Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a single ZPM be able to dial Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
    What do you think? Would us manage to dial the destiny using only one ZPM?
    Maybe a fully charged one, but those are (so far) non-existent. The short answer is no or we would have already done so without the use of project Icarus.
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
      Maybe a fully charged one, but those are (so far) non-existent. The short answer is no or we would have already done so without the use of project Icarus.
      We've encountered a couple of fully powered ZPMs. The ones Todd gave, the one from the brought by the Asurans during the Return, the one from the Quindosium.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
        We've encountered a couple of fully powered ZPMs. The ones Todd gave, the one from the brought by the Asurans during the Return, the one from the Quindosium.
        Right, I completely forgot about those. However, (now that I have a bit of a memory jog lol) if I recall correctly, the ones Todd gave were the only ones we were able to actually use (wormhole drive), the ones brought back by the Ancients were depleted (or close) by the time we could use them, and I don't remember the Quindosium at all......episode reference please.

Once again, I reserve the right to be completely wrong, as my memory is a little fuzzy.
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
          Right, I completely forgot about those. However, (now that I have a bit of a memory jog lol) if I recall correctly, the ones Todd gave were the only ones we were able to actually use (wormhole drive), the ones brought back by the Ancients were depleted (or close) by the time we could use them, and I don't remember the Quindosium at all......episode reference please.

Once again, I reserve the right to be completely wrong, as my memory is a little fuzzy.

The Quindosium were also known as the Brotherhood of the 15. "The Brotherhood" Atlantis episode 16

The Ancient's ZPM we never had access to, but the Asuran ZPMs were at least very near full and were spread between the Odyssey, Atlantis and the Ancient weapons platform.
          Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
          -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
          Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
          What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

I do not think it is energy, I think they need a specially designed gate, like the one on the Icarus planet. If they had an adequate gate, they could dial Destiny with a ZPM. Then again, it would be a one way trip, so I cannot see that many people volunteering.

Assuming the Icarus gate survived the explosion, I think they will find that one eventually, and get it set up again.

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
              I do not think it is energy, I think they need a specially designed gate, like the one on the Icarus planet. If they had an adequate gate, they could dial Destiny with a ZPM. Then again, it would be a one way trip, so I cannot see that many people volunteering.

Assuming the Icarus gate survived the explosion, I think they will find that one eventually, and get it set up again.

No it definitely didn't survive the explosion, and no any gate can dial Destiny. You simply need an adequate power source, possibly a specially designed control crystal for the DHD, but those can be made. The power generated by the Icarus planet was high enough to make gate explode in just a few minutes if the power wasn't cut, which is a very large amount of power. I'm not sure how that relates to a ZPM, but that's still a lot of power.

If Destiny could constantly receive stuff from Earth, I would go. The only thing I would miss would be Xbox live, but I'm sure you could make a game network there.
              -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
              What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

Also, I think ZPMs are pretty much reserved for earth defense. So they would not use one in such a manner anyway.

Comment

I'm not sure how that relates to a ZPM, but that's still a lot of power.
                  according to my calculations it makes a ZPM look like crap. Icarus exploding will be noticed as a supernova in 21 years on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    according to my calculations it makes a ZPM look like crap. Icarus exploding will be noticed as a supernova in 21 years on earth.
                    Couldn't have said it better.
                    You know, given the power source they had there, you think they would have installed some sort of shield generators.
                    -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Originally posted by deltaCain054 View Post
                      Couldn't have said it better.
                      You know, given the power source they had there, you think they would have installed some sort of shield generators.
                      I don't think we have the capability yet to place a shield over a whole planet. Even if we had the energy we don't have the tech to use it.

Hmm, does anyone know what happened to Arthur's Mantle ?
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I think it still on Earth, but it does raise the question of why it has never been used, especially in Stargate Continuum.
                        -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

It always bugged me, that there was never any hint of where the Ancients made ZPMs, how they made them, nothing. They continue to be simply a magical device that magically appears whenever they have a need for vast amounts of near limitless power. One of the weakest plt devices ever, like they weren't even trying.

PS. You would think at the very least, the Atlantis would have been able to make those. ZPMs being so critical for its existence and all.

Comment

Yeah, they should find a facility that creates them, or used to. Any such facility would have probable been destroyed by the Wraith, but there should be at least some reference to it.
                            -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Well, the Asurans seemed to have all the brand new ZPMs that they wanted. That was another thing, where the heck did they get them all from? They had a fully powered city, plus all they wanted for war ships.

Comment

They were replicators, They made them themselves.
                                -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Working...
                                X