This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you describe this show?

Ive never seen much of doctor who, a episode here and there on tv but i dont have a clue bout the plot or the purpose of this show, are the doctor shows related to one or another or are they spin-offs like SGA etc.? and do i have to watch the old show in order to understand the new show? help want to watch it cause i like the actors in it.
    sigpic

The Doctor Who series started in 1963 and is a continuation of the same story line. NOt an offshoot of any other series. The Doctor merely regenerates every so often. You really don't need to watch the old ones, you can just pick up wherever you want
    Dr Who is a Time Lord who can travel thru time and space in his TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimensions In Space ). He encounters old and new enemies and has countless adventures, usually with a companion.
    I say just jump in and you'll catch on.
    Actually this new doctor will be a good place to start, since lots of explainging will be given to his new companion, and you'll pick lots of info background from there.
    Last edited by Girlbot; 17 February 2010, 11:40 AM.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

for me DW is just good clean fun. the doctor is a 906 year old timelord (end of time)he travels the universe just for fun but something always seems to come up which requires him to save people or deal with the situation.

he is extremely smart but he has grown cocky over the years and at times and does things that us mortals don't agree with (waters on mars) one example.
      -------------------------------
      The timelords developed a technology that allows them to "Regenerate" this kicks in when a Time Lord is severely injured. If the Time Lords life is about to end this regeneration kicks in, his/her body heals itself to perfect health, but at a cost, his/her form changes completely.

William Hartnell (1st Doctor) - Died of Old Age - 4 seasons (1963-1966)

Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969)

John Pertwee (3rd Doctor) Radiation Poisoning - 5 Seasons (1970-1974)

Tom Baker (4th Doctor) Fell from a great height - 7 seasons (1774-1981)

Peter Davidson (5th Doctor) Poisoning - 3 seasons (1981-1984)

Colin Baker (6th Doctor) Undetermined Injuries - 3 seasons (1984-1986)

Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor) Shot, died on operating table - 3 seasons + 1 tv movie(1987-1989, 1996)

Paul McGann (8th Doctor) Regenerated at the end of the timewar.

Christopher Eccleston (9th Doctor)Cellular degeneration after absorbing the time vortex. - 1 season (2005)

David Tennant (10th Doctor)- 4 specials & 3 seasons (2006-2010 massive dose of Radiation.

Matt smith (11th doctor) 2010-

anything else come find me
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Its like awesomeness layered with a awesome-sauce and a side helping of epic.

Comment

well then i know what show i am investing next. Thanks for all ure informations,sound fun. and how does torchwood fit in all this?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            well then i know what show i am investing next. Thanks for all ure informations,sound fun. and how does torchwood fit in all this?
            It's a spin off that takes place in the same universe as dw. But it's more mature content. Lots of scenes with men making out with men and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              the doctor is a 906 year old timelord (end of time)
              LIES!! Damned Lies! The 7th Doctor once said that he was over 952 years old..................I suspect the current Doctor is being very vain.........
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                LIES!! Damned Lies! The 7th Doctor once said that he was over 952 years old..................I suspect the current Doctor is being very vain.........
                Old Series...meh.

Just kidding! I respect the Old Series, but I don't like it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Old Series...meh.

Just kidding! I respect the Old Series, but I don't like it too much.
                  DEATH TO THE HEATHEN!!! .............Yes I is crazy fan......But that's just because I don't see the distinction at all between the new and old series.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    He's definitely over a thousand now. I reckon he lied about his age so as not to creep out Rose and then just liked everyone thinking he was young (for a Time Lord).

Comment

i haven't watched the old series. there's no way you can in america

Comment

Not true, I have lots of the DVD's, and it used to be on PBS when I was little, that's how I found out about it. I got to stay up Friday night to see it at 11:00
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Classic Doctor Who is on PBS all the time. (New Who is on there now as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Classic Doctor Who is on PBS all the time. (New Who is on there now as well)
                            I just checked out the two PBS channels I get and no Dr Who is scheduled
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                              I just checked out the two PBS channels I get and no Dr Who is scheduled
                              I think it is on weekends.....or it used to be...

Comment

Working...
                              X