No announcement yet.

New Recurring Character for Season 2 .SPOILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen him on a couple shows. Lately he was a one of the main characters on Prison Break and in the last season of Heroes.

And others: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Knepper
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
      I've seen him on a couple shows. Lately he was a one of the main characters on Prison Break and in the last season of Heroes.

And many others I see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Knepper
      Sure, but the only thing I can remember him in is Good Luck and Good Luck.
      Last edited by EllieVee; 01 April 2010, 07:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Syfy have now put out a press release:

Syfy’s “Stargate Universe” Casts Robert Knepper and Julie McNiven To Guest Starring Roles

New York, New York – April 1, 2010 – Syfy’s acclaimed series, Stargate Universe has cast famed actors, Robert Knepper (Heroes, Prison Break) and Julie McNiven (Supernatural, Mad Men) as guest stars to the second season of the hit series. Knepper joins the cast for a six-episode arc and will portray Simeon, a member of the Lucian Alliance. McNiven will also join the cast for a five-episode arc, portraying Ginn, a member of the Lucian Alliance. Season two of Stargate Universe premieres on Syfy fall 2010.

continues:
        http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/01...source=twitter
        Last edited by Madwelshboy; 01 April 2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoswen View Post
          Hi, everyone,

I don't know if most folks will remember me from a few months ago, but back then I posted spoilers for the second half of season 1 from casting scripts that I had read. I've read the casting script for the new character Simeon. It seems like either some character names have been changed to confuse us, or we meet a bunch of new characters on Destiny, or I just haven't been paying very close attention, because I don't recognize all of the characters that appear to be on Destiny in one of these scenes.

Simeon's casting script had 3 scenes. In the first scene, Simeon stops at a table where Jessica, Matt, and Carl are eating, says something to Jessica that she doesn't like, and everyone in the room, including guards watching Simeon, rush over to protect Jessica. Riggs shoves him up against a wall and tells Simeon that he's free to walk around, but no talking to his (Riggs') people.

In the second scene, a character named Anthony, who also seems to be a member of the Lucian Alliance, tells Simeon that he should watch his mouth, and that he's not going to let Simeon ruin this for them, that they released them (Anthony and Simeon) even though they didn't have to. Simeon protests that even though they were released, guards are still following them everywhere.

The third scene doesn't take place on the Destiny, because Simeon asks another character, named Morrison, what it's like to be on Destiny. Morrison tells him it's a rust bucket. Simeon says he can't wait to see it for himself. Morrison asks him what will happen if he can't do it, and fails to make a connection? Simeon says that the Colonel promised that he wouldn't kill Morrison.
          We can't rely on the fact that these are Simeon scenes because the third one has nothing to do with Simeon.
          But it seems like the info is legit
          - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

I wonder what Colonel the character Simeon is talking about? Telford? Young?
            I think Knepper is a good pick to play the "big bad" for season 2.

Comment

I wonder what Colonel the character Simeon is talking about? Telford? Young?
              I'm pretty sure that this particular scene happened near the end of season 1, but the other scenes haven't happened yet. There was a scene in which Rush is talking to one of Kiva's men, and the man (sorry - I can't remember his name - was it Varro?) asks Rush what Destiny is like. Then Rush asks what will happen if he can't get the gate to work.

So, this may mean that "Simeon" is actually the same Lucian Alliance character that Rush was speaking to in the earlier episode. Or, "Simeon" could just be what was used in these season 2 sides to designate any of the various Lucian Alliance soldiers.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this particular scene happened near the end of season 1, but the other scenes haven't happened yet. There was a scene in which Rush is talking to one of Kiva's men, and the man (sorry - I can't remember his name - was it Varro?) asks Rush what Destiny is like. Then Rush asks what will happen if he can't get the gate to work.

So, this may mean that "Simeon" is actually the same Lucian Alliance character that Rush was speaking to in the earlier episode. Or, "Simeon" could just be what was used in these season 2 sides to designate any of the various Lucian Alliance soldiers.
                Simeon is Robert Knepper.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  Simeon is Robert Knepper.
                  Thanks What threw me off was that I thought that Simeon was only going to be appearing in season 2 - I didn't realize that he'd already had lines in season 1. Plus, character names were obviously switched in the casting sides for season 2 to confuse people trying to figure out what will happen. I definitely have to watch the last few episodes again.

Comment

Thanks What threw me off was that I thought that Simeon was only going to be appearing in season 2 - I didn't realize that he'd already had lines in season 1. I definitely have to watch the last few episodes again.
                    Simeon wasn't in season 1.
                    sigpic

Comment

Simeon wasn't in season 1.
                      Oh, ok. Then I'm still confused. Do you know who the Lucian Alliance member was who was in that scene with Rush? (The one where he asks what will happen if he can't get the gate to connect) The casting sides for Simeon for season 2 included that scene (In the sides, Simeon was talking with someone named "Morrison," but when the scene aired Rush turned out to have "Morrison's" lines and someone else from the Lucian Alliance had "Simeon's" lines).
                      Last edited by Rhoswen; 22 June 2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks What threw me off was that I thought that Simeon was only going to be appearing in season 2 - I didn't realize that he'd already had lines in season 1. Plus, character names were obviously switched in the casting sides for season 2 to confuse people trying to figure out what will happen. I definitely have to watch the last few episodes again.
                        Simeon hasn't yet appeared.

Comment

Oh, ok. Then I'm still confused. Do you know who the Lucian Alliance member was who was in that scene with Rush? (The one where he asks what will happen if he can't get the gate to connect) The casting sides for Simeon for season 2 included that scene (In the sides, Simeon was talking with someone named "Morrison," but when the scene aired Rush turned out to have Morrison's lines).
                          I think you're confusing what happened in season one with the sides for season 2. You're thinking of Varro in the 'what happens' scene.

Comment

No, I just couldn't remember who the character was in the scene with Rush. That scene was included in Simeon's season 2 casting sides, and in those sides (at least in the scene with Rush) Simeon was marked as having the lines that were instead spoken by Varro when the scene aired. When I first read those casting sides a while ago, I assumed that that scene would be in season 2 (because there was no indication in the sides that that particular scene would be in season 1, or that a different character besides Simeon would say those lines).

I'm assuming that the other two Simeon scenes from the casting sides will most likely still be Simeon scenes in the first episode or two of season 2.

Sorry for the confusion, but I think I've got it sorted out now, thanks to everyone's help
                            Last edited by Rhoswen; 20 June 2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X