Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I don't know how much you know about the mental health of serial killers. If caught early enough (generally before they begin killing) they can often be salvaged, as you put it. That intervention must be early, though, as soon as the initial symptoms appear.
    Not entirely sure what you are talking about. Most socio- or psychopaths have an altered brain and subsequent brain chemistry.

See: Psychopaths' Brains Show Differences In Structure And Function
    School of Medicine and Public Health -- University of Wisconsin Madison

And no, a psychopath cannot be cured from psychopathy. They can be conditioned to exhibit good behavior like Pavlov's dog but cured, no.

See: Can Psychopaths Be Cured?
    Source: Mechanisms of Disinhibition (MoD) Laboratory -- Yale University
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think we're saying the same thing, FH, which is that the gou'ald can't be fixed any more than psychopaths can.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Ah yes... that... indeed.

Comment

Errors :

1. When Bra'tac shoots his staff weapon 3 times the ground, it burns like fuel or any other flameable material.
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/1x11/03.jpg

2. My own observation : I believe the big Apophis symbol is upside down again above the container when Sam and Daniel have gone there. Normall the head looks to the right (like on the forehead of Teal'c), but here it looks to the left.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            2. My own observation : I believe the big Apophis symbol is upside down again above the container when Sam and Daniel have gone there. Normall the head looks to the right (like on the forehead of Teal'c), but here it looks to the left.
            Is that upside down, or a mirror image? Mirror images can result from flipping film/digital images.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I was talking about this :
              http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht.../chulak/31.jpg
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

To be honest, I don't even know which ways is right side up anymore.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Since Apophis is represented as a snake in the underworld, it makes more sense to be that way than upside down (from what it is in the above image).

Comment

By the way it doesn't really matter for me, just normaly the snake looks to the right like on Teal'c forehead and not upside down to the left.

Comment

Working...
                    X