Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Who do you want to replace O'Neill as general?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Who do you want to replace O'Neill as general?

I hope no one else started this thread/poll yet. If they did, Oh well. *shrugs*

Louis Gosset or Stacy Keach?
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Louis Gosset. He just has a better attitude to be a General.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I like Lou Gosset but I doubt they could get him for a semi -regular on a TV show. He's an Oscar winner and they are frightfully expensive.

As for Stacy Keach, he's ok, but I'm still hoping for Hammond to come back.
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Lou Gossett won an Oscar? What was it for?

Anyone remember Stacy Keach as Mike Hammer?

Later,
        Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus

Later,
          Graculus
          It was for his role as the drill sargent in "An Officer and a Gentleman" on of my favorite movies. He can definately do the military thing, but I think his presence would really overwhelm the ensemble nature of Stargate.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

I'll do the job....laughs
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I had never even heard of these people before today, so I couldn't care less.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                I had never even heard of these people before today, so I couldn't care less.

They both are a little before your time.
                If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                  I think his presence would really overwhelm the ensemble nature of Stargate.
                  Hmmm, that could happen. Unless Lou is such a good actor that he has mastered being inconspicuous. But I agree it's more likely that the General will get more action and onscreen time in order to showcase the big star.

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus

Anyone remember Stacy Keach as Mike Hammer?

Later,
                    Graculus
                    Love Mike hammer. I'm still humming the Theme music.

da da da da da, da da da da da, da da da da da da da dum de doo da....
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I'm old enough to remember both these actors, and as such I also believe they are both a little "long in the tooth" for the role. The only one I can think of that does television and is mature enough without being over the hill is Tom Selleck. I'm sure some of the ladies and other shippers would like the idea of him to carry on about.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I like both, but I think I'd prefer Lou Gosset.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          I'm old enough to remember both these actors, and as such I also believe they are both a little "long in the tooth" for the role. The only one I can think of that does television and is mature enough without being over the hill is Tom Selleck. I'm sure some of the ladies and other shippers would like the idea of him to carry on about.

Uggg....I hate that guy! I really don't know why either...just something about him puts me off. If I had to choose it would be Lou! But I much rather prefer that Jack stay in command and he's just not seen. He takes a bunch of trips to the Pentagon or something...

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Or, you know what would be cool? If Jacob was made head of the SGC. He is an Air Force General, so he's got the rank, and it might repair our relationship with the Tok'ra.

-IMF
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I doubt that would happen because of a Tok'ra at the top of the SGC then.

I still want Hammond back, but it doesn't sound like that will happen.
                              So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                              And we never even know we have the key.
                              Already Gone---------
                              The Eagles-----------

Comment

Working...
                              X