No announcement yet.

Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it mentioned somewhere? The time, I mean.

I distinctly remember Jack mentioning it, but I could be remembering it wrong of course. A couple of months, I think.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just found a website with the Stargate Chronology ( made up by a fan). According to that, it has been six months.

Am I allowed to post links to other websites? I forget if that is okay or against the rules of the forum.

So, if it has only been six months, Daniel is still too close to that grief. Still out of character, but maybe more acceptable considering the circumstances?

Comment

It's never bothered me on a Daniel's character basis that he shot the infant Goa'uld, because anger and grief make us do things reason would say are irrational.

Also because there are IMO a lot of things in first season that show TPTB were feeling their way into the characters.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          It's never bothered me on a Daniel's character basis that he shot the infant Goa'uld, because anger and grief make us do things reason would say are irrational.
          I agree with you on that. I was thinking of a few characters from Avengers: Infinity War that acted totally irrationally, when I watched that scene actually.
          Last edited by BethHG; 11 June 2018, 07:36 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
            Am I allowed to post links to other websites? I forget if that is okay or against the rules of the forum.
            That's very much allowed.
            So link away.

Comment

http://www.operationbrainleak.com/ch...te-chronology/

Here is the link for Stargate Chronology

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                http://www.operationbrainleak.com/ch...te-chronology/

Here is the link for Stargate Chronology
                Oh cool... gonna check it out after work.

Comment

I love this episode and it is the first episode that the handsome bra'tac appears in

Comment

Hassak means weakling,fodder its goaul'd language

Comment

Originally posted by Chantellebaker View Post
                      I love this episode and it is the first episode that the handsome bra'tac appears in

It was a great intro to Bra'tac.

Comment

Originally posted by Chantellebaker View Post
                        Hassak means weakling,fodder its goaul'd language
                        O'Neill's reaction to that is brilliant though...

Comment

i always felt it was a mistake to kill the Gould when you capture them and have them for ... well for science..... that said they were unable to help themselves, but also they were genetically programmed

with pain and suffering and a instinct to react to everything with overbearing pain and misery, they were genetically engineered seriel killers, soooo i disagree on several levels and feel they were like salvageable

with the right raising or even genetic modification, or a proper host that could resist them and force them to go through schooling, but practically, speaking... it may have been the proper move to gain

respect from the Gould considering how the system lords treat symbiots later on ... they are a very... cruel and malevolent at times species...

im not sure if those were tokra symbiots or blank symbiots grown by a queen who did that just for the ceremony... but it was brutal....

or they could have been rival queens symbiots... who knows.... very cruelly evil and brutal though

Comment

its like season 8 or 9 where the system lords do that cruel act i think... anyways they respect brutality and violence and treat with disrespect those who refuse to meet them honestly on the field of battle....

atleast depending on which one you are talking to.... Yu certainly shares his opinions eventually, but the weaker gould may have different opinions on whats valuable and viable as tactics for war and battle

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                              i always felt it was a mistake to kill the Gould when you capture them and have them for ... well for science..... that said they were unable to help themselves, but also they were genetically programmed with pain and suffering and a instinct to react to everything with overbearing pain and misery, they were genetically engineered seriel killers, soooo i disagree on several levels and feel they were like salvageable with the right raising or even genetic modification, or a proper host that could resist them and force them to go through schooling, but practically, speaking...
                              The species is parasitical in nature, imprinted with the genetic memory of all who came before and they are impersonating gods and goddesses, enslaving people to use as worshippers and hosts. If there's one thing about Goa'uld that's pretty straightforward, it's that they are powerhungry maniacs.

The Tok'ra are symbiotes too, who still exhibit that little bit of arrogance, but they changed their ways. Perhaps seeing they could live symbiotically together with willing hosts and accomplish a great deal more than doling out the suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                                they were genetically engineered serial killers, soooo i disagree on several levels and feel they were like salvageable.
                                I don't know how much you know about the mental health of serial killers. If caught early enough (generally before they begin killing) they can often be salvaged, as you put it. That intervention must be early, though, as soon as the initial symptoms appear.

I think it's far too late to salvage the goa'uld, unless you can first erase their genetic memory (which is basically how the Tok'ra were created).

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X