This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Gateworld

It has been a fun few years posting here, and causing some chaos in the cantina. Indeed, i have come to know and respect many of you, and even regard some of you as moderate acquaintances. However, since i started college, i have discovered something...IRL ACTUALLY EXISTS! i know! i was shocked! i always thought it was a joke here on the interwebz, but oh how wrong i was! It has beautiful women(SOME OF WHOM FIND ME ATTRACTIVE[HELL YEAH!]!!)! delicious food! people crazier than thew cantineers! why, i could spend entire days IRL! so it is with a heavy heart, that i take my leave of gateworld, at least for now. maybe if tptb manage to salvage SGU i'll return on occasion, but gateworld is no longer my primary source of entertainment.
    To the Cantineers, always fight the mods. never give up.

to the mods, I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.
    Darren, I want you to know that I was rooting for you. Know that. Sky... it would never have worked between us darling. I'm sorry... And Mapp... nice hat. Friends... This is the day that you will ALWAYS remember as the day that you ALMOST banned vice-admiral tombombadil.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

*jumps out of the internet*
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

*Grabs Tom's legs* DONT LEAVE US!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
      maybe if tptb manage to salvage SGU i'll return on occasion, but gateworld is no longer my primary source of entertainment.
      why judge the whole series just on ten eps??
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Goodbye Tom, you will be missed.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

...I gotta say, that was a pretty awesome farewell.

Bye, Tom! All the best on your voyage to the outside world. *salutes*
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            why judge the whole series just on ten eps??
            well, to be honest i found it ridiculous from the get go when they put a highly classified problem into a popular video game, that an MIT dropout managed to solve but the most brilliant people on earth couldn't. other than that the characters emotional displays are way to unrealistic. i'm still watching it though, in hopes it will get better.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Who are you?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Goodbye Tom. Have a good journey.
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

jelgate

bye Tom, i know we didn't really talk but i know your name and what you mean about the real live. it's affecting me too!

but i disagree about SGU, imo it's brilliant.

farewell Tom - be safe! *waves*

Comment

but but but... Tom.... dun leave us.....

You can juggle RL with Gateworld. I Do, I eat food IRL, I date Shaun IRL, I do chores IRL, though I don't go to college yet IRL I still managed high school IRL. Don't leave us completely Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Who are you?
                      Who are we all without Tommy ?
                      *Cries*
                      Why not just visit once a week ? *Points to date* I'm meant to be happy, but I'm actually quit sad . Don't go! Unless you really, really have to .
                      RL is overrated, he'll be back .
                      I'm a woman... it's hot in Australia... laws of physics dictate that every object/person/thing is attracted to all other matter .... And I find you ...funny ?
                      I'm doing College in RL, I have to learn last semester's work as well as this semester's because I was sick andhad to leave, but I'm still here ! Sure, College = US High School (this is the best comparison I can make !).

But, bye-bye, Tommy if you do go !

EDIT: PS I was looking forward to the 6,000th thread in off-topic and wondered what it would be, but I didn't expect this .
                      Last edited by Supreme Commander Sil; 08 February 2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Adios Amigo, may your journey take you to the stars (or starlets) but remember Tom, once you step outside your door, it's a dangerous journey along the road. See you on the other side
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                          Who are we all without Tommy ?
                          *Cries*
                          Why not just visit once a week ? *Points to date* I'm meant to be happy, but I'm actually quit sad . Don't go! Unless you really, really have to .
                          RL is overrated, he'll be back .
                          I'm a woman... it's hot in Australia... laws of physics dictate that every object/person/thing is attracted to all other matter .... And I find you ...funny ?
                          I'm doing College in RL, I have to learn last semester's work as well as this semester's because I was sick andhad to leave, but I'm still here ! Sure, College = US High School (this is the best comparison I can make !).

But, bye-bye, Tommy if you do go !

EDIT: PS I was looking forward to the 6,000th thread in off-topic and wondered what it would be, but I didn't expect this .
                          HA!!!! I knew you were a genius!!!...and evil one....
                          How else can a minor be in college?

*Ingores certain aspects of Sil's post *

Hasta la vista, Tom
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Goodbye Tom.

I wish you good luck on all your journeys, no matter how strange or sexually deviant they may be.
                            sigpic

Comment

Tom, we might never have talked much but you are certinalyl a legend here. I know what you mean about uni/collage causing the drift from GW. I also admit I am kinda addicted to GW and I should probably spend more tiem IRL...

Fare thee well Tom.
                              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X