the people of Earth die. Turn on the time machine, lock on to Earth's time machine just after you left. Walla, everyone just steps through to an alien world in the future.

This whole series premise just strikes me as Jurassic Park: The Series. I'll pass.
                    The overpopulation thing isn't that hard to believe actually. Just about one hundred years ago there were only two billion people on the planet. Now there are seven billion. It's feasable.

Comment

I am pretty sure this series is design to show pretty pictures of dinosaurs rather than tell a story which make sense to us scifi fans,

Comment

I'm just reserving judgement until I see the show.
                        sigpic

Comment

first of all from what i got from the promo and reading stuff is they can "only" open to this time, which why they picked to live where there were dinosours.

as for effecting the timeline it wouldn't really change that much other then the fact that it would mess up anthropologists data, but humans still would have evolved at the same point and the technological, cultural development will remain the same. my guess is what ever population that they bring back will end up getting wiped out by the same thing that wiped out the dinosaurs. i think you should watch the show or at least the pilot before dismissing the idea. and besides if its a Jurassic park series that great since those movies were awesome!
                          sigpic

Comment

Longer trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                              The overpopulation thing isn't that hard to believe actually. Just about one hundred years ago there were only two billion people on the planet. Now there are seven billion. It's feasable.
                              I think you underestimate how big the Earth is.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              I am pretty sure this series is design to show pretty pictures of dinosaurs rather than tell a story which make sense to us scifi fans,
                              A science-fiction show should be something intelligently written for an intelligent audience. I want attempted scientific credibility from a science-fiction series so I can suspend my disbelief. I want a well written story, not pretty pictures. Give me brilliant writing, then I'll embrace the SFX & VFX.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              first of all from what i got from the promo and reading stuff is they can "only" open to this time, which why they picked to live where there were dinosours.
                              That would make a bit more sense, an accidental time machine. That's a bit reminiscent of Timeline, a book (and movie) about an accidental time machine that was suppose to be a teleportation device.

as for effecting the timeline it wouldn't really change that much other then the fact that it would mess up anthropologists data, but humans still would have evolved at the same point and the technological, cultural development will remain the same. my guess is what ever population that they bring back will end up getting wiped out by the same thing that wiped out the dinosaurs. i think you should watch the show or at least the pilot before dismissing the idea. and besides if its a Jurassic park series that great since those movies were awesome!
                              I'm guessing you've never heard of the butterfly effect.

Comment

A science-fiction show should be something intelligently written for an intelligent audience. I want attempted scientific credibility from a science-fiction series so I can suspend my disbelief. I want a well written story, not pretty pictures. Give me brilliant writing, then I'll embrace the SFX & VFX.
                                What you might want and what you'll actually get can be two very different things. You are not the entirety of the tv audience, nor are you even representative of an average viewer. To put it bluntly, pretty pictures sell well.

Comment

Working...
                                X